The online racing simulator
Quote from Bmxtwins :Ok so does that mean any penalty earned by a driver goes towards that driver? Or the team that driver was competing on? For instance Dennis drove 1 race with us and we received a penalty as a team ( i understand that they are different penalties). But Dalda receives a penalty and moves to another team and his team does not have to take their penalty despite it affecting the race. Unless there are unspoken rules on which penalties can be transfered via driver rather than team.

-
note: just trying to understand, not complaining. (we fully accept our given penalties)

Sorry for OT

Historically, the way it's worked is that time-based or points penalties that are applied during the race or applied to the race result stay with the team on which they were originally applied. Grid penalties (or other penalties to be applied in the future) stay with the driver that earned them. And no, you can't kick someone from your team roster to avoid the penalty. It only transfers if they change team of their own volition.

In short, assume that all penalties stay with the team. It should be a rare case that a grid penalty moves with a driver, because hopefully drivers won't be moving around too much during the season.
Pilote from Hell finished last, so the only penalty that would actually affect them would be a grid or points penalty. Given the driver who caused the start incident was the fastest driver and moved away from the team to start his own team with the hope of getting in through the heat race, it was decided he should bear the penalty as it was unlikely his original team would've got through.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Teemu has it right. What common sense is there in penalizing a new team for a silly move and then allowing them to withdraw and register with a new name just to avoid the penalty? Just take your medicine and go about racing... a 5-place grid penalty isn't really much in a 90-minute race with SCs.

Sadly I don't feel like going racing when there are some rules people don't know about. By registering new team we lost all our points and grid position into qualifying race. Providing we have to get through it to race, we only made our situation worse, having poor position on the q grid and race grid. You call that common sense?
The penalty we got was "-1L penalty and 5-position grid penalty to #25". Well, unless my name is #25, I cannot think of a logical explanation to this transfer. Also, judging this to be likely intentional is a complete joke, I want facts from you, dear marshalls, not suspicions.
The point is Piotr, right now you are just trying to find yourselvs around a penalty by exploiting loop-holes in the rulebook, which in unfair to your competition.
But that's how... laws work.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :The point is Piotr, right now you are just trying to find yourselvs around a penalty by exploiting loop-holes in the rulebook, which in unfair to your competition.

Just like what they do in f1 with the cars aero packages etc
Difference is this case is that they were penalized before they started exploiting it in the rulebook Joe.
Well, they should get a penalty if its the same team with a different name. If you get a penalty, serve it. Don't be half arsed and try and avoid it, u got it for a reason.
I do it only because I don't feel guilty enough to be punished that severly. Otherwise I wouldn't discuss about such matter. Because admins always make their decisions final and unchangeable, I need to look for another way. I refuse to keep my mouth shut about injustice, which I find to be this whole situation, after giving up places on the q grid and making my job harder. I found the loophole and I pointed it out clearly enough. Now it's up to you to either change the rules and play unfair with the drivers or just leave me alone.
Quote from Ziomek21 :The penalty we got was "-1L penalty and 5-position grid penalty to #25". Well, unless my name is #25, I cannot think of a logical explanation to this transfer. Also, judging this to be likely intentional is a complete joke, I want facts from you, dear marshalls, not suspicions.

By "intentional" we were referring to the decision to drive onto the grass, not the consequences that followed. We don't think you wrecked anyone on purpose. We simply think you made a very bad decision given the circumstances.

As for writing "#25" instead of "Piotr Goik," our apologies for the lack of specificity. Had we known you were going to withdraw and re-register a new team in an attempt to avoid the penalty we would have been more specific.

This case is closed.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You can just reactivate #25 if you'd like, since it's the same lineup. The 5-spot grid penalty will be transferred to #27 if not.

Removing all theses posts where you have been proven wrong, admins, is a move of a desperate men. Team #27 can not be legaly penalized unless there is a change of the rules and frankly I can't really see how you would regulate this in the rules anyway. So it seams like the time has come for you to take your medicine and go with it. Unless you change the rules before the race (and changing rules mid season will certainly be offensive for everyone) I want to see confirmation that team #27 is free of any penalty as any new team should be, since it has no past. Besides our line up is not the same as #25 was.
Which removed posts are you talking about? (Because I don't see any.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Which removed posts are you talking about? (Because I don't see any.)

Oh I see, it's moved to another thread, my apologies.

Anyway,
Quote from DeadWolfBones :As for writing "#25" instead of "Piotr Goik," our apologies for the lack of specificity. Had we known you were going to withdraw and re-register a new team in an attempt to avoid the penalty we would have been more specific.

can you back up this decision with rule quote?
Admin discretion. Mr. Goik earned the penalty and he'll receive it. That's the end of the argument as far as we're concerned.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Admin discretion. Mr. Goik earned the penalty and he'll receive it. That's the end of the argument as far as we're concerned.

Oh I understand, you've changed the original decision with penalty to award it to Mr. Goik instead of South of Heaven. Would this mean that South of Heaven can start the Round 3 without grid penalty if Mr. Goik is not in the line up for that round?
I'm not sure if Jack Basford or Paul Chapman could even sustain this argument, so well done on that front. Though I am half expecting Jack to come into this thread at some point saying we're victimising My3id...

The penalty was given to you for a reason, if you have a problem with the penalty then please put forward your reasoning as to why you were harshly penalised, I'd love to hear them, and I'm sure all of your fellow competitors would as well.

You should also explain to the other teams out there, a) why you think that ruining other teams races is ok and shouldn't be punished and b) why you think that you should get out of the grid penalty by changing your team name.
Quote from N I K I :Oh I understand, you've changed the original decision with penalty to award it to Mr. Goik instead of South of Heaven. Would this mean that South of Heaven can start the Round 3 without grid penalty if Mr. Goik is not in the line up for that round?

Fact is, you "renamed" your team, you didn't even technically create a new one. Your drivers still followed, your list of managers, and your penalties will as well. Argue the rulebook all you want, but you might want to ask your teammate Benji why he didn't initially put that rule into IGTC, as this rulebook is a nit-pick of it.

You crying about a 5-place grid penalty, and pulling the "don't hate the player, hate the game" card has me in a good mood for the day, thanks.

Don't blame the league for your team-mate's actions, just simply blame him.

Bye bye now.
I just want my question answered.
Quote :I understand, you've changed the original decision with penalty to award it to Mr. Goik instead of South of Heaven. Would this mean that South of Heaven can start the Round 3 without grid penalty if Mr. Goik is not in the line up for that round?

Obviously you guys are loosing yourself in all the decision changing and rules not really backing it up. I would still like to hear your answer to previous question even though neither Piotr or myself can not attend Round 3 due to private obligations.

Just to clear the things out, I'd like to know if car #25 South of Heaven does not race in the next round (Round 3), are you going to transfer the grid penalty to round 4 if the penalty stays with #25?
Already answered it.
Quote from N I K I :Just to clear the things out, I'd like to know if car #25 South of Heaven does not race in the next round (Round 3), are you going to transfer the grid penalty to round 4 if the penalty stays with #25?

Grid penalties always transfer to the next race in which the car/driver in question actually competes.
Quote from N I K I :Pardon me, but where?

I will just put it all together, here goes:

You have been changing your tune, so it's been hard to know where you stand, and what the correct course of action should be.

We gave a grid penalty to the #25 South of Heaven team, for the next race they attend - so yes, if you miss a round then it will be applied when #25 return.

However, we don't want people creating new teams just to get out of penalties. Therefore, if you create another team with the same drivers to avoid the penalty, then you'll get it anyway. If you create another team with the same drivers but then remove the #25 drivers, then clearly that would be a separate team. However, if you then come back to the new team at the next round, you'll get the penalty. Sorry but you won't escape the grid penalty.
Quote from N I K I :Oh I understand, you've changed the original decision with penalty to award it to Mr. Goik instead of South of Heaven. Would this mean that South of Heaven can start the Round 3 without grid penalty if Mr. Goik is not in the line up for that round?

Just trying to summarise what admin has said in the last few pages: Sorry if I misinterpreted anything

1. Yes, this question has been answered in the previous page. If the 72 Pilote from Hell case is a reference, then yes, 25 SOH won't have penalty if Mr. Goik left the team, just like 72 PfH does n't have penalty since Dalda left, BUT

2. Also answered by the admins is the fact that point #1 above holds good only if the driver leaves the team on his own accord. You can't kick a driver just to avoid penalty. Otherwise teams would be kicking/swapping drvers to avoid penalty.

Pardon me if I sound nosy, but it seems to me that the only reason for deleting 25 and creating 27 is just so because you can circumvent the penalty. Also, hoping that you are already aware that 72 PfH's grid penalty was moved along with Dalda in Round 1 to the newly created 80 TRD, it is only consistent and fair that the grid penalty for 25 SOH is moved along the driver Goik to the newly created 27. Hence the case of 25 vs 27 is not unprecedented. The ruling is as expected and there is no surprise element IMHO.

Again apologies if I sound nosy in your team matters, but had to clarify this.
Quote from rageshgr :Just trying to summarise what admin has said in the last few pages:

1. Yes, this question has been answered in the previous page. If the 72 Pilote from Hell case is a reference, then yes, 25 SOH won't have penalty if Mr. Goik left the team, just like 72 PfH does n't have penalty since Dalda left

2. Also answered by the admins is the fact that point #1 above holds good only if the driver leaves the team on his own accord. You can't kick a driver just to avoid penalty. Otherwise teams would be kicking/swapping drvers to avoid penalty.

Pardon me if I sound nosy, but it seems to me that the only reason for deleting 25 and creating 27 is just so because you can circumvent the penalty. Also, hoping that you are already aware that 72 PfH's grid penalty was moved along with Dalda in Round 1 to the newly created 80 TRD, it is only consistent and fair that the grid penalty for 25 SOH is moved along the driver Goik to the newly created 27. Hence the case of 25 vs 27 is not unprecedented. The ruling is as expected and there is no surprise elemt IMHO.

Again apologies if I sound nosy in your team matters, but had to clarify this.

Thanks for making it short and sweet! Hopefully all that mess will make people think twice about trying to escape penalties!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG