The online racing simulator
Serious Warning For All Lfs Hosts
(23 posts, started )
Please note, there is currently a user trying to recieve admin rights by pretending to know you in some way. For more details please click the link below.

http://www.createforum.com/php ... 3f157bbbb&mforum=cruk

This is obviously a scam that is going to catch on, and there will be plenty more people trying this on I suspect.

Watch out..... noobs are going to the next level of idiocy lol
You can't give admin rights to anyone can you.
Well I suppose you could tell the server details.
the person asked for the admin password, which is in a way granting admin rights? lets not get side tracked lol
#5 - Jakg
Doesn't sound like him, he's been active on the forum, raced him a few times, was on the STCC server today. Doesn't sound like him. Someone else on his account maybe?

EDIT - Where in there does he ask for the password? He claims to already have it, so asking would just give it away...

Something smells fishy here
Lol sorry
I will vouch for him as well. I've raced with him plenty, as well as a spell I did in the demo servers for several months of nightly racing when he was a demo user. He has said in the past that his younger brother logs onto the servers using his account license before. I do believe he started a thread about it a while back.
#8 - Jakg
Never had probs with Rooble, I seem to recall though that he is some sort of a programmer or something. Facts matter, speculation does not. I won't speculate
Quote from bigukg :the person asked for the admin password, which is in a way granting admin rights? lets not get side tracked lol

Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: All 3 of you are banned
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Good bye ..
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: Polymatrix-CID - who do u think ur tlkin 2
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Lol
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: Polymatrix-CID - who r u sayin u 3 are all banned to ?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: You're saerver is hosted bye my brothers company if im no mista
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: cool, but still remember i pay for this server
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: not u
[Tš³]f31n7 pitted
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: so ill decide whos banned
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Cool But i think You'll Find I know You're Admin Pass and User
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: so ur brothers gna let u mess with peoples accounts?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Im Co-owner
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: I own 50 %
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: do ya?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: I Do the Advetisement Ect..
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: then im your customer.... leave it to me whos banned please
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Ok then....
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: i dont expect to be told who is and isnt banned...
^ Nicely done BigUk
If you don't want someone to know your account details, simply don't tell them. Easy. Even a newt could understand that.

If you get asked for account information by anyone ever on MSN/VoiP/Email etc then never ever give them it unless you 100000003% sure they are genuine.

The scammers only work because 80% of the human population is stupid enough to let them. Stop them by using the pinky grey thing between your ears at least once every six months.
#12 - Jakg
he's right

A short while ago i used my website for a little "experiment" - i set up the hotmail logon page, only when you tried to log in it emailed me your password and account name. My website was crap VERY few people went on it. In 6 months i got 24 emails with usernames and passwords, i would of got more, but my hotmail account got banned.

Have some sense!
Quote from BigDave2967 :^ Nicely done BigUk

Thanks,
Obviously people arent just going to give out their passwords just like that, but this is the whole reason people are trying to pretend they know you, to trick you into doing it. Just be aware that there are people doing it thats all im not calling anyone stupid

Your brothers having access to your computer is not really an excuse, as XP has a fantastic feature, where you can put a password on your login ??? If he knew his brothers had access to his computer, and were going to behave like that, he should password protect his PC full stop, and this problem would have not arisen am I wrong?
#14 - Jakg
well he didnt KNOW it was gonna happen, maybe his brother geussed the password, or got acess to it some other way - either way it isn't him thats done it
Right, he posted on the forums in July to say his brothers had used his computer to mess about on LFS, or that he suspected they had.

All that needs doing is a long password from a mixture of numbers and letters, and problem solved. It isnt like this is the first time ??
I thinkhe should change his password onto his account if he knows his brother can get access.
Yeh so do I, you cant just say 'oh its not his fault; cos it obviously is if he cant put a password on his pc or his license!!
I KNEW HE WAS A SCAM!!
HEY!! why arent i in the chat? i was talking too in it
Well ive banned him 9999999 too, lol

It isnt a case of "it wasnt him", it is his reponsibility to protect his account, so, in the end, it falls to him.
If he changes his password, and we get a certification that his brother will not be on his account again, then, yes i will be glad to unban him
One thing I've noticed lately is I've seen Rooble in drift servers and I didn't know him to be into drifting .

A shame. I really with Rooble would see these threads and be able to respond as the true Rooble really is a clean racer.
Ok so it seems yet again, my deviant younger brother has done the same stunt as he did not long ago!

I'm sorry for all and any havoc or mischief he has caused, and i assure you none of this was me, and i was completely unaware of it! And yes, as ive been told before its my responsibility and its partly my fault (well mostly)

I wont make a big song and dance about it, but my younger brother has become a bit of an **** the past few months because of the crowd he hangs out with.

Let it be known, that ill beat him good and proper! I've warned him once before, I've banned him from LFS completely, i even took a break myself. He obviously cant be trusted, and to any server owners please do not fear, he doesn't have any details or passwords or such. So don't be alarmed, he is just a little sh*t trying to play big with my name.

I know a few of the 'respected' members within this community, I'm sure they know i wouldn't do such a thing.illepall

Sorry again!

Rooble

*Ill be changing my LFS password now too, just to make double sure! I wish someone would have also made this apparent to me sooner!*
#22 - SamH
I totally agree with Brad, if you can guarantee this wont happen again, which isnt really difficult in my opinion (especially with the info from SamH), then I'll be more than happy to unban you. This is down to know one else apart from yourself, no matter what a great player and nice person you are, you have to be responsible.

Your brother may be a little sh1t, but hes only a little shit on lfs because he has the opportunity to be

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG