The online racing simulator
name copier
(28 posts, started )
name copier
there is someone on lfs with the username odieodie from portugal. he copied the name of SGP (scuderia gp) and deking235's nickname. SGP•Speed[G25]. he only made it to [G27]

where can i report this smarty who thinks he can get away with this. btw i got a replay.
I don't think you can report it anywehere. There are no rules agains that. It isn't a good behaviour but I'm afraid you cannot do anything about it.
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't think you can report it anywehere. There are no rules agains that. It isn't a good behaviour but I'm afraid you cannot do anything about it.

its illigal to copy the identity of someone. so i can report it always
#4 - Hahmo
It's only an ingame-name. It's not stealing identity..
#5 - Bean0
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :its illigal to copy the identity of someone. so i can report it always

It's just an in-game nickname, not your identity.

Think of how many 'Ken Block' drivers we have probably had over the years.
All had unique LFS accounts, but chose to use the same in-game nick.
Quote from Bean0 :It's just an in-game nickname, not your identity.

Think of how many 'Ken Block' drivers we have probably had over the years.
All had unique LFS accounts, but chose to use the same in-game nick.

dont forget all the stigs we´ve had.
Quote from Hahmo :It's only an ingame-name. It's not stealing identity..

he said in that game that he was speed and that he was the member of sgp, so its identity stealing
#8 - Hahmo
That's trolling..
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :he said in that game that he was speed and that he was the member of sgp, so its identity stealing

Lol did he say he also had the same national insurance number?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lol did he say he also had the same national insurance number?

we didnt ask him
Allthough this name copy-ing (whatever it's actually written) is disrespectful,trolling etc.,you can't actually do something else as ban from your own server or ask the server admins to do it,since the only thing you have reserved in LFS is your licence name.
#13 - th84
Consider it a compliment and move on.
Quote from th84 :Consider it a compliment and move on.

Sillence you asshat, you have clearly smoked your socks again and are delusional.
(wow, just had to google that word 23 times before writing it right).

Point here however is, since it's just a nick, and not a identity theft or anything like that, you canot report it as abuse. Best way would be to talk to the person and ask if he can stop beeing an ass.
-
(th84) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(th84) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(rockclan) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
-
(hyntty) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
Enough off-topic guys :sadbanana
The one problem with stealing someone's nick is that you cannot connect to a server with your own nick if that person is already connected...
Quote from Jettascuba :The one problem with stealing someone's nick is that you cannot connect to a server with your own nick if that person is already connected...

Seems strange have never had that problem before. I think people should be able to have the same nicks and join the same servers. Having identically lisence name is impossible.
Quote from The Very End :Seems strange have never had that problem before. I think people should be able to have the same nicks and join the same servers. Having identically lisence name is impossible.

Yes, but what if someone wants to write the guy with the same nickname as another one?
Press Ctrl+Shift
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, but what if someone wants to write the guy with the same nickname as another one?

Just one way to find out 'eh? =)
Someone care to test out the theory? I am kind of in a drink/wank situation here 'ya see ;/
Quote from The Very End :I think people should be able to have the same nicks and join the same servers. Having identically lisence name is impossible.

Actually it's other way round - you cannot have 2 people in server with same name,while joining server you will get something like "name already exists or taken" or something like that. But you can have unlimited amount of people with same licence name in server! How? Run a LAN host,where you can join with other LFS instances as much as your PC can handle!
That's strange..never tested or even though about it before, guess we'll learn something new every day
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : nvrmnd
Quote from Eclipsed :Actually it's other way round - you cannot have 2 people in server with same name,while joining server you will get something like "name already exists or taken" or something like that.

Actually you can, well not same names, but you can make them look same in LFS. For example using I instead of l, ... in LFS it looks absolutely the same, also
very common is to use empty character instead of space...

I wonder why this never happens on race servers , only on cruise and drift servers
Ok,I guess,I should use identincal instead of same...

Well,I guess it's because in race servers most people go to race,in others - cruise,slide,pose,talk,troll etc...
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I wonder why this never happens on race servers

Happened to me a couple of times on Cargame.nl, but not because someone "stole" my driver name, but rather because I have quite a common one - "Silver".

SilverServerMarvel sometimes uses the name "Silver" too, so I get kicked upon connecting (or him, if I'm already connected). I think cargame's Airio is configured to reduce safety rating when that happens; maybe to punish the driver for trying to steal the name (not quite sure if its the case), so nowadays I just use a capital i instead of simple L and no one gets kicked...

name copier
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG