The online racing simulator
How to make setups for speed/endurance?
Hi,

What are the parameters you should change between a fast setup and an endurance setup? Some factors may depend on the car. For example in one race I got an RB4 quali setup and he told me he uses the same set for race, only change is he moved more torque to rear, so that front wheels do not overheat in race.

Are there any general principles/parameters which are characteristically different between speed and endurance setups?

Also is it possible to easily convert a speed setup to an endurance one and vice verse or should it again go through from-the-scratch trial and error?
#2 - Puhba
I only read half of this before going "BWWAHAHAAHA"
An endurance should always have harder damping, and stronger shocks, along with longer gear ratios. A speed setup needs to be lower to the ground, with soft damping, and tires leaning depending on oval or not.
Cool, thanks I thought in similar ways about the camber too. Btw why "BWAHAHAHAHA"? is it because my post is too long?
#4 - Puhba
Quote from rageshgr :Cool, thanks I thought in similar ways about the camber too. Btw why "BWAHAHAHAHA"? is it because my post is too long?

No im just attempting to troll....
#5 - Sobis
Quote from rageshgr :For example in one race I got an RB4 quali setup and he told me he uses the same set for race, only change is he moved more torque to rear, so that front wheels do not overheat in race.

I'm the one that gave you that setup. That torque movement gave me about 7 more laps if I remmember correctly, but those damn front tyres still got to ~105°C and even 20% (original was 49% and lasted up to 2-3,5 laps) front torque split didn't remove the understeer.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Sobis :I'm the one that gave you that setup. That torque movement gave me about 7 more laps if I remmember correctly, but those damn front tyres still got to ~105°C and even 20% (original was 49% and lasted up to 2-3,5 laps) front torque split didn't remove the understeer.

That'll be because by doing that you're only "saving" the tyres when you're on the throttle. They'll still wear/heat up the same via steering.
Quote from J@tko :That'll be because by doing that you're only "saving" the tyres when you're on the throttle. They'll still wear/heat up the same via steering.

I guess that's why for example at the SuperGT Blackwood race, the FXR had to use R3's in the front and R2's at the back. I guess traction plays a part on tyre wear as well, since both cars are AWD and all.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Senninha25 :I guess that's why for example at the SuperGT Blackwood race, the FXR had to use R3's in the front and R2's at the back. I guess traction plays a part on tyre wear as well, since both cars are AWD and all.

Yep - and it's front engined so there's more mass over the front wheels. At somewhere like Westhill GT500 FXRs will probably need R4s on the front.
Quote from Sobis :I'm the one that gave you that setup. That torque movement gave me about 7 more laps if I remmember correctly, but those damn front tyres still got to ~105°C and even 20% (original was 49% and lasted up to 2-3,5 laps) front torque split didn't remove the understeer.

oh yes, thanks, that was a brilliant idea dude. In my case 20% was a bit over steery, so i made it 30% Probably coz of that and esp my driving style+KB, it overheated a bit, and I made 2-3 pit stops Still your set was better than the sets I had with me
Quote from J@tko :That'll be because by doing that you're only "saving" the tyres when you're on the throttle. They'll still wear/heat up the same via steering.

You are right, we can only reduce one component (torque) of tire wear by moving torque backwards. We can't do anything abt steering tire wear. But the tire-wear due to steering is present RWD as well. So that component is constant. But that said the maximum rear torque possible in LFS in AWD is 95%, so anyways 5% torque will be present in Front, so I guess AWD will always heat up its front more. But then again AWD wont kick its tail out, so rear tire wear will be a bit less than RWD. Especially in my case, I use KB and I am no expert in RWD, so my RWD cars become red hot in the rear after 2 laps LOL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG