The online racing simulator
Blackwood unchicaned
(74 posts, started )
Blackwood unchicaned
Please please could we have a new blackwood variant, just the current one but no chicane after the hairpin.
+1
#3 - axus
ZzZzzZzZ
Even less interesting corners, a longer, more boring straight, and destruction of the only 'corner sequence' on the track.

#4 - Renku
Boooooring.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-1 too. But it would work with a historic-mod as the chicane part is clearly newer than the rest of the track.
A Chicane in the middle?
#7 - joen

I would like to see more Blackwood configs, but they would have to add something instead of removing.

What we should do, is ADD a chicane halfway through!

EDIT: About 3 people just beat me to it, I was making the picture :P
Attached images
chicane.jpg
we could have a config with use the bridge on the main straightway, like 8, we pass below the bridge and then on the bridge
bah.. you guys liked the idea back when i suggested it back in S1??

i would put pictures up again, but RSC is being itself as always..
#11 - axus
Here's two ideas from me. The red passes over the rest of the track and comes down. I like the green better TBH. Suits blackwood more too.
Attached images
track_map_blackwood newy.jpg
Quote from wheel4hummer :-1

What we should do, is ADD a chicane halfway through!

EDIT: About 3 people just beat me to it, I was making the picture :P

Never, ever, ever, ever. It reminds me of the current RL fashion of destroying race tracks with chicanes to slow the cars down (think Le Mans). It's racing, why the hell do you want to slow the cars down?!
#13 - Vain
I would support the unchicaned BL if we had a LMP car.

Vain
#14 - wark
Beats an oval.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I actually really like the look of that. Imagine if the apex was about the height of the bridge, so for half the chicane you're going up, and the other half - right after the apex - you're coming down. If it was faster than the first chicane it would be a really difficult complex in the road cars, and possibly in the downforce cars too due to the crest. It'd rule!

there would be people spinning on the track there like nascar drivers on a road course
Would take something away from the track so -1

@ Spook - the chicane at Blackwood doesn't ruin the straight like most chicanes nor does it stop the flow of the track.

For all the resons that may exist.

Why remove the part that makes the track?
+0.5

I wouldn't mind seeing a chicane-free Blackwood, but only if it was introduced as one variant among many (several of the ones sketched above look nice). As others have said, BL with no chicane would look historic and would suit certain monster cars like LMPs. I admit it would be boring as hell to drive in anything under 500hp though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd like to see the BL1 straight chopped in half with something interesting happening in the middle.

-1 dont turn bl into another le mans
First chicane is one of the best places in BL. Removing it woiuld kill the track, imo.

I'm also against a chicane in the middle of the straight.
Hmm, i'm in two worlds about no chicane BL. If it was to be removed, add something a bit further down. (as said before about using the bridge, would be rather neat tbh) or maybe make the last few turns just before and after the last sector checkpoint twisty.

Basicly, take something away, add elsewhere.

It wouldn't add much challenge to the track. And if anything, that chicane adds some overtaking chances on the big turn after.

It COULD be an Historic layout, but then you'd have to add/remove something else too. And the Blackwood enviroment looks pretty tight already... doesn't look too modeable to me. See how's even some buildings near the track?
#23 - wark
BL already looks like it 'used to' lack the chicane. What are those red & white barriers doing there?

Same with FE Gold and Black on the front straight--now IMO this one would be cool because you would get airborne. =P
I said that it should be an OPTION.
Well, if you get that OPTION, another driver comes and wants the option to have the uphill chicane @ AS removed, the next one doesnt like the SO Classic chicane etc...

So -1.

Blackwood unchicaned
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG