The online racing simulator
SOPA/PIPA Global Protest Today!!!
(118 posts, started )
What's really pissing me off is that America thinks they got the power to rule over other countries rule's. God damnit, it will be violating against a LOT of laws in the various countries, aswell as in FN laws.

If this get's a "GO", America will have a big problem towards the rest of the world, if so - **** America.

Edit: Yes I am mad, ****ing mad and tired of the shit America lawsystem does and thinks.
-
(edge3147) DELETED by edge3147 : Cheese
#27 - Jakg
Quote from edge3147 :Why don't you get on your S2 account and say something, demo driver. I removed our link.

Quote from edge3147 :U seem mad? Sandy vag?

Wow you really are out to make everyone like you.
Quote from edge3147 :
This is not offtopic when it pertains to the entire internet, including online games such as this one....

Disappointed at the moving of this thread.

Is the discussion related to LFS, or something different?

If it's not about LFS (which no law is...) Off Topic is the place for it...
Quote from edge3147 :Time for some new Forums Mods IMHO

Because the current ones don't agree with you?

Quote from BlueFlame :It's basically americans whining that they can't pirate other peoples software.

and they keep trying to get europeans involved by maintaining other countries will follow America's suit. LOL

It's nothing like that, at all.
Quote from Jakg :Wow you really are out to make everyone like you.
Is the discussion related to LFS, or something different?

If it's not about LFS (which no law is...) Off Topic is the place for it...
Because the current ones don't agree with you?

It's nothing like that, at all.

I said my bad. just felt this deserved more tho, not like its a trash thread.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's basically americans whining that they can't pirate other peoples software.

and they keep trying to get europeans involved by maintaining other countries will follow America's suit. LOL

Wow you're not smart at all.
Quote from edge3147 :I said my bad. just felt this deserved more tho, not like its a trash thread.

I agree, it's a topic up for discussion, sadly most topics these days gets ruined by some stupid arguing, often between the same users.

Instead of the pointless flamewar people could take 1 minute to read up and understand what this is all about, and then have a discussion around it where the various pros and cons are discussed.
Quote from The Very End :I agree, it's a topic up for discussion, sadly most topics these days gets ruined by some stupid arguing, often between the same users.

Instead of the pointless flamewar people could take 1 minute to read up and understand what this is all about, and then have a discussion around it where the various pros and cons are discussed.

Exactly. But blaming all americans for the stupidty of our government is wrong.
Quote from edge3147 :Exactly. But blaming all americans for the stupidty of our government is wrong.

That I agree on, it was wrong taking all under the same blame-post, for that I am sorry .

What I should have said was the American law system, which is so.. I have no words for it, it's just wrong. It's completely based and controlled around the wrong ideals and thoughts. While I would understand if this law was to protect the small companies, it does the oposit - the big ones gets vaste amount of power while the small ones get ass-raped and murdered by the very same system that should try to protect them. It's a law that tries to cencor and "own" the internet (the internet was once stated to be free, without restrictions and boundries from corporations and governments).

But again, the movie/music industry, specially in America (sorry but that's true), is so bullshit that it knows no limits.
There needs to be a global change on sooo many levels. It's not america's fault alone.
But why is it allways the same corporations, mainly from America, who wants to get these insane new laws approved? Why do they think that their laws should matter more than other countries laws?
Why should someone own internet?
One reason: money
True! But in todays society on internet, there are so many ways earning money on a fair way. There are allways people who abuse and misuses the system, but do not punish everyone because of that.
It's like punishing everyone in a country because some thief stole an treassure. It's the system that needs to evolve, adapt, find sollutions that works both for the users and the system.

Problem is that "the system" thinks restrictions, limitations and laws will make the profit larger, but in the end there is no more money to be gained as people adapt to the changes the system does. The biggest loser here is the system that does not seem to understand that they canot win the war by going hard on the every-day-Joe. I do wonder how many billions the system have used on discussion/trying out new laws and limitations...
Most people think it's some 'greater evil' at the end of the day, it's piracy that has brought people to protest. If piracy wasn't so active as it was, wouldn't be a problem. And I don't expect a Latvian (who probably has pirated 99% of the games on his hdd) and a Norfolk lad (who probably has the size of my HDD doubled in movie data) to understand.

America only care because it's THEM, do they protest every day because China have THEIR internet and infact, whole COUNTRY under censorship? NO, would they care if this legislation was a problem for the EU and not them?

Of course not.

In fact, the reason they want censorship is so their population can't learn about how bad the American situation is, and how much worse it will get in the future. Got nothing to do with piracy at all.
Quote from BlueFlame :Most people think it's some 'greater evil' at the end of the day, it's piracy that has brought people to protest. If piracy wasn't so active as it was, wouldn't be a problem.

Quote :In fact, the reason they want censorship is so their population can't learn about how bad the American situation is, and how much worse it will get in the future. Got nothing to do with piracy at all.

The reason why I am not agreeing on this is because it will also affect me. The law will give "the system" rights to cencor and block things from places like Google, Youtube, Twitter, Wikipedia and such, it's very nature is to controll and create limits, not only for American but also people outside America.

For me it's not just the pirate thing, it's about so much more. If this gets approved internett will one day be a shitfest, controlled by "the system".

And no, I do not have an impressive movie collection either ;/
Need to fix the system or get a new one. Ron Paul is a good person for americans need more ppl like him globally
I think the system can be fixed, but it will need some fresh blood and new thinking. Creativity and cleverness will weight more than an all-out war against the every-day-users.
Imho the whole idea of a system of laws is flawed, laws cannot cover every possible situation so more and more laws have to be made in an effort to keep up. This is the same situation, the internet already is heavily censored at the ISP and DNS level, this move makes censorship far easier. The current way around this is tunneling to a remote host in a country with lighter restrictions (very popular in Iran) which costs money if you want a decent connection. I'm always inclined to ask where the money is with laws, regulations etc, I'm guessing here its content. You want news from abroad, buy a license. Over 18's content? buy a license etc etc.

Either ways, this is bad juju. No one has a right to police the internet, hopefully municipal wireless networks can grow enough to take control away from ISP's and their governing bodies.
#43 - pipa
I will survive...
Quote from BlueFlame :And I don't expect a Latvian (who probably has pirated 99% of the games on his hdd) [...] to understand.

You're wrong, just like you always are. Keep being wrong.
#45 - pipa
Quote from BlueFlame :(who probably has pirated 99% of the games on his hdd)

Nice guessing there, but actually this whole forum could potentially be affected, since all skinners use logos and pictures that could be copyright procted by either the buisness or the photographer/designer.

The traditional form of copyright doesn't really work well with the Internet imo. It would be a better approach to revise the whole system, but the copyright lobby would rather kill the internet and imprison their users before they actually start to see the potential of it and use it properly.
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
Copyright law still has to exist in some form though. I've seen people elsewhere say that copyright law should be completely scrapped and it should be a free-for-all, but that's not a concept I can get behind.

EDIT: BTW, some of the co-sponsors of SOPA and Protect IP are pulling their names out. It appears the blackout is actually causing some positive effect.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Copyright law still has to exist in some form though.

You're in USA yet you've never heard of DMCA which works perfectly fine (for now)?
why do you assume I've never heard of DMCA?

I was just saying that I have seen people elsewhere on the internet using this as an excuse to advocate for completely scrapping copyright law altogether, and I don't think that's the point people should be getting from all of this.
BOMB AMERICA

win.
I was attepting to go on radicals page a moment ago...but i guess not today

SOPA/PIPA Global Protest Today!!!
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG