The online racing simulator
SOPA/PIPA Global Protest Today!!!
(118 posts, started )
SOPA and PIPA are badly drafted legislation that won't be effective at their stated goal (to stop copyright infringement), and will cause serious damage to the free and open Internet. They put the burden on website owners to police user-contributed material and call for the unnecessary blocking of entire sites. Small sites won't have sufficient resources to defend themselves. Big media companies may seek to cut off funding sources for their foreign competitors, even if copyright isn't being infringed. Foreign sites will be blacklisted, which means they won't show up in major search engines. And, SOPA and PIPA build a framework for future restrictions and suppression.

Please show your support by visiting this site and sign the petition!

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
It's not like anyone visits your site anyways. No need to badvertise it with regards to current events.
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : misread
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's not like anyone visits your site anyways. No need to badvertise it with regards to current events.

Why don't you get on your S2 account and say something, demo driver. I removed our link.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's not like anyone visits your site anyways. No need to badvertise it with regards to current events.

wow, i didnt know he owns google

Quote from edge3147 :Why don't you get on your S2 account and say something, demo driver.

oh if you would only know
How is this related to the simulator? Please go somewhere else with your bull****.
Copyright ... you were warned oh the 'poor' artists they said...'how can an artist survive without extensive copyright law'....???

ffs this is what u get for being an idiot and not seeing the bigger picture of what was happening.
Quote from breadfan :How is this related to the simulator? Please go somewhere else with your bull****.

Grow up some first, do some research, put your big boy pants and on join the conversation.

This is for people that have a give a damn about something other than their own life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Nv8fJM&feature=colike

And this should be moved to offtopic.

Lets just say that someone in this forum has a avatar that he has no rights to, and the whole forum gets taken down.
I think this thread should be sticky, just first post edited with more info, since this is a big issue that affects all of us, including the devs.
Moving the topic to Offtopic where it is at the bottom of the page is not showing very dedicated support to getting this message out.........

This is not offtopic when it pertains to the entire internet, including online games such as this one....

Disappointed at the moving of this thread.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Nv8fJM&feature=colike

And this should be moved to offtopic.

Lets just say that someone in this forum has a avatar that he has no rights to, and the whole forum gets taken down.
I think this thread should be sticky, just first post edited with more info, since this is a big issue that affects all of us, including the devs.

It was fine up in General Discussion, now that is in offtopic and at the bottom of the forums list, nobody gives a damn about this.
That man deserves to be shot who is trying to release SOPA...ffs, censorship is getting out of hands. Soviet union(world), here we come again...
Quote from edge3147 :This topic which imo is very relevant to LFS and the community has been moved to offtopic, yet we allow trash like

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77794
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77796

To stay in the general discussion area. Time for some new Forums Mods IMHO

To the first mentioned thread: if you read the last post, you would know that Victor had already stated that the thread is not a general LFS discussion, so it got locked.

And to the second one. Why do you think that should be moved to Off-topic section then? Probably to the LFS Beginners forum, but why Off-topic? It is a discussion about helping a guy learn to drive in LFS, therefore LFS discussion.

This thread is a general, global internet problem discussion, not related to LFS simulator itself.
Quote from nikopdr :wow, i didnt know he owns google

Note the Last edited by edge3147; Today at 17:14., 5 minutes after my message. There was link to his team's bs site.
Quote from edge3147 :It was fine up in General Discussion, now that is in offtopic and at the bottom of the forums list, nobody gives a damn about this.

Ahem...offtopic is most visited section of the forums...
Quote from edge3147 :It was fine up in General Discussion

No, it wasn't; its LFS General Discussion, not anything else. Out of the two threads you pointed out the first is closed (yes, it can be moved to off-topic, but whats the point since its already closed?) and the second is about LFS - its about the user's hotlap/driving.

As stated this should be in Off Topic section. It wont be a at the bottom of the off topic page if it was active. And if you use "new posts" feature like others this'll show up on top as long as its active...
If this rule gets approved, it will be a big step towards cencorship of the internet. It's completely bullshit, and I hope it gets stopped.
Holy **** just saw the list of the pages that will be shut down, there will be no more internet left after that ffs!

even wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Edit*Oh it's only for 24h, silly me
Nightfly, those sites are shut down only for today, to protest against it.(Right now anyways)
But watch the video I posted.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Nightfly, those sites are shut down only for today, to protest against it.(Right now anyways)
But watch the video I posted.

Yeah, I already noticed it and edited my post. Should stop rushing into conclusions.
Just press ESC before wikipedia loads the blackout message, you can still use it.
Quote from Flame CZE :To the first mentioned thread: if you read the last post, you would know that Victor had already stated that the thread is not a general LFS discussion, so it got locked.

And to the second one. Why do you think that should be moved to Off-topic section then? Probably to the LFS Beginners forum, but why Off-topic? It is a discussion about helping a guy learn to drive in LFS, therefore LFS discussion.

This thread is a general, global internet problem discussion, not related to LFS simulator itself.

Touche, my bad.
It's basically americans whining that they can't pirate other peoples software.

and they keep trying to get europeans involved by maintaining other countries will follow America's suit. LOL

(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG