The online racing simulator

Poll : Shall there be another GTAL Season?

Yes
No
Unsure
#76 - CSF
Sorry to dissapoint, i know i attempt to troll, but why would i spend ANOTHER 24 pound, on a third account when i have vipex123? but it has same name as my OLD xbox live name

Quote from TacTicalNoob :
Quote from xtraction :Who are you, do you know me or something? you have the same name as i used to have on XBL.........

Ite sean paul.. not tellin ya

Only 3 people call me that. and idc anymore, when i get paid this month im off to iRacing, community on here is getting too childish now
Quote from xtraction :Only 3 people call me that. and idc anymore, when i get paid this month im off to iRacing, community on here is getting too childish now

I can tell you that if you think these pair of Americans are childish you are in for a shock on iRacing
Quote from boothy :I can tell you that if you think these pair of Americans are childish you are in for a shock on iRacing

When I raced iRacing, I luled massively because of the amount of 5 year olds who literally cried when I spun them.
Quote from Bmxtwins :When I raced iRacing, I luled massively because of the amount of 5 year olds who literally cried when I spun them.

That's what you get on iRacing. You will never understand.
What the **** am I reading?
Quote from boothy :I can tell you that if you think these pair of Americans are childish you are in for a shock on iRacing

Im already clue'd up on this ^^ im only class D so i guess they will get more sirius when i get in to the V8

is that a compliment? holy sh*t hes been healed
Quote from PMD9409 :That's what you get on iRacing. You will never understand.

Now,now. I didnt say it was on purpose. I am quite the aggresive driver on those short tracks tho.
Quote from xtraction :Im already clue'd up on this ^^ im only class D so i guess they will get more sirius when i get in to the V8

Good luck.
i think a GTAL 2012 would be good.

GT2WS = Custom Tracks

GTAL = Normal Track (Amatuer To Say)

just a personal input even if it gets ignored
thats a good idea actually Turbo. I think that would add a lot of diversity aswell. And then the admins could split the field up more evenly so that cars like LLM aren't racing against faster teams like spdo and my3id
Quote from Tur8o :
GT2WS = Custom Tracks
GTAL = Normal Track (Amatuer To Say)

What are custom tracks?
Quote from TFalke55 :What are custom tracks?

I guess he means Open configs.. :/

Personally I'd like to see another season of GTAL, even if i'm not allowed to drive. It's just the thing that it's there.. and it means a lot to some people to be able to drive in such organised league, for many it has been their first endurance experience, like mine for example and I just loved it.
Two series will never be successful in this state of LFS. Obviously we would all want that, but the ability to morale not only the drivers, but the admins to do two full seasons of virtually the same league is just too time consuming and would get rather annoying. However don't be put off, as there are always solutions.

The GT Pro-Am idea. Honestly, it isn't a bad one. There needs to be a tight rule on an Amatuer team. One that can just go all the way across the board. Lets say it is "4 hours or less of driving in an endurance environment". Now lets think of 15 (half of 30) teams of 3 drivers that have those requirements. That's 45 drivers that have driven under 4 hours in endurance racing. Sorry but you probably won't find that many. And if you won't find that many to split a Pro-Am field, then how could a series GTAL ever run again?

I think taking a look outside GT racing for endurance would be a good spark for drivers. I also think that continuing to use GT's in a non-endurance environment might also be a good spark for drivers. Ever thought of LFSCART but in a GT? How about LFSCART Light in GT?

For example:
GT World Championships
Friday: GT2
Saturday: GT1
Sunday: GT0 (trollface)
All 75-90 minute races (same tracks for each series each week) and one driver per car (No SC's even for all I care). You could stack the grids with that and it would probably be a lot of fun as well.

Obviously keeping the same leagues around would be nice, no doubt about it, but if LFS isn't going to change, then maybe we should.
Quote from PMD9409 :I think taking a look outside GT racing for endurance would be a good spark for drivers. I also think that continuing to use GT's in a non-endurance environment might also be a good spark for drivers. Ever thought of LFSCART but in a GT? How about LFSCART Light in GT?

You mean like DTM?
We have nothing high tech enough to match DTM, I was meaning the GTWC that I posted above.

Plus their race format and points system wouldn't be too great.
I think road cars with slicks would be veery interesting. Could be TBO or LRF, both are good. I did some testing with previous patches and racing is very close. I also tried a mix of limited LRF to match TBO performance, adding more car types to the class, and was really fun. ;-)

The cars are more predictive (than with road tires) and you don't have the "dirty air effect" when too close to another car. Also, as tires tend to wear quite quickly due to the small size, it can provide plenty of strategies.

May be some tracks need some adjustments because some "high curves" that can make some car flip, but also you can use a more "racing set" with lower an harder suspension (as these cars have quite high ride height)...

Just think about it...
Tryed aswell something with tweak about TBO +FZ5 with slickd, that was really fun. If we add std as a second class that would be such a good multiclass atmosphere for endu races and btw I think that many druvers are looking after that.

Did once such a race with genuine, that was 24hrs of fun ! Plus there were so many strategies : 1h, 1h20, 1h30 and some attempted 1h40.
That could work on another league other than GTAL. Sounds really, really interesting to me. I wanna see it happen :P
Quote from Bmxtwins :*snip*

admins could split the field up more evenly so that cars like LLM aren't racing against faster teams like spdo and my3id

Or instead of that, i know it would be more work for the admins, but have 3 league tables for the 1 league. Have a rookie championship, a pro championship and then the third one, have both combined so you can compete against the best, but you have a chance of winning rookie and coming like top 10 in the overall standings.
That's sound like pro am system as in blancpain that was already discussed. Btw wanna remind that guest pro team only won once in GTAL history. (#low racing at WE1 in season 2009)
Just make sure iTCC is here, thats all i want
This thread is closed

Do you want a GTAL 2012?
(107 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG