The online racing simulator
Known car bugs list
(74 posts, started )
The MRT is very light, so is easy to move at low revs.

Plus, make sure you use a gearbox with realistic street values.

If even with that the behaviour is not realistic, the answer will be that LFS engine are not yet modelled properly
Quote from jjones :Hi i noticed this today, not sure if its a bug but in a real car if u pull away in first gear, and lifted ur foot of accelerator then the engine will stall at around 2mph, maybe less but driving the mrt on asclub, was just messing around and turned auto clutch off and works good, but at low speeds, at idle speed the car will just keep moving at idle speed, (6 mph) with out stalling, and this seemed abit strange to me as i expected the engine to stall, as i would expect in a real car! So i thought this might be a bug so why not post it here.

Cheers lads

A real car will (should) not stall on idle unless you're going uphill. Around here, some driving lessons are done entirely on idle without even touching the accelerator and economic driving preachers tell you to start off from a standstill on idle, which might require some half-decent clutch work depending on the low-end torque of the particular car you're driving, but should generally be possible with any road car.
LFS's cars seem more likely to stall than real ones to me, though I must admit I'm used to torquey engines. Recently discovered that the diesel Punto will actually rev the engine to 3k rpm for about 2 seconds should it drop below ~800rpm, so that's really hard to stall. Obviously if you just dump the clutch from a standstill, that'll stall just about anything.
UF1 interior is messed up(doesn't even exist!) There should be some updates at the textures. Same with UFR.
Attached images
lfs_00000151.PNG
As far as I know, the UFs are made by Scawen and they're planning to be updated, too.
I'm sure this is well known so I won't make a new thread, but it should be here none the less. These two images were taken at the same time, just different angles.

My guess is that it's related to the "feature" where wheels/brake discs aren't drawn from certain angles, but it seems like there's been a slight miscalculation for what angle is the cutoff point for the tires.
Attached images
az tire 1.jpg
az tire 2.jpg
Is your Z-buffer at the max?
It happens when you get stucked into a fence and the wheel is very deformed. But I think I'd never saw it in normal conditions
Quote from Flame CZE :Is your Z-buffer at the max?

Yes, it's at 24 and 32 is grayed out.

Quote from Whiskey :It happens when you get stucked into a fence and the wheel is very deformed. But I think I'd never saw it in normal conditions

Read again, those two screenshots are at the same exact time. In one of them you can see the wheel is attached to the tire. In the other, having moved further left, they're not connected. I think it's something to do with the extreme angle that the sidewall is compared to the camera.
Quote from pik_d :
Read again, those two screenshots are at the same exact time. In one of them you can see the wheel is attached to the tire. In the other, having moved further left, they're not connected. I think it's something to do with the extreme angle that the sidewall is compared to the camera.

I know. I was saying that it happens if the tyre is too deformed, or viewed from an "impossible" angle.
Which should have relation with Z-buffer, I think
-
(king_drift_ksa) DELETED by SamH : Illegal content, breaks forum display
hole in the bumper on both sides FZ5 (LFS 0.6B)
Attached images
LFS 2011-09-24 23-14-16-61.jpg
I cannot see anything wrong, could you highlight it a bit for me?
Quote from Flame CZE :I cannot see anything wrong, could you highlight it a bit for me?

You need a replay? I just did not understand the translation.
Quote from Flame CZE :I cannot see anything wrong, could you highlight it a bit for me?

There is a small gap between the bottom of the car and the sideskirt, hence you can see the rim thought it.

You can see the wheel through the gap between the floor and the splitter/bumper.
Quote from Bean0 :You can see the wheel through the gap between the floor and the splitter/bumper.

yes, thanks(Whiskey, Bean0).

Sorry that is not shown in the pictures the fragment
Ah, there, didn't notice it before. Well, you cannot see it normally when you are racing but yes, I could include it to the list, why not. Edit: Added
Thanks Flame CZE.
There is another thread, there are exactly the same error. I understand that they are imperceptible, but I want to modelki cars were quality - no holes))
These errors I noticed in the version of Z28, maybe they were before.
MRT don't look so solid
Attached images
mrt.GIF
-
soon (mos3b) DELETED by Flame CZE : vob mod
The MRT's clutch is too strong. The UFR's clutch is weak.
1 - Rac Drivers out of the place
2 - this thing on LX
Attached images
Screenshot_12.png
Screenshot_13.png

Known car bugs list
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG