The online racing simulator
Wrc 2
(16 posts, started )
Wrc 2
Has anyone picked this up yet? I've been thinking about it... It's been getting poor reviews and I'm sure it'll be a disappointment, but I so want to have a shiny new rally sim.

I'm intrigued by the career mode type thing, and that it has twice as many stages as RBR does (I haven't had any luck with modded stages, and I absolutely hate the complete lack of in-game integration of addon stages for RBR so I don't bother anymore).
Gameplay videos looked horrible. The graphics are not so bad, but physics are just bad.
I've heard pretty bad opinions about this game.
#4 - majod
did anyone actually play it? or just "heard"
I actually like the game, the stages are nice and long (and aren't as wide as airfields). The career mode is actually interesting and there are no constant "Hey bro that was awesome" kind of sh*t like in DIRT 2-3 (Dirt 1 was actually fine). The physics aren't quite on par with RBR but they're certainly better than DIRT 3, you actually need to use the brakes to slow down the car.

Damage on the other hand is shit, worse than LFS, you can smack your car sideways (or head on) into a tree at 120+km/h and it's fixable in the service within 5 minutes...!?!?!

All in all the game has almost no dealbreaking bugs to speak about, only the occasional collision detection problems (RBR has loads of them). I would say it's worth a shot, it's definitely better than any other rally game released on the PC since RBR (RBR still remains as the best).

But maybe I'm a little biased since there's more than one Estonian driver/co-driver in WRC 2.

Oh and RBR has LOADS of naysayers out there since it's "too difficult".
Quote from Taavi(EST) :The career mode is actually interesting and there are no constant "Hey bro that was awesome" kind of sh*t like in DIRT 2-3 (Dirt 1 was actually fine).

I totaly agree, it was so frustrating to hear that "OMG you won, let's go masturbate!!" in DIRT 3 everytime you won.

Quote from Taavi(EST) :Damage on the other hand is shit, worse than LFS, you can smack your car sideways (or head on) into a tree at 120+km/h and it's fixable in the service within 5 minutes...!?!?!

What!? Are you sure you have "Physical Damage" set to "Heavy" in options? In my opinion damage model is very good. It's cool that when you will damage cooling system your engine will start getting damage as you drive.

Quote from Taavi(EST) :I would say it's worth a shot, it's definitely better than any other rally game released on the PC since RBR (RBR still remains as the best).

It reminds me good old simple CMR games and it has f**kloads of stages and cars to play with, thanks to WRC license.

To be honest WRC 2010 (WRC 1) was better in some aspects IMO
I miss that oversteerish physics
Quote from Amynue :
What!? Are you sure you have "Physical Damage" set to "Heavy" in options? In my opinion damage model is very good. It's cool that when you will damage cooling system your engine will start getting damage as you drive.

Most definitely had it on heavy, wouldn't play on anything less.

Quote from Amynue :
To be honest WRC 2010 (WRC 1) was better in some aspects IMO
I miss that oversteerish physics

Don't know anything about WRC 2010 because it didn't support my wheel and the stages were way too wide.
played the demo, t'was alright for a console game.
Physics-wise, is it anything at all like a sim? RBR is amazing in that department, and I don't expect WRC 2 to be on par, but I do expect the physics to be very good. I'm looking for something that I can get immersed in. Dirt and co just don't cut it, not even close.
Pretty addictive game tbh, cool oldschool styled game with great career mode (way better than 90% of the games that come out these days). I don't know why but i felt a bit nostalgic when playing the game. Could be the craphics department, pretty simple and even bit left behind if you ask me. Overall i like the game alot, there wen't my saturday...
Not going to start a new topic for this..
has anyone noticed that Insane 2 got released?
What!? I loved 1nsane!
Getting it atm, I hope it'll be good. :3
Quote from E.Reiljans :Getting it atm, I hope it'll be good. :3

No it won't. Got it yesterday, played one race, went back to playing WRC 2. Insane was full of win, Insane 2 is full of shit. It doesn't even deserve to be called Insane 2.

Quote from Taavi(EST) :the stages were way too wide.

Not all, but most of them, yes.
Quote from Amynue :No it won't. Got it yesterday, played one race, went back to playing WRC 2. Insane was full of win, Insane 2 is full of shit. It doesn't even deserve to be called Insane 2.

After playing it for half a hour, I came to same conclusion. :/

On topic: When I configure my wheel in WRC 2 (it's a Logitech DFGT), menu bugs start to appear - such as, I cannot use "up" arrow on keyboard at all (does nothing), and after configuring accelerator pedal in controller options, menu selection always resets to 1st thing in the list so I cannot even reach other keybinds to configure them. wtf?
Quote from E.Reiljans :After playing it for half a hour, I came to same conclusion. :/

On topic: When I configure my wheel in WRC 2 (it's a Logitech DFGT), menu bugs start to appear - such as, I cannot use "up" arrow on keyboard at all (does nothing), and after configuring accelerator pedal in controller options, menu selection always resets to 1st thing in the list so I cannot even reach other keybinds to configure them. wtf?

I had the same problem, disappeared when i tried to exit controller settings without saving them, hit the cancel and suddenly bug was gone.

Wrc 2
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG