The online racing simulator
Is this a common thing still
(33 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Damn! What does today's car produce?
Was their power decreased due to safety reasons or what? I am not very familiar with the history of Indycar.

Now that is some slow racing... tho it's allways very close racing haha!
(Just tried it once, not with 50% restriction tho, but with the UF1)

FBM... pffft, does not like that car, but I guess it could be enjoyable

Nice, three men bumpdrafting was allways fun, but hard due to lag.

Remember doing it with a full race by lap 3, was just us 3 everyone spectating. The good old days
Quote from The Very End :but admit it.. the more the better yes?

Yes! I'm also a speed freak,even if I don't give a $#!t about F1,it's still fun to blast with the fastest car in LFS around,especially in city environment,enjoyed every single one of 25 laps yesterday at my fun race event! Fun starts at 200,at 300 - really big fun!
Quote :What about the class B supercars back in rallycross and rally... who does not miss them?

Hell yes. There are still a couple of 6R4's here doing hillclimbs, rallycross etc here. Don't think they are turbo's but still shocking fast and great to see in action. Both group B and 80's turbo F1 where putting out 1100bhp official and several rally teams where caught adding nitrous to that.
Quote from stan.distortion :Hell yes. There are still a couple of 6R4's here doing hillclimbs, rallycross etc here. Don't think they are turbo's but still shocking fast and great to see in action. Both group B and 80's turbo F1 where putting out 1100bhp official and several rally teams where caught adding nitrous to that.

Holy shit!
So, theoretical, how fast would these car go if they were not geared for acceleration?
Tried to find highest recorded speeds but nothing much over 140mph. Should be somewhere around 200mph, aerodynamics plays a bigger part than outright power and most had the aerodynamics of a very high downforce brick Was wrong about the F1 output, it was around 900hp for the race and 1400-1500hp qualifying.
Quote from The Very End :Holy shit!
So, theoretical, how fast would these car go if they were not geared for acceleration?

Fast.

if they was set up for a speed run and just a straight run. well exceeding 400kph/250mph..

A good video for reference would be the texas mile in a Ford gt that does 257mph with 1250bhp iirc.
:faint:
Quote from Feuerdrache :Bump drafting in a BF1? You only do that once in a race. It's not possible without spinning the car ahead around.

Bump Drafting is very possible in a BF1 on oval.

a typical FM (Plaztikman) Setup can cope with a 3 car bump interchange. A 4th car usually screws it up.

A 6 car bump drafting train ( or more ) requires a 3-3 or 3-4 wing setup otherwise you can kiss your stability and grip goodbye. More wing allows the added grip to hold a stable 6 car drafting train.... BUT -> if you fall out of the train you have extra drag that will screw your race over.

Bump drafting is usefull for sprints, but not recommended for 100 LAP endurance races, it will screw your pitstops up, as well as cause excessive tyre wear.

For endurance races "your dance partners" ( AKA draft buddies ) should avoid making contact whatsoever, but should hold a solid drafting pattern for such events.

Hard tyres are recommended on oval with BF1 race setups - less tyre drag = less speed dropoff on oval corners ( in conjuction with the smoothest and tightest line you can drive ).

However less grip also causes speed drop off if your tyres slip. So a balance is required.

Is this a common thing still
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG