The online racing simulator
Skin pixelization?
(10 posts, started )
Skin pixelization?
Anyone know why whenever I save a .jpg in Paint Shop Pro 8 I get weird pixelization on the skin? I use the 2048x2048 pro kit and merge all the layers after some minor editing. It's really weird, and no matter if it's a fresh setup or modifying an existing skin it always happens. It's ashame. If I save it as a .pspimage or some other form this doesn't happen. I'll attach a simple issue just for an ex. Hope someone can help!
Attached images
RB4_Blade3562.jpg
Double check the settings PSP is using for saving .jpg maybe?
Personally I use Gimp and have no problems (apart from being a lousy artist that is), even Paintdotnet does a good job and can open, edit and save in .dds format. Even better, both of those applications are free, granted Gimp does have a "quirky" interface and takes a little getting used to, but it can open, edit and save to PSD files too.

Might also be something to do with your screen resolution, but not likely in these days of advanced GPU's and tons of VRAM.
Ya it could just be the older version of psp finally showing it's flaws. It's psp 8 from back in like 04ish lol. I guess I'll try one of these!

Thanks! Still hoping to get there is another fix! I love the editability in psp plus I've used it forever!
Yeah, I use Gimp also, and I think its excellent... but I dont see nothing strange in your skin...
Quote from Impreza09 :Yeah, I use Gimp also, and I think its excellent... but I dont see nothing strange in your skin...

Look around logos, when there is color contrast it does this.

I can use gimp in the final stages, not sure I fully dig gimp yet.
Hmmm... I think its the jpg itself. I think my skins have this also, but ingame everything looks wonderful
#7 - Bean0
In Photoshop, you would get these artifacts by lowering the jpg quality when saving.
Not sure if there are options for this in the software you are using.

I only ever lower the quality from full to get under the 400kb LFSWorld limit.
When saving in jpg, I always save in 100% quality. If it exceeds 400kb, LFSW automatically compresses it "optimally" .
Quote from Impreza09 :When saving in jpg, I always save in 100% quality. If it exceeds 400kb, LFSW automatically compresses it "optimally" .

and that is why you should do it in a proper program first

I do it like Bean0 (if i don't forget about it)
It is also wise to use Smush.it from Yahoo to remove excessive metadata from the image.

Skin pixelization?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG