The online racing simulator
Electric cars in LFS?
(224 posts, started )
Quote from E.Reiljans :
Also, electricity MAINLY is produced from atomic plants, partially also from hydroelectric, solar and wind ones. All except atomic ones are renewable, and atomic ones are very efficient.

That is so not true, over 70 % of all electricity in Europe is being produced by thermal power plants which burn either coal or natural gases. There resources are just as limited as oil, plus at least coal power plants are more harmful to the environment because of sulfur dioxide. People for some reason are very afraid of nuclear energy and at least Germany is planning to shut down all their "AKW's" by 2022. Renewable power sources are nothing but a joke, geothermal, wind and water power stations cannot be build everywhere and the power they produce is rather negligible. Solar energy has a potential, but science will have to go a looong way before we can use it with reasonable efficiency.
Quote from E.Reiljans :
Stefani24: that's what people were saying 100 years ago about petrol cars, while driving their steam engined ones.

There were no steam powered cars in mass production. The era of automobilism kind of started with development of internal combustion engine. Ethanol seems like quite reasonable alternative fuel for the next decades. We can produce almost arbitrary amount of it, it doesn't really pollute environment and it's very cheap.
Quote from E.Reiljans :That's very funny, considering Lithium-Iron-Phosphate batteries can be charged at 4C completely safely.

Okay. Turn off your computer every 17 minutes, and chill it to 4°C for a few hours. Either way, you'd be laughed at from all corners of the globe.
Quote from tristancliffe :Okay. Turn off your computer every 17 minutes, and chill it to 4°C for a few hours. Either way, you'd be laughed at from all corners of the globe.

You do realize that C is charge rate and not temperature?

4C charge rate = battery can be charged at (capacity in Ah * 4) amps, which means full charge takes exactly 15 minutes.
Oh, you meant Coulombs. I assumed you just didn't know how to do the degrees symbol.

Okay, after 17 minutes off your PC and wait a few hours whilst keeping your power supply working flat out so that the internals glow red hot.
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh, you meant Coulombs. I assumed you just didn't know how to do the degrees symbol.

° you mean? It's \ on Latvian keyboard.
Quote from tristancliffe :Okay, after 17 minutes off your PC and wait a few hours whilst keeping your power supply working flat out so that the internals glow red hot.

As I said, 15 minutes, not "few hours"
Also, for 30 kWh battery (just a example), 15 minute charge would need just 2 kVA, which is mere 9 amps at 230V. Some electric heaters, ovens etc use like twice that much.
Why do we really bother to talk to him?

This is an forum for petrolheads, not for eco-treehuggers.
Quote from ATHome :This is an forum for petrolheads, not for eco-treehuggers.

I thought this is "lfsforum.net", not "ADAC.de"
I can't wait to try your new oven simulator. Sounds very exciting.
Oh god, do you even have any common sense.

SMPS'es have as high efficiency as 91% at 100% load, which means <200W heat output (about same as GeForce GTX 560 Ti) when running at enough power to charge batteries fully in 15 minutes.
I'm in the process of arranging some sort of sponsorship for Life4Po batteries.

Sadly, it isn't good for the batteries to charge them that fast.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hi.

Considering electric cars are the future, and smelly, air polluting, roaring and inefficient petrol cars will die out in couple of decades..
are there any plans to implement electric cars in LFS?

no their not.

Seriously, do the research or gtfo.
#37 - PoVo
To be honest a diesel car would be more fun. TDI or something.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm in the process of arranging some sort of sponsorship for Life4Po batteries.

Sadly, it isn't good for the batteries to charge them that fast.

Sadly, fast charge without any damage is the big advantage of LiFePO4 over Li-Ion (apart from their safety).
Quote from PoVo :To be honest a diesel car would be more fun. TDI or something.

F*** diesel! It's an engine for working - trucks,trains,ships etc. Or for your family wagon,when you want to travel cheap. It's no racing fuel! :P Rather put the electrocar in...
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh, you meant Coulombs. I assumed you just didn't know how to do the degrees symbol.

no he didnt its not coulomb
maybe you shouldnt spout your complete lack of knowledge on batteries if youre trying to make a point about them being bad

Quote from E.Reiljans :Also, for 30 kWh battery (just a example), 15 minute charge would need just 2 kVA, which is mere 9 amps at 230V. Some electric heaters, ovens etc use like twice that much.

you might wanna check your math there
to charge a 30kWh battery in 15 minutes you need 120kW of power
I thought the C, which is like a charge/discharge 'multiplier', stood for Coulomb. Not Coulomb in the sense of 1C=1A x 1s.
I'd be amazed if LFS ever has another patch.

tl;dr LFS is dead.
Quote from Qurpiz :I'd be amazed if LFS ever has another patch.

tl;dr LFS is dead.

Oh please, not so long ago we got S1 0.3 update - the H7. Isn't that a huge step forward?
well I gonan say few maths :

- you need something like 10 "Liter" electricity to have the same energy as 1 Liter petrol...
Quote from Eclipsed :F*** diesel! It's an engine for working - trucks,trains,ships etc. Or for your family wagon,when you want to travel cheap. It's no racing fuel! :P Rather put the electrocar in...

That's probably the reason why 24h LeMans was won by diesels several times.
Quote from Kristi :That's probably the reason why 24h LeMans was won by diesels several times.

No, it's because petrol engines are way more restricted than diesel engines at 24h du Mans... So of course, they won...
buy s2 and then ask for content (which would be available to you...)
kthanxbai
Quote from Kristi :That's probably the reason why 24h LeMans was won by diesels several times.

Or maybe they won because of different specs? Even them out and no diesel smell will ever trouble this french town! :P
Quote from hazaky :Disable car engine sound in SHIFT+A and there u go. A nice humm and zumm :3

YAY.

HummmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

:3
Quote from MoMo92i :well I gonan say few maths :

- you need something like 10 "Liter" electricity to have the same energy as 1 Liter petrol...

No, not really.

A car with electric motors for driving and diesel generator for producing electricity will have way higher MPG (as much as 3x) than car with just diesel engine.

Electric cars in LFS?
(224 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG