The online racing simulator
#51 - CSF
I was utterly bored as Dom couldn't talk, so listening to Wilko Thilo and Phil was good fun. I knew I was screwed after the Red flag as my setup had a terribly inconsistent heat peak on full fuel so I was in trouble until around when Joe slammed me into a roll.
Yeah heard his aunt was in room (or a family relative) so talking was limited. Should've just shouted HELLO DOMS AUNT or smth. It's what I would do.

I've heard Mrs Jundt enough to know how to react in these situations
Sort of write-up on the race I posted on our forums:

Quote :Wasn't looking forward that one so much: I feared to have to face another crashfest similar to the Speedweeks, plus I hadn't touched LFS for a whole week, due to intense no-lifing on iR. However it turned out to be much better than expected.

We both had a careful first 1/3 of race, as all we needed at that point was to survive and stay on the lead lap. Then afterwards we got up front thanks to an alternative strategy. We stayed within the top positions for a while, and when the red flag came in we were in 2nd and 3rd.

Fortunately we had a wrong call on strategy for the second part of the race: we decided to go on 1 stop, when most of the others went on 100% to finish with no stop. We stayed up front for a while, but when we had to pit we were sent at the back of the lead lap pack. Then we were stuck with backmarkers and couldn't make our way through again. In the end we finished 6th and 7th after a great last lap battle won by DJ for a few hundredths of a second.

No regrets however, we probably didn't have the pace to fight with the leading guys if we were on the same strategy.

In the end I'm extremely glad of the result, having 2 cars out of 2 in the top 10 with no major incident is great, in such an unpredictable race. Special mention to DJ who did extremely nice(and even led several times in the race) on a combo he didn't have much experience on. I'm also pleased to see that this race was somehow cleaner than the Speedweeks, with at least decently long green flag periods.

Oh and, what happened on lap 13x causing red flag?
4 people disconnected at once. One being Robin who eventually won the race
Yeah... I don't know if its a server or a LFS thing but sometimes I get the feeling that all this InSim information is filling the tcp stack that much that massive loss of connection occurs. I'm not hosting this btw, but I've seen similar things. Bit annoying so to speak

It especially happens when two InSims are requesting MCI packets but I need to investigate that a bit further.
Just watched the whole broadcast, as I've missed the live one.

Awesome race, lots of action, and great commentary!
Finally after 2 good nights of rest I can think straight again, instead of going around in circles! So here's a little recap of my race!

I had pretty much an ideal starting position, inside row 2, but wasn't able to get a 100% advantage out of that. Which I knew wouldn't matter anyways since the race is long and I didn't want to take any big risks. So I just went with the flow. I had a hard time though getting my drafting right, missed a lot of them. It was quite depressing to be honest, but after the first 100 laps or so I got a good feeling and it went way better.

I had a total of 2 true incidents, and both were on the restart before the S/F line. The first one involved the train slowing down massively just before T3 so I was full on the brakes, just missed the guy in front of me and than someone who totally missed the fact that we were braking hit me hard in the back which made me fly into the wall. Luckilly the pit stayed open so I could crawl in immidiately without losing a lap. The second one was due to over agressive driving from the #76 car who decided that he could go after Joe when the green flag was waved. Trying to overtake me in T3 which had him go on the apron, causing him to hit me and get sideways big time in front of me. No major damage though, so I could continue until the red flag.

Than I lost connection under safetycar conditions together with 3 others. I've been very lucky that Deko decided to red flag the race, I have no idea what caused the loss of connection but I think it was a server problem since Blauwhoff (also from the Netherlands) lost connection aswell, just as some other Mid/North Europeans. And I didn't lose connection to TS.

After this the race started all over again, from disappointment to full on racing concentration. I was strugling to find a good feeling in drafting with David, who ofcourse was doing an awesome job and had epic restarts. He was super sharp, for sure! But eventually it went okay, and we were able to do decent laptimes. Than I got lose with Jarl after the last SC of the race. Man man man, it was the most epic drafting I've ever had. We must have had some telepathy between eachother or something, because I still don't know how we did it. We had no contact via TS, but still it seemed like we just felt what the other was going to do. It was truely a pleasure driving with him! The laptimes were very very very good. Mid to 36.23 all the time, I was surprised that we got such a big gab to the field, I think we had over 1/3rd of a lap lead on the 2nd group. And than the last lap... I had been thinking about how I was going to beat him but really I couldn't see any weakness. I had an idea, but that went pretty much overboard when Jarl decided to stick behind me after T2. I just did what my intuition told me to do, and that was go high, slow a bit down so you force the guy behind you passed you and get in his draft and beat him. But he stuck behind, so I had a massive disadvantage. I just slammed on the trottle again, cut to the inside to surprise him and luckilly he fell for it. I won by 0.02 seconds! Un-be-f*cking-livable...

Now there's just one thing to say...

WHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!! YES I DID IT!!!!!!! I TOLD YOU SEB!!!!!!!!!!!

00 is mine next season:banana::bounce8:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Drifters Only ::banana::bounce8:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working so missed all of the race and cba to watch thilo's video on youtube.. i suppose there was lot of action and such
You should watch it !
love it

2011 Kyoto 500 - Live on simsport.tv by multiBC Stream II
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG