The online racing simulator
Major Updates(Cool)
(38 posts, closed, started )
Major Updates(Cool)
One thing about this game. I looked up on google for games like Forza and Gran Turismo and someone told me this game. So I spent the time to download it and than found out there is no object to the game.

Since there is no object to the game and nobody plays Multiplay this game sucks because of that so here are some ideas to fix this.

UPDATES
-Career,Make a career so there is actually an object to the game, and with Career you can unlock unforseen cars and parts.

Mechanic System-well yes you can edit the car to make it better but what you u cant do is add parts or buy parts and that also turns me off with this game. You should also make the car editing more easy to understand.

Tracks-Because of the game name,it makes me think of this. It would be really awsome if there was a track where you would be racing and out of nowhere u have to race through a small puddle of water so the tires would be like a few inches in the water.

Cars-One thing this game lacks is well 1 an object to the game and 2nd,more cars. It's 2011 and almost 2012 and Ino this game isnt that old so this game should have MANY new cars like race cars and stuff there is like none right now.
It's called LFS Tweak and has existed for some time now....
Go back to play some Forza and GT5 and other stuff
Quote from cris12821 :So I spent the time to download it and than found out there is no object to the game.

No,there is - this is an online racing simulator! Try to join a server and race! If you can't win,you need updates for yourself - practice and update your skill!
First off I don't know how to get tweak to work with my version. I either don't understand what version I have and what tweak version to get.

If it is the right tweak sometimes ill enter in something for the engine, and it will freeze and the car wont be able to move. Still this game needs a career. No career his like saying Forza or GT would be better without no career ad only online.
As Eclipsed said, this is an online racing simulator, and there is a "carreer mode" to this simulator, it's called racing in an online league.

Don't mistake this simulator for something like Need for Speed or GTA etc

Spend the few bucks and buy a full license, join a racing league and see what we mean.
Quote from shorty943 :As Eclipsed said, this is an online racing simulator, and there is a "carreer mode" to this simulator, it's called racing in an online league.

Don't mistake this simulator for something like Need for Speed or GTA etc

Spend the few bucks and buy a full license, join a racing league and see what we mean.

I do. I got an s2 license,what more do i need?
Cars - LFS has plenty of cars already, some of them real (FBM, BF1, MRT, RAC and one day maybe Scirocco).

Tracks - LFS is currently oriented on track racing, not rallying, this could change some day though.

Parts - NFS-like tuning's been discussed to death, resurrected and discussed to death again. General opinion of the community and the devs is that such thing is a big no-no and that it would turn the game into something it was never intended to be. As for the easier car setup, there is a great wiki page explaining car setups at lfsmanual.net. Unlike NFS & co LFS uses some actual physics so setting the car up requires your brain to be involved.

Career - The objective of LFS is to race - what else do you need?

From what you suggested I think that you might want to look for another game. LFS is a really hardcore sim with all the pros and cons games like this have. I'm not criticizing you for not liking LFS, it's just that average LFS player takes pleasure from other things than making it all the way up some imaginary ranks and buying new rims and turbos for his 370Z.
Quote from MadCatX :

From what you suggested I think that you might want to look for another game. LFS is a really hardcore sim with all the pros and cons games like this have.

Yo I will find another game but does anyone know a game for the pc that has the same concept as GT or Forza but is less than 2Gigs?
uh-oh...
Quote from cris12821 :Yo I will find another game but does anyone know a game for the pc that has the same concept as GT or Forza but is less than 2Gigs?

Go waste your money on iRacing. You'd fit right in over there.
If you can't get any enjoyment from having a close, competitive race online against other people, then LFS is not the game for you
Quote from cris12821 :It's 2011 and almost 2012 and Ino this game isnt that old so this game should have MANY new cars like race cars and stuff there is like none right now.

LFS is focused on a core mechanic and handling physics found in no other game up to date. It's also being developed by 3 people. That's why new cars aren't constantly being fed into the game. You already have 16 vehicles with whatever gear ratios you want. There might be few cars but they sure are variated and they cover many different classes and types.

The part where you said; simpler setup editing.. No offence but I would like to slap you for that. Don't take it personally. LFS has the absolute best setup modifying in history with a simple interface, the right options and it's just so fast and handy.
Okay well thats the thing. You guys may think everything is perfect but ur not getting the big picture...ull say the same about me.

But Sometimes online racing games isnt just all about editing cars an racing. and when you dont know much about editing shit and stuff like that why should anyone bother to play.

No game teaches u step by step on how to edit ur car to make it better and nobody wants to take the time to read it or watch it.

and yes I have a registered S2 license under the name of Cris12821.

You guys think this game is perfect already, heres the thing

Yes I understand its mostly an online closed source game but you see thats the thing. Games like this cane get boring quickly because everyday your doing the EXACT SAME THING nothing changes.

If there was say a Career or a program built into the game that lets u build a car from chassis to engine to engine placement to fuel consumption and more. That way the game wouldnt just be more fun it would get more people to play it because of how it is.

Its not all about the object of the game which is race online all the time doing the same thing,sometimes its about the quality of the game.

....Plus in my version I have never ONCE saw ANYONE in multiplayer or Hot lapping.
Quote from cris12821 :
But Sometimes online racing games isnt just all about editing cars an racing. and when you dont know much about editing shit and stuff like that why should anyone bother to play.

Actually it kind of is. The fact that _you_ don't find it interesting is not a problem of the game, LFS is targeted at a different kind of players, that's all.

Quote from cris12821 :

I'm sorry to say that, but the reality begs to differ, it says "Demo racer" under your username.

Quote from cris12821 :
You guys think this game is perfect already, heres the thing

Yes I understand its mostly an online closed source game but you see thats the thing. Games like this cane get boring quickly because everyday your doing the EXACT SAME THING nothing changes.

Again, this is not the game's fault, it's actually you looking for a different kind of fun. When I had time to do so, I could spend hours in hotlapping mode driving around one track in one car just to shave an extra second off my lap time. This is what LFS (and racing in general) is about - tons of practice and experience combined with some technical knowledge...

In no way we think the game is perfect, it has a lot of flaws we'd like to see fixed one day. We're also not bashing you or anything for not liking the game, but LFS was never meant to be a game a casual racer would enjoy. NFS Shift or Dirt series might be want you're looking for.
lol I am licenced I'll screenshot it next time for proof.

Okay I kinda of get what MadCatX is saying. But still just hear me out.

Think aside of the fact of it Online based game think of the fact that the better quality and the more fun the game is the more people would play it and the more people that play it the more licenses are being bought there for the company makes more giving them access to more features more security whatever.

I 100% understand the fact that u guys dont want nothing changed bc its purely online only.

But have u ever really stopped and thought about it for a few hours/minutes about that if the game has something t be payed and the company strugles have u ever thought that, the more fun a game is the more money is made.

Think about Gran Turismo, that company makes TONS of money because they put work into there game to make it fun so people will buy it.

Same goes for LFS the more time and fun is put into it than the more people would buy it thus giving the company more money to play around with.

Ever thought of it like that???
Quote from cris12821 :Plus in my version I have never ONCE saw ANYONE in multiplayer or Hot lapping.

... and what version might that be?!

You'd always find a few hundred drivers online at any given time (peaking at 1000+ at European evenings). Have look at www.lfs.net and the number of "racers online". You can find more info about the history of the number of drivers online using LFSWorld.

Hotlapping is purely single player. You need to set a hot lap and upload it to LFSWorld - so naturally you won't see anyone in that mode.
Quote from cris12821 :

No game teaches u step by step on how to edit ur car to make it better and nobody wants to take the time to read it or watch it.

If there was say a Career or a program built into the game that lets u build a car from chassis to engine to engine placement to fuel consumption and more. That way the game wouldnt just be more fun it would get more people to play it because of how it is.

Its not all about the object of the game which is race online all the time doing the same thing,sometimes its about the quality of the game.

....Plus in my version I have never ONCE saw ANYONE in multiplayer or Hot lapping.

You don't have an S2 account (see the "Demo racer" under your username on the left?), and if you've played with S2 content it's obviously a cracked version which doesn't let you go online.

Most people don't know enough about setup editing to start from scratch, most people just take a setup from somewhere else like setupgrid.net and maybe make some changes to suit.

A career, great, but what happens when you reach the end of that career path? LFS has been going for 8 years, could you design a career to last that long? And surely those with all the $ to build great cars would just beat all the new guys and make it pointless for them? Apart from setup changes all the LFS cars are the same for everyone, so you know it's the driving skill that wins the race and not because you have a bigger engine.

As for Gran Turismo, the developers Polyphony Digital have over 140 employees, shitloads of cash and a massive audience on consoles. LFS has 3 developers, not much money and a niche sim racing market on PCs. No comparison son.
Quote from boothy :You don't have an S2 account (see the "Demo racer" under your username on the left?), and if you've played with S2 content it's obviously a cracked version which doesn't let you go online.

A career, great, but what happens when you reach the end of that career path? LFS has been going for 8 years, could you design a career to last that long?
As for Gran Turismo, the developers Polyphony Digital have over 140 employees, shitloads of cash and a massive audience on consoles. LFS has 3 developers, not much money and a niche sim racing market on PCs.

Why do people who play online games NEVER FRIGAN UNDERSTAND. 8yrs or not Obviously this game isnt very well known,because no matter what I search for racing games I've never ONCE in my life heard about this game which tells me it needs to be more fun.

the answer to ur Career question. I can very well make a Career to last u long. There would be races for every class and in that set there would be a total of 50 races each. The further u advance in the career the more cars and parts you unlock. You people think im stupid and dont know shit. But I can tell u this, I maybe only 16 years old but for my age im smart as **** when it comes to video game designing.

Call me stupid or treat me like i suck or dont know anything or my ideas are dumb but let me tell u this. You say my ideas suck or are just meaning it like that. If the company EVER added on a career and upgradable parts to this game I absoulutly GUARANTEE you that this game would become a well known game and very populated.
You like arcades.

If you see no one online, you are not on S2, and we all know what that means.

You registered this month, no one will, or should, take you seriously.

Quote from cris12821 :Why do people who play online games NEVER FRIGAN UNDERSTAND. 8yrs or not Obviously this game isnt very well known,because no matter what I search for racing games I've never ONCE in my life heard about this game which tells me it needs to be more fun.

You never heard of it because it isn't your type of game. Quite easy to tell that you like Single player arcade racers with career mode. That's not anywhere close to this. If you want that, go play games you like, GT5 and Forza.

Quote :the answer to ur Career question. I can very well make a Career to last u long. There would be races for every class and in that set there would be a total of 50 races each. The further u advance in the career the more cars and parts you unlock. You people think im stupid and dont know shit. But I can tell u this, I maybe only 16 years old but for my age im smart as **** when it comes to video game designing.

Actually, you are not, because you don't even know what this type of game this is.

Call me stupid or treat me like i suck or dont know anything or my ideas are dumb but let me tell u this. You say my ideas suck or are just meaning it like that. If the company EVER added on a career and upgradable parts to this game I absoulutly GUARANTEE you that this game would become a well known game and very populated.[/QUOTE]

Sim racing is a niche market. It won't get heavily populated. You are moving arcade style game modes into an online simulator. Half of those people that you "think" will move, will go into turn one and crash into the wall because you actually have to brake. Bye bye.

Plus, if people like you will be the ones that come due to a career mode, I'm glad we don't have one. If you want something close to a career, do the training mode.
Quote from cris12821 :Why do people who play online games NEVER FRIGAN UNDERSTAND. 8yrs or not Obviously this game isnt very well known,because no matter what I search for racing games I've never ONCE in my life heard about this game which tells me it needs to be more fun.

the answer to ur Career question. I can very well make a Career to last u long. There would be races for every class and in that set there would be a total of 50 races each. The further u advance in the career the more cars and parts you unlock. You people think im stupid and dont know shit. But I can tell u this, I maybe only 16 years old but for my age im smart as **** when it comes to video game designing.

Call me stupid or treat me like i suck or dont know anything or my ideas are dumb but let me tell u this. You say my ideas suck or are just meaning it like that. If the company EVER added on a career and upgradable parts to this game I absoulutly GUARANTEE you that this game would become a well known game and very populated.

So let me get this right, once I win some races I get more parts for my cars. And then because I have some better parts than others I can beat them easier. Which means I get more parts, and the new people who join the game can't win because everyone else has better parts for their cars.

I doubt anyone would find that fun, to lose just because someone has better car parts than them. Do you think that would make this game popular?
like whatever... he tries to make this sim absolutely different as it is now...

Btw, if you think it wisely, every game actually HAS a career mode, all games don't have a chance to save a game though...
Quote from cris12821 :yes I have a registered S2 license under the name of Cris12821.

As everyone else has pointed out numerous times, NO YOU DON'T.
You claim to be smart, but aren't clever enough to realise that when it says demo user under your name it means YOU DONT HAVE EITHER AN S1 OR S2 LICENSE. The forum user database is linked directly to the License database so regardless of what you claim, you're talking out of your "hole".
You may have access to S2 content, but that means you are running a cracked version of the game which will win you no friends on here.
No, you wont have seen anyone online as you are using a non licensed version of the game, being an online racing simulator, using a crack is pretty pointless as it stops you going online. Remove the crack, use the demo content and join a demo server, you'll then be able to race online and see what LFS is actually about rather than pottering around in single player on your own.

There is a career mode built into LFS, it is called personal development, that is you improving your driving ability. Unlike the kind of games that you want LFS to emulate it actually takes work and practice to get better, not through cheap shortcuts like buying go faster stripes and better turbos.

As boothy pointed out what you are suggesting would actually be less fun, new comers to the game cant win anything as they have the slowest cars with the least neon.

You claim to be "smart as **** when it comes to video game designing", unless you can understand target audiences it doesn't matter how smart you think you are. You don't understand the audience for LFS which is why you are suggesting features from a single player arcade "racing" game.

If you have never heard of LFS, how and why are you here trolling?
This thread is closed

Major Updates(Cool)
(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG