The online racing simulator
Blackwood unchicaned
(74 posts, started )
i dont want the current virsion of BL changed but allowing use of the bridge and other aera's would be good. i mean why change the track that makes LFS has had since the start :P.allso i dont rember BL without the chicains
#52 - DeKo
I pulled out an old copy of S1 and went round blackwood, and was startled by how different it looks.. personally, i think it looks quite a lot better than the current, i mean, current blackwood is a beautiful track, but s1 is just... better, dunno why.
Thumbnail:

Direct Link: http://img141.imageshack.us/im ... fs20060710104523438dq.png

Thumbnail:

Direct Link: http://img141.imageshack.us/im ... fs20060710104528014ju.png

Thumbnail:

Direct Link: http://img224.imageshack.us/im ... fs20060710104556155sp.png

Thumbnail:

Direct Link: http://img224.imageshack.us/im ... fs20060710104625250ll.png
Yup, it had a lot more feeling to it than it does now.
Quote from Gunn :If you overshot the chicane or braking point you usually ploughed into a barricaded group of trees. Most race tracks alow run-off areas at the end of fast straights. Until you drive the circuit in the reversed direction you may miss this point.

I wasn't suggesting a barrier like in S1 then, more like a barrier and trees coming over part of the non-chicane route.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Yup, it had a lot more feeling to it than it does now.

OK, so this is basically, "Scavier: I liked their early albums", right?

Yup
illepall

No way, that chicane makes the Blackwood track! It's always a battle to get a good exit from the chicane onto the straight and overtake someone or staying close so you can use him for draft.
Keep the chicane, its the only way I can move up 2-3 places on the first lap!
edit
they should let you make your own track, with about 200 different curves or straight lengths and auto complete, grass and sand option, the whole 9 yards or notillepall

i say +1
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :they should let you make your own track, with about 200 different curves or straight lengths and auto complete, grass and sand option, the whole 9 yards or notillepall

Isn't that TrackMania? Do you think we could make even a slightly fun track with this 25 year old method of track generation?
Maybe we can build tracks like in GeneRally, all you need is Paint and you can build relatively good tracks, with paint shop you can make superb tracks
if you want the thing gone just put a ramp in front of it and you wont even know its there :P
The chicane is certainly Blackwood's character corner, but I can see that taking it out would turn it into a double apex 180 and that could also be fun - one of the critical aspects of Blackwood is getting a good exit to that chicane - which is probably why I suck there - but a double apex could be just as much fun aspecially as LFS doesnt have many of these. I actually cant think of any off the top of my head (although i'll be corrected in 4 minutes time).
Quote from Becky Rose :I actually cant think of any off the top of my head (although i'll be corrected in 4 minutes time).

took a little longer but fernbay has one thats actually usually refered to as the double apex
OT slightly, but which config is that I can't think of one in Green or Gold, Black is (in my opinion) a bit long for decent racing so I have never really raced there.
gold/black before the section that leads onto the s/f straight
Double apex corner if the chicane will be gone? How? It will just be a hairpin then.
That's actually a triple apex on FE Gold, and one of the best corners in LFS
oh the long left hander, that's why i'm so ruddy slow there then ...

Quote :Double apex corner if the chicane will be gone? How? It will just be a hairpin then.

It would be two corners with a very short connecting straight, perfect double apex territory
#70 - wark
Quote from 96 GTS :That's actually a triple apex on FE Gold, and one of the best corners in LFS

It's even better in reverse

Then so is the long flat out run after the railroad straight... these make FE gold reverse my favourite config in LFS.
Quote from wark :It's even better in reverse

even better going through it sideways
-1 to all proposed blackwood variations.

@deko:
yeah i like the old blackwood better, too. but that is maybe because i like that club-style tracks more than the big gp-style ones.
no chicane = oval

add something to the straights.
BL1 would stay unchanged

Blackwood unchicaned
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG