4 123 Yuusei 991 steven_martin 23 Fast Jarda 93 zyxel
5 38 JayEyeBee 96 Eclipsed 27 senninha25 48 greg_slideways
6 155 sasha-55 95 kristi 34 przemek21061995 50 cawwa
7 828 jason_lfs 44 sjoblom 31 yuri laszlo

Stream is Live!
Btw...

Quote :2011/2010 NDR Winter Event: Kyoto 150 Race Discussion

Back in time?
Sorry Rony for at the end, all I have to say is wreckfest.
Had an acceptable race and good fun, sorry for some squeezes and pushes, but mostly for my lags, one happened right at restart, so i rather went on apron than cause mayhem. Got some damage on right wheels, so i was drifting all over the place and couldn't bump as i wanted...

Thanks to all.
Pretty nice race once the cautions stopped coming. My first race helping out NDR, and I must say they have their things in line, and it certainly shows .

Thanks for the great event, and gratz to the top 5
THANX NDR for a FUN and GREAT event
These NASCAR events are the the most FUN events on LFS at the moment

Since I'm a NASCAR Rookie with rookie stripes on my rear bumper (car #44), main approach was to stay out of trouble, succeeded fairly good I think! I can recall one mistake when I after a restart(?) missed a car on my right side and had a slight contact. Sorry for that whoever it was, but I recall I was the one suffering the most from it

Special thanks to my 2 faithful pushers, #23 J.Dohnalík and #991 S. Martin. When car #23 pushed me I didn't feel it, was just amazing, just driving and holding the line as usual ... sorry that I left you behind, but i couldn't connect to you again when you lost me ...

991 took me to place 14 after that, also a great pusher ... don't think we should have made that switch thou on the lap before the last one, since we lost to much momentum on it, and that 3-car train approaching. I fully understand that you wanted to be ahead of me at the checker flag, but I had already planned to let you pass me before the finish

Once again, GREAT and FUN event.
More of this stuff please

What's the link to the streaming replay?
Great race today, despite few mistakes from me. I had some nice bumpdrafting with IRM guys and others (Kronpušs, Sjoblom, Holmberg, Kampars etc.). Top ten was a good position overall, I'm happy.

However, I didn't quite get the incident in lap 24 with arox, we were 4wide and he probably didn't notice that and went to the inside too much and I didn't have much room to go. But no problem, that's racing.

Edit: Really sorry for 48 Thielsen on lap 49, I was looking on the other side and didn't notice that I don't go straight and went into you, sorry again :/
I had unexpected right side damage at the end of the race (being pinched I guess) and it prevented me from taking turn 3 without drifting and I just lost too much speed to keep up with anyone. The racing was fun though, wish these cars could draft a bit better but not all too bad.

Thanks Isaac for waiting up for me the one time, too bad my car was already damaged then so I kept failing.

And grats to top 3, finally Robin got his win after timing out of the 250 last year in the lead.
I feel a bit gutted.
In one side, I'm glad I didn't cause too much trouble for anyone else, maybe apart from holding up Bjornson at Turn 3; and I managed to avoid all the wrecks with little damage, but while trying to do that, I balls'd up the downshifts and gave myself some nice engine damage...twice. Which explains how I couldn't even keep up with Rony after he got past me with 2 laps to go.

It could have been a lot better than 23rd but I'm still glad I finished.
Great race for me after a long time. 10th place is better, than I expected. But I have to say, that I made a lot of mistakes. Probably I caused 1st yellow flag (Sorry to M.Merliuto) and crash in lap 62 were caused by me.
I would like to thank M.Sjoblom for great bumpdrafting, but we were very lucky, because there weren't any lags.

And of course thank to organizers and all drivers

No more double file restarts
Was really fun, towards the end we were going 4 wide into turn 1 off the restart, so much fun. I can't wait for the 250.
Really fun race, lots of action, managed not to cause any yellows on my own, very nice.

One thing I would like to suggest for future oval events is allowing (or even enforcing) people to use the dreaded follow cam. The two in-car cameras are terrible for close oval racing because they leave us clueless as to what's going on around us and, unlike real drivers, we don't have spotters telling us whether to go high or low.

Using the follow cam improves spatial awareness significantly, allowing drivers to choose a line more confidently and safely. It is also better for drafting and, specifically, bump-drafting, which the in-car cameras aren't very suited for, leading drivers to involuntarily bump each other mid-turn because the camera perspectives leads them to believe they're a safe distance from the car ahead.

The only downturn of the follow cam is that it doesn't allow us to see who's directly behind us, but that is made redundant in oval racing, given that we can pretty much count on having someone snuck up our rear wings all the time.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Really fun race, lots of action, managed not to cause any yellows on my own, very nice.

One thing I would like to suggest for future oval events is allowing (or even enforcing) people to use the dreaded follow cam. The two in-car cameras are terrible for close oval racing because they leave us clueless as to what's going on around us and, unlike real drivers, we don't have spotters telling us whether to go high or low.

Using the follow cam significantly improves spatial awareness, allowing drivers to chose a line more confidently and safely. It is also better for drafting and, specifically, bump-drafting, which the in-car cameras aren't very suited for, leading drivers to involuntarily bump each other mid-turn because the camera perspectives leads them to believe they're a safe distance from the car ahead.

The only downturn of the follow cam is that it doesn't allow us to see who's directly behind us, but that is made redundant in oval racing, given that we can pretty much count on having someone snuck up rear wings all the time.

Inb4 deko rant about how ridiculous he thinks that is

The other bad thing about follow view is that you can't see the front of the car, which can sometimes cause issues with close racing.
Quote from J@tko :The other bad thing about follow view is that you can't see the front of the car, which can sometimes cause issues with close racing.

That's not right at all. I've probably had more close fights than most of the other racers out there and I can tell you that this is certainly not true.. How clean a fight is depends only on the intelligence and awareness of a driver - no matter whether in-car view or follow view.
Quote from J@tko :Inb4 deko rant about how ridiculous he thinks that is

The other bad thing about follow view is that you can't see the front of the car, which can sometimes cause issues with close racing.

But you can't see the front of the car in the in car views either.
Or just switch between views depending on the situtation
At one time I beleive that "in car" or "custom" was required by NDR.

Custom would allow for a view coming from behind the car which could include the front of the car being in sight.
#21 - CSF
It still is.
Rules were relaxed as this was a fun event, as far as I know.

Anyhow, not a lot of other sims offer anything other than cockpit view except in replays...I see no reason why LFS leagues do not use FCV.

2011/2012 NDR Winter Event: Kyoto 150 Race Discussion
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG