The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
Quote from Highsider9 :Uhm, not sure if you noticed, but you can lock around using your right Stick.

But you don't have a right stick while using a Fanatec wheel
Quote from Hyperactive :Better than eating gold plated bacon! Very positively impressed. My first impressions are really really good!

Only things needing fixing is the steering and the lack of look left/right buttons.

What wheel settings are you using currently? Also I just recently noticed F3 has a tiny steering deadzone configured for wheels by default, which you should obviously get rid of if that's also the case in F4.
ohmygosh I had a fun yesterday driving the DMC-12. You get one of those dumb little badges for going 88 MPH in it: "Outta Time"

@ Simulation
I sent in a request for the LFS car club but I don't really like how they've handled that part; it would be a lot better if you could search for your club and send the request but whatever. My tag is PorkstarX.

@playapimp
That Benz pic is the best I've seen yet! Makes me want to get back into replica skinning...
Quote from AndroidXP :What wheel settings are you using currently? Also I just recently noticed F3 has a tiny steering deadzone configured for wheels by default, which you should obviously get rid of if that's also the case in F4.

I have fanatec 911 tbo s and i use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKeQVEXW7c

Here are my all settings:
SEN: 700
FF: 20
Sho: 0
ABS: 0
Dri:4
Lin: 0
Dea: 0
Spr: -3
Dpr: -3

The SEN is really strange though. There seems to be 2 modes. One for values under 270 and one for above. For example if you set it to 300 it is super sensitive but at 220 it feels pretty close to same as 700.

I have to say though. For any competitive driving the steering is just crap. I just tried some rivals top gear hotlapping and while the car is fun to drive the steering makes it incredible unpredictable and frustrating. The speed sensitive steering makes the steering lock change so much that for corner exits the steering is a complete guess and feels totally different than on corner exits. Sometimes it is hard to even know if you are understeering or just not turning enough. Which is really as because the rest of the game is so much fun...
There's a Achievement for driving the Cee'd around the Top Gear Track. :dopey:
Made a Fox GTI, based on my own Polo

Attached images
polo.jpg
Is there a LFS club yet?

Also I've made a pretty ownage F class lotus Elan that I want to share between club
Quote from FPVaaron :Is there a LFS club yet?

Also I've made a pretty ownage F class lotus Elan that I want to share between club

yes, serch for the club tag LFS
The name of the club is LiveForSpeed
Finally some official word about the 900 degree bug with the steering:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4875997.aspx

So they are working on it or at least they have acknowledged it publicly now that it exists. Hopefully the fix includes totally turning off that speed sensitive steering although I doubt it is there by design
R-33 GTR a sleeper? I think not...

I tuned that to an S class version, if you add wider tyres, slicks and wings you can push it up to a mid range R3 car with pretty decent handling.
(video coming soon)
Attached images
aygoslow.jpg
I blew 95,000 cr bringing my delorean to A class but I should have just bought a setup for it because it still handles like turd.

I'm having a problem with downloading vinyl sets too, whenever I buy one it seems like everything went fine, but I can't find it anywhere in my vinyl groups. Am I looking in the wrong place? This has happened with 4+ downloaded vinyls.
Quote from Hyperactive :I have fanatec 911 tbo s and i use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKeQVEXW7c

Here are my all settings:
SEN: 700
FF: 20
Sho: 0
ABS: 0
Dri:4
Lin: 0
Dea: 0
Spr: -3
Dpr: -3

The SEN is really strange though. There seems to be 2 modes. One for values under 270 and one for above. For example if you set it to 300 it is super sensitive but at 220 it feels pretty close to same as 700.

I have to say though. For any competitive driving the steering is just crap. I just tried some rivals top gear hotlapping and while the car is fun to drive the steering makes it incredible unpredictable and frustrating. The speed sensitive steering makes the steering lock change so much that for corner exits the steering is a complete guess and feels totally different than on corner exits. Sometimes it is hard to even know if you are understeering or just not turning enough. Which is really as because the rest of the game is so much fun...

I don't have any problem though.

Currently 4th on suzuka Class open time attack and 3rd in LFA - infenion combo.
I've been playing this all weekend. Somewhere past level 30 at the moment.

I have mixed thoughts so far...

The physics seem to be better in this one. Biggest improvement is probably the tyre model. I feel like it would be a lot more realistic now, if only there wasn't this nasty steering aid stuff that can't be turned off.

I can't help it tho... it feels like a polished FM3 with ruined steering.

FM2 felt like a simulation, like i was in control of the cars... FM3 felt a bit arcadey in comparison (welcome to steering aid), FM4 feels even worse in this regard. Which is a shame, because physics have become better and better since FM2. The controls feel like NFS Shift now sometimes (obviously an exaggeration, but yeah)...

My biggest gripe however is that Porsche isn't in the game anymore. I want my 944 turbo!
I'm in the LFS club - gamertag is TheRealChris.
Green machine and a subtle Spyker.
Attached images
prius.jpg
spyker.jpg
brilliant game, still getting used to the steering feel, not as natural as PC sims but still cracking fun Request sent to the lfs club, couple of farmilar names there.
Quote from jibber :I've been playing this all weekend. Somewhere past level 30 at the moment.

I have mixed thoughts so far...

The physics seem to be better in this one. Biggest improvement is probably the tyre model. I feel like it would be a lot more realistic now, if only there wasn't this nasty steering aid stuff that can't be turned off.

I can't help it tho... it feels like a polished FM3 with ruined steering.

FM2 felt like a simulation, like i was in control of the cars... FM3 felt a bit arcadey in comparison (welcome to steering aid), FM4 feels even worse in this regard. Which is a shame, because physics have become better and better since FM2. The controls feel like NFS Shift now sometimes (obviously an exaggeration, but yeah)...

My biggest gripe however is that Porsche isn't in the game anymore. I want my 944 turbo!

Why our game impressions always must be so similar.

I invested 500 euro in fanatec. FFB and steering aids suck! Pad steering ain't good either.

I really do hope they fix it in the next title update.
Got a video out soon about the Aygo, pointing out that it's a completely free 200mph car. If you use it in your first races, you will reach a level of affinity with Toyota where all your parts are free.
Quote from jibber :

Gotta agree, though I don't think the controls are that much worse in FM4 than they were in FM3. They still suck a lot compared to the finesse nearly sim-like controls of FM2, but I got somewhat used to the FM4 assisted controls by using a gamepad.

I'm pretty impressed at the graphics they are pushing out of the ancient xbox hardware though, even if it's only 720p. The reflections and lighting almost compete with GT5! It's just a shame that some of the car models are still FM2 import jobs (R32 GTR still looks hideous) and some of the default car colors are waaaaayy over saturated.

Also, why the hell can't I import the photos I take by using a USB stick? Having to upload them to forza.net is nothing but horribly time consuming waste of bandwidth. Only "reason" I can think for this insanity, is for M$ and T10 to milk money from gold subscriptions.

But all in all, I'm having more fun gamepadding FM4 than I am driving GT5 with a wheel these days. Atleast for a while.
cool game but lfs stays the best game i think XD
Me passing some nub AI's sidewas like a BAWSE
Attached images
ForzaBigshot2.jpg
Just messin around. My starion is in the club garage now, too.
This is my favourite car at the moment, whenever I accelerate I need to change my underwear.

Attached images
myfavcar.jpg
I love my S13's.

Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG