The online racing simulator
There's an option in Options somewhere to show images. Can't remember where it is.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Pikey just means you're a bit tight fisted, nobody really uses it to cause offense where I'm from. It's all about intent, if the intention is to be funny then I don't see the problem.

Can you explain me what is Pikey anyway?

Here, Gypsies are ethnical, mostly not respected (for a reason), when settled in bigger groups sometimes they integrate.
I know Irish gypsies only as Mickey from Snatch...
@jibber
Have you ever met a Romany Gypsy? (I already know the answer) No. Ok then you can't comment.

I've spoken to countless people in the UK and outside of it. The common hate of all honest working people in Europe is gypsies. You can be as liberal as you want but they are hated for a very good reason. When you live, and put up with their shit on a day-to-day basis, let me know, I promise I won't say "I told ya so."
Quote from Intrepid :Funny that, people said exactly the same about black people in the 50s/60s/70s.

So you think Gypsies are gonna make a break in society and become succesful? Jesus, go to a (don't wanna offend you now) travellers nest of filth and ask them for a pint of milk. Make sure they see your phone and wallet in the process. You'll come away will less than you went in with physically, but you'll be alot less stupid when you come out.

Being non-judgemental works, unless you're a neo-liberal constantly out to prove everyone is equal.

Gypsies may-well be equal, they still haven't proven, TO THE WORLD. That they can be. They are their own problem... The people who get arsey about the term pikey aren't even gypsies, they are super-nanny PC Do-goody, like yourself.

The old-skool gypsy probably fed of the land and were honest people in themselves, and keeping to themselves. But the gypsies of today are thieves and petty criminals.

It's as simple as this : Anyone who has never encountered gypsies, doesn't have the right to an opinion on the matter. Which ironically, includes all the people that defend gypsies...

It's like commenting on how badly the new Ford Focus handles when you've never ****in driven one.
Quote from BlueFlame :Have you ever met a Romany Gypsy? (I already know the answer) No. Ok then you can't comment.

I've seen only Romanian gypsies, or Polish, or Slovakian, Hungarian. It is a ethnic minority
But I am asking about Irish becaue as I know they are not ethnical minority

Just wanting to know if I associate correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZN75BM7LU
Quote from AndRand :I've seen only Romanian gypsies, or Polish, or Slovakian, Hungarian. It is a ethnic minority
But I am asking about Irish becaue as I know they are not ethnical minority

Just wanting to know if I associate correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZN75BM7LU

Sorry, it was directed at jibber.
Quote from BlueFlame :unless you're a neo-liberal constantly out to prove everyone is equal.

Neoliberalism is a political philosophy that places an emphasis of free markets and private enterprise over public service, the 'Big society' idea that Dave Cameron and his mates are pushing is a prime example of Neoliberalism. If anything it promotes inequality rather than trying to prove or enforce it (in a free market, some people will inevitably make more money than others). People aren't going to take you seriously if you keep dropping clangers like that.

I think the Dale farm issue should've been dealt on an individual basis, I'm sure there are residents there who are total crooks exploiting gypsy culture to justify their own criminal ways, and I'm sure there were residents who were decent people but almost peniless and now have no home with little hope of getting one. Of course it takes too much time and effort for the local powers that be or the media to handle the situation this way, (and it doesn't sell papers either, or win the votes of slack jawed far right idiots, of which there are many in that corner of South Essex). As such, all gypsies will continue to be tarred with the same brush and the Dale farm issue or any subsequent dispute over a gypsy settlement will never be brought to a peaceful or fair close for any of the involved parties. Shit world we live in, isn't it?
Quote from BlueFlame :@jibber
Have you ever met a Romany Gypsy? (I already know the answer) No. Ok then you can't comment.

Yes i have, and the experience would support your views... but that doesn't change my opinion about people... every person deserves a chance, no matter what group or race they belong to. There's good people everywhere, even if they belong to a group where the majority are ****s.

You put an entire race into the same category. People who do something like this are very closed minded and support stereotypes in my opinion. I've seen far too many posts like this from you to still be surprised about it anyway...
Quote from jibber :Yes i have, and the experience would support your views... but that doesn't change my opinion about people... every person deserves a chance, no matter what group or race they belong to. There's good people everywhere, even if they belong to a group where the majority are ****s.

You put an entire race into the same category. People who do something like this are very closed minded and support stereotypes in my opinion. I've seen far too many posts like this from you to still be surprised about it anyway...

You're just leaving yourself open to disappointment, and a missing wallet. The world is shit, if you leave your guard down ; Politically, you get bombed, personally you lose money.
Quote from BlueFlame :You're just leaving yourself open to disappointment, and a missing wallet. The world is shit, if you leave your guard down ; Politically, you get bombed, personally you lose money.

And if everybody would think like that, the world would be even more shit. It's ok to be a stuck up pessimistic guy, but don't get upset when somebody doesn't share your views on how to look at life and the world. Have fun in your negative world, i'll stay over here on the sunny side.
Quote from jibber :And if everybody would think like that, the world would be even more shit. It's ok to be a stuck up pessimistic guy, but don't get upset when somebody doesn't share your views on how to look at life and the world. Have fun in your negative world, i'll stay over here on the sunny side.

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist, and a purist. I don't live life in a fantasy world where everybody holds hands.

Eitherway, I'm not upset you don't share my views, I'm arguing with you for your own sake. You're probably an honest person, I wouldn't wanna see you get robbed or killed, but being non-judgemental will lead to this.

Anyway, on with the funnies. If there's one person we can blame for this in the funnies thread, it's intrepid.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist, and a purist. I don't live life in a fantasy world where everybody holds hands.

Eitherway, I'm not upset you don't share my views, I'm arguing with you for your own sake. You're probably an honest person, I wouldn't wanna see you get robbed or killed, but being non-judgemental will lead to this.

Anyway, on with the funnies. If there's one person we can blame for this in the funnies thread, it's intrepid.

We don't need to blame anybody, a little off topic stuff like this has never hurt anybody, if you don't care, scroll on...

I've been walking through various cities at night alone, including places like mexico city, bangkok, budapest, madrid, blabla... in mexico city i blindly walked into a market which is supposedly one of the most dangerous markets in the city, full of drug dealers and criminals (as some local friends told me later that day). I've talked to all kind of strangers from various races in my life, travelers, homeless people, business people/owners, etc... some are good, some are better not to be trusted, if you have a little common sense it's not that hard to figure out if someone is a humble guy or if the person is simply interested to make profit from you / rob you in some way. So far my common sense seems to have worked just fine in this regard. I'm 31 years old and have never been robbed or seriously threatened anywhere in this world where i decided "it's safe to walk and talk here".

I'm not the type of guy who would walk into a dark street with five people waiting for me in sight with guns... to go and see if they are friendly or not... if you know what i mean.

The difference is, i've talked to people even when i already had a feeling they were just interested in my wallet, or wanted some trouble just for the sake of it. As long as i don't feel like the guy is going to beat me up or pull out a knife and rob me, you can actually treat another person with an open mind and with respect.

You can of course also walk through the world not talking to anybody "suspicious" and try avoiding the obviously "dangerous" stuff in your life all together. Or you could try and get out there a little more, get over yourself and all the bad things happening to you every day... and try to smile at somebody instead of looking at them thinking "the next thing you're going to do is kick a football at my child bloody bastard".
Can you guys please go make a topic of shit none gives a **** about instead of poluting this thread?
Quote from Bose321 :Can you guys please go make a topic of shit none gives a **** about instead of poluting this thread?

Cant really understand what you're sayin. Heard of commas?
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG