The online racing simulator
nurburing pls :)
(55 posts, started )
Quote from TehPaws3D :Wow you called LFS a game? If i did that, I'd have 50 people crawling up my backside with pitchforks.

Nice to know someone realises simulators are games..

Quote from Silverracer :I'd be happy with Hockenheimring (wont say no to Nurburgring though)!

:arge:

:ices_rofl
A game is a game, the people that belives they can race a race car just from driving a computer game has some serious issues IMO
Of course it can help, I don't argue on that, but the sensation / feelings of driving in real life cannot be compared to a computer game.
ffs if u want Nurburgring, go play any other game. rFactor/GTR/GT Legends/GT5. All games have it! Why do u want it in LFS? Take something more difficult like up/downhill tracks or chit.
Quote from vistaman :ffs if u want Nurburgring, go play any other game. rFactor/GTR/GT Legends/GT5. All games have it! Why do u want it in LFS?

Because all the ga... pardon me - racing softwares you listed are not proper sims?

Quote :Take something more difficult like up/downhill tracks or chit.

Do you know any actual road course still in activity, more challenging that the Ring? (Isle of Man TT doesn't count, since it doesn't host any car race AFAIK)

Hillclimbs don't really count as road course. I see where you're coming from(the good old touge track, almost as much suggested as the Ring here), but this would never be any popular for online racing, since you wouldn't be able to go more than one at a time.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :What's so special with it?

Nothing special; simply a personal preference since the time I raced there on Mercedes Benz World Racing.

Quote from The Very End :A game is a game, the people that belives they can race a race car just from driving a computer game has some serious issues IMO

Can't argue with the serious issue thing, but LFS' got that bit of extra feeling about it; A bit too much to be simply be classes as a regular "game". But yes, at the end of the day you're still sitting behind a screen...

Quote from vistaman :ffs if u want Nurburgring, go play any other game. rFactor/GTR/GT Legends/GT5.

Been there, done that! We're sticking with LFS - all those titles you mentioned get old after a few weeks (even with all those track and all those cars); but its still thrilling to race a XFG at BL1 even after 1000 odd laps. I don't see it happening, but it would be great to have it in LFS. Personaly, wouldn't you like to drift around there in a XRT?

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :[...]but this would never be any popular for online racing, since you wouldn't be able to go more than one at a time.

Well... we have autocross-servers which have one-person-at-a-time racing (currently Sin'rs (Top Gear)) . Over the last year there were couple of "hill climb" servers (FE, KY, AU4) that were populated. So there is a demand (albeit slight) for this type of track. Then there are the drifters and the cruisers... But then again, as you said, this is not a new suggestion either and have been suggested often...

And from the EU Cruise thread;
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Slightly OT but:
Not according to this poll

Any idea when this was put up (was it by the devs?)? Was the poll publicised anywhere or any "official" links leading to it? I haven't come across until now and yet close to 1000 people have voted (and it closes in a couple of weeks).
Well.. All we want is something different than those circuits. We need something difficult. As i said Up/downhills, touge tracks. Something that is tricky, which makes fun. Close 1on1 battles and stuff.

Just something more tough!

We would like to see something great for Drifters, because the Racers already got their tracks, they even get Rockingham. Can't we just get something that would make us happy and come back to LFS and have fun.. Many people stopped playing because of the less diversity. Make something so you will get your players back!
Quote from Silverracer :Any idea when this was put up (was it by the devs?)? Was the poll publicised anywhere or any "official" links leading to it? I haven't come across until now and yet close to 1000 people have voted (and it closes in a couple of weeks).

Saturday, 25 Jun 2011, 01:03
Posted by Victor

It was posted in the LFS News Headlines at the top of the forum.

EDIT: I just realised, I posted about that poll in a different thread, wth?
Thanks; guess I need to pay more attention to the news headlines!

And sorry, I didn't want to post in the EU Cruise thread
No problem, I can understand why.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Disagreed, way too long and wide for anything else than GTRs and fast single seaters. Same goes for Le Mans too.

Long, maybe, but even Spa can be driven in about 3:30s with a road going car, so I wouldn't say that long either. Wide, not really much wider than any track in LFS now.
As for Le Mans, you probably haven't heard about the Bugatti Circuit, doesn't use much of the "original le Sarthe", only the dunlop chicane and last corner of the ford chicanes, but still. Use the long for endus, short for TBOs and similar?

I'm not saying that they have to put these tracks in, I kinda like the fictional tracks, but before making a claim like that, think it over twice. And just as a reminder, I'm guessing that KY1 is a blast with UF1 for you. What I mean is, not every track is suitable for every car, even now in LFS, and we still have them all. So because a certain track is too long/wide for a certain car class is not good enough reason to not include that track.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Hillclimbs don't really count as road course. I see where you're coming from(the good old touge track, almost as much suggested as the Ring here), but this would never be any popular for online racing, since you wouldn't be able to go more than one at a time.

You are wrong.

Simulator and Real life are 2 different stories. I don't see any problem why there would not be a grid in hillclimb and having 2 or more people driving it @ same time. Of Course, it is point to point, but with autocross editor you can have to place objects in there and there, making a track itself a bit different.

Also, if making fictional track, it would be possible to make whol track environments to several different point to point sections, or why not whole circuits (altough there is no pits, but who needs pits in 3 lap races? I would not)
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :(altough there is no pits, but who needs pits in 3 lap races? I would not)

I always crash or get crashed in turn 2 of the first lap, I would like a pits.
Quote from rockclan :I always crash or get crashed in turn 2 of the first lap, I would like a pits.

But then it is a failure
Quote from xfirestorm :As for Le Mans, you probably haven't heard about the Bugatti Circuit, doesn't use much of the "original le Sarthe", only the dunlop chicane and last corner of the ford chicanes, but still. Use the long for endus, short for TBOs and similar?

I have, no worries. Although I am amased by the fact that the track was actually built by the 1960s considering its far from exciting layout - was it designed by Tilke's father by any chance?

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :You are wrong.

Simulator and Real life are 2 different stories. I don't see any problem why there would not be a grid in hillclimb and having 2 or more people driving it @ same time. Of Course, it is point to point, but with autocross editor you can have to place objects in there and there, making a track itself a bit different.

Good luck with passing people there.
+1 to nordschleife
+1 to hillclimb

However, save these suggestions for when S3 is released.
It's pretty simple to get hill-climb and downhill just make a track in the mountain and in the editor you put your check point. So people that want all the circuit style can run it completely and the other for uphill and downhill cut some parts of the track.

Anyway i don't care if it's a real life track or just fictional I would play it a lot.
Want nurburing?

Pay for the scanning and other shit, then come back and ask again.
Quote from hazaky :Want nurburing?

Pay for the scanning and other shit, then come back and ask again.

Even if you did get the lazer scanning and all that, the devs wouldn't implent it in LFS either way :/
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Saturday, 25 Jun 2011, 01:03
Posted by Victor

It was posted in the LFS News Headlines at the top of the forum.

EDIT: I just realised, I posted about that poll in a different thread, wth?

Well, that's why I'm on this vote did not know? Even if e-mail notifications sent to.
I have one issue, what with Rockingham and the VWS both in the pipeline why don't we just sit back and wait for that first...besides, it'd be crap unless the whole track was done...
Disagree with those averse to long tracks. Most people have an attention span longer than a two minute lap. Longer tracks require more technical skill as the little green line is not there to help you find the apex. I like the open track layouts. As was suggested, Peterson's Isle of Man, Dunrod 1950, or Nordschliefe would be ideal.
Nordschleife would kill tyres in 2 laps but only in LFS we could feel real flames from the "Green Hell"
Quote from The Stig PL :Nordschleife would kill tyres in 2 laps but only in LFS we could feel real flames from the "Green Hell"

I agree with above. Either in LFS or at the real thing.
Quote from pärtan :I agree with above. Either in LFS or at the real thing.

How did you experience this? Have you proof. Worn out tyres within 26 miles eh? You must be joking!

nurburing pls :)
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG