This months avatars (July)
(110 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What should July's avatar theme be?

Stupidly Airbourne Cars Month
Historic Racing Driver Month
Silly Bike Month
Quote from Hankstar :My current theme is "Obscure references to cult anime shows"

how long will it still be?

Oh, and btw: I have Rolf Stommelen
#77 - Jakg
like the new one?
Is Alberto Ascari the one that crashed into the harbour at Monaco.
Anyone guess who mine is? I met him a couple of months ago, he was doing the prizegiving at my local kart club
Quote from nutty boy :Is Alberto Ascari the one that crashed into the harbour at Monaco.

Not quite sure but I think you´re talking about Lorenzo Bandini.

This video clip suits this thread and this month but beware it´s not for the faint hearted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... f1%20crash%20indianapolis
No actually I mean one actually flipped the barriers and crashed into the water. I think it was ascari.

EDIT: oh great, that video had Tom Pryce. AND I'M EATING.
Quote from nutty boy :No actually I mean one actually flipped the barriers and crashed into the water. I think it was ascari.

EDIT: oh great, that video had Tom Pryce. AND I'M EATING.

I said it´s not for the faint hearted. Sorry.

Anyway I did some digging and yeah it was Alberto Ascari in 1955.
http://www.gptours.com/new/history.php/id/6051/decade/1950/
Good right to aswell. Very sad

Also, wow i'm glad i got something actually right once.
I think it's the music that makes you cry, very sad song, together with those images... I didn't cry, but I did feel a very strange sad feeling... Didn't know what to think of it.
True, true
BTw i did choose piquet... before Gunn posted the list.. should i change them?
Oh noes... 4 days late... ahh... We really can't have two people with the same driver? 'Cause I really want Gilles Villeneuve, lol. I made a FOX skin of his car, as well as a helmet... Always driving in them, and I admire that legend.
#89 - Gunn
Quote from _rod_ :BTw i did choose piquet... before Gunn posted the list.. should i change them?

Not at all. You chose him, you keep him. There's no reason why everyone needs a different driver, choose your favourite and be happy

EDIT: maybe choose a unique image though.
I just chose any from the list lol.
Mind you I do like Piquet a bit from what i've seen.
Jackie ickx for me
Damon Hill all the way
I was gonna have Damon Hill but I couldn't find a good picture apart from him now with all the grey hair.
Bit of Jackie Stewart here
Are we going to do a stupid cat avatar month next time? I'm already thinking on ideas... And there are already some people in no need of a change then
Leo Kinnunen
well Senna is my man...it is sort of a unique image (most people have the helmet) so i hope its ok...if not why hasnt anyone chosen FANGIO or LAUDA!? Either way if not repeates are prefered...ill take Niki Lauda, DONT TAKE HIM FIRST THOUGH , im just gonna wait to see if i can keep Senna on board
Umm... Lauda is still alive?
Of course.
Was it a criteria, that they have to be dead?

Sorry then.
This thread is closed

This months avatars (July)
(110 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG