The online racing simulator
Suggestion for FBM Demo Servers
There's too much speed advantage with cutting those corners IMHO.
Attached images
barrier1.jpg
barrier2.jpg
Attached files
BL1_Barriered.lyt - 300 B - 92 views
But demo servers can't use layouts
haha, I didn't know that. I guess that's part 2 of my suggestion then.
In that case would be a good suggestion - give demo-ers let's say possibility to put 100 objects,they can have some fun in carpark,but then they notice how cool to make own tracks,but always that lack of objects,maybe a motivation to buy licence,where you can place 800.
Well, I was mainly saying it as a means to the end of stopping corner cutting. That said, I guess you have a point. People who enjoy autocross could be thrown a bone demowise too. Maybe just the option to load layouts rather than edit them.
As a separate question, the demo races are never more than 3 or 4 laps long. Is that also a restriction?
Quote from englishlord :As a separate question, the demo races are never more than 3 or 4 laps long. Is that also a restriction?

no, there is no restriction in race lenght, there can be even 900 laps races as well as 24 hours.

Quote from Eclipsed :In that case would be a good suggestion - give demo-ers let's say possibility to put 100 objects,they can have some fun in carpark,but then they notice how cool to make own tracks,but always that lack of objects,maybe a motivation to buy licence,where you can place 800.

I would really like to see at least something like 20 objects in demo, this will completly change demo racing experience. also open track configuration will be very funny on demo.
cant an S2 user host a demo spec server with limits of the demo cars with a layout on BL ??
Quote from theirishnoob :cant an S2 user host a demo spec server with limits of the demo cars with a layout on BL ??

As long as you place some objects on track, all demo users get kicked from the server.
Quote from Flame CZE :As long as you place some objects on track, all demo users get kicked from the server.

not a bad way to troll them then
Its impossible to cut the last corner on BL1, because its grass and uphill, you doesnt accelerate and lose time...
To avoid cutting both in normal and reverse ways, the kerb should be higher (like Singapore ones), so it would be a "natural" limit to the cars...
Quote from englishlord :Well, I was mainly saying it as a means to the end of stopping corner cutting.

Such "stupid" corner cutting is available on more tracks and cars than just FBM@BL1.

I.e. that last chicane in AS3(or any other track combo using that chicane) people are jumping over those curbs so hard that it would kill you not just destroy your suspenssion in most cases.
Or maybe the infamous FE chicane. Or the Kyoto entry to oval....

If LFS got a better damage model on suspension and also tyres, and everything else, then people would stop cutting corners over these curbs so hard as well, and you don't need any layout objects then.
Putting more obstacles on track than needed is just a hazard, and a mistake by one racer in such situation can cause problems for more than just him self.
This is part of LFS. That chicane has already been changed over the years. Live with it and use it, if you think it makes you faster.
Quote from Kristi :This is part of LFS. That chicane has already been changed over the years. Live with it and use it, if you think it makes you faster.

that chicane is epic ! It is as if you would change Ford chicane at Le Mans...btw for the last turn you are losing time so no argue their ^^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... yiD30&feature=related

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG