The online racing simulator
no. That is dumb.

The lowest noticable should be 15FPS.....
That's a great idea, not!
Yeah? You want people driving around with 15 fps?

No complaining about crashes then, because it's one of the main causes.

Oh wait, this is another one of those threads of people who actually do no racing online at all anymore.
I've driven MoE with less that 15FPS at some parts of the races, usually when racing i'm hitting around 25 and i have no problems, maybe you just can't drive.
A while ago I was racing in MoE/IGTC with 15-25 FPS at start of races. Thankfully I was able to upgrade a bit. I believe my team mate Simon however still races with very low FPS, and he has nearly everything in LFS turned off graphics-wise.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah? You want people driving around with 15 fps?

No complaining about crashes then, because it's one of the main causes.

Oh wait, this is another one of those threads of people who actually do no racing online at all anymore.

Dave i told you the main reason of the low fps on some machines, the load of objects on the track, more objects = less fps, to add when someon "Hit" that object ( Such a bale or tires ) The fps can be drasticaly low in some cases

Do a test by yourself on the server , load a oc without obj ( just leave the important ones Like barriers and fences) Then the rest took it off and you will see the diff
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I've driven MoE with less that 15FPS at some parts of the races ... maybe you just can't drive.

maybe you do not realise you just can't drive, like everybody else with low fps. And then, worst of all, blaming others.

It's not only the screen which affects your racing experience (60 Hz / 15 fps = 400% screen lag)

But it affects also the steering wheel and your internet connection because the CPU has no time anymore to properly handle the requests. 2011 and people still cannot achieve a proper FPS rate. And then asking for more patches en graphical updates. Fail with a very big F.

Like I said before. People should get auto spectated. Only option for proper racing. These people spoil it for everybody else.

@Inouva, you do not share your graphic settings, why should I listen to you?

If a four year old laptop can achieve an average of 50 fps+ with at least 2x AA, every machine can.

Quote from peterules :We already have names for these configs IE A12/KY32 etc, so why can't we maximise the potential of these new layouts and cut out the bits we don't use? Not only would it help people understand the layout but would help us people with "mid-range" pc's cope with it

Pete, that's a good idea, requires some more work though.

But... I must also say... there's something wrong in your settings that forces such a FPS drop. I have a PC with parts that were made when dinosaurs walked the Earth, but still get much more out of it than you do, with NONE of the settings set to lowest. In fact... most are set to high. Win XP
Quote from cargame.nl :If your FPS drops below 30 in non cruise mode, you should get auto spectated.

Great idea! Otherwise there are too many people racing in all leagues,but we (like Matt on his Fox Junior) want max 15 per race,right?

But seriously - that's bull****. I usually get 30+ fps (even with my in-built graphics card),but then someone decides to dive into some movable objects (like bales or tires) and my (and I'm sure,I'm not the only one) fps drops below 30 because of that and I get spectated - end of the race. Fair?
SCAVIER need to start to make this opentracks as closedtracks and modify it with apex etc. I hope they are doing it...
Quote from cargame.nl :

@Inouva, you do not share your graphic settings, why should I listen to you?

If a four year old laptop can achieve an average of 50 fps+ with at least 2x AA, every machine can.

A four years laptop can have a C2D or Dual core, and is a faster cpu that a P4 3.2ghz, for the simple fact that the microarchitectures is better and faster

Mi settings on lfs

As i told you, lfs deman more CPU that GPU

The funny thing, i can run crysis 2 on mediun with 25-30fps all the time and when someon hit a object ( Like the incident of fern bay ) I have a massive fps loss, otherwise even on SC OC in a full grid start i have 25 fps
Try these settings, with something like 16bit 1280x720 fullscreen, perhaps with LFS in high priority mode and tell me how much you get...
Attached images
graphicsoptions.jpg
miscoptions.jpg
Quote from boothy :Try these settings, with something like 16bit 1280x720 fullscreen, perhaps with LFS in high priority mode and tell me how much you get...

I dont play on 1280 i have a old crt so max res is 1024x768

And no, i wont use 16bit so lfs looks like crap
Quote from boothy :Try these settings, with something like 16bit 1280x720 fullscreen, perhaps with LFS in high priority mode and tell me how much you get...

If want better FPS, than need to turn of shadows completely.
I run lfs at everything maxed out (even in nvidia control panel) and at open configs I get 20+ fps (well, when the start grid is full, I get ~10 or less).

My pc: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1,8 GHz (single core), 2gb RAM, 1 gb VRAM (actually, my win 7 professional shows it is 512 mb, but I know it is 1 gb and my previous windows, windows xp showed 1 gb).
Quote from Sobis :I run lfs at everything maxed out (even in nvidia control panel) and at open configs I get 20+ fps (well, when the start grid is full, I get ~10 or less).

My pc: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1,8 GHz (single core), 2gb RAM, 1 gb VRAM (actually, my win 7 professional shows it is 512 mb, but I know it is 1 gb and my previous windows, windows xp showed 1 gb).

who wants to play with only 20fps?
Quote :who wants to play with only 20fps?

well evidently you dont even want to play...
Quote from Sobis :

My pc: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1,8 GHz (single core), 2gb RAM, 1 gb VRAM

So, where is the graphics card?

Quote from Sobis :I run lfs at everything maxed out (even in nvidia control panel) and at open configs I get 20+ fps (well, when the start grid is full, I get ~10 or less).

If you have these kind of poor results, why max everything out? Sigh...
I run LFS @ 1920x1080:32bit, max AA in LFS + max AA in CCC. I have everything in CCC set to quality n'stead of performance.

i still get 60+ fps while driving on a normal server. sure, i hit ~40'ish when im near all the other cars and someone hits something that can be moved..

Also, with computerparts so goddamn cheap these days, why not just save some money, and then go buy uptodate parts?
Quote from Feffe85 :Also, with computerparts so goddamn cheap these days, why not just save some money, and then go buy uptodate parts?

Let's not start this again,please? Already was one discussion about something like this. "Cheap" is VERY relative term - for some 200€ is weekly spend,for other - monthly income. We're living in very different economical societys,financial possibilitys really vary in different countrys.

PS. Latvian goverment sucks!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Your online stats, for example?

Well, my game must be bugged for not recording single player stats then. I just downloaded the game anyways, I rather learn in sp first.
Quote from Eclipsed :Let's not start this again,please? Already was one discussion about something like this. "Cheap" is VERY relative term - for some 200€ is weekly spend,for other - monthly income. We're living in very different economical societys,financial possibilitys really vary in different countrys.

PS. Latvian goverment sucks!

Well, i get like 800€ a month from the ones in charge here in Sweden. Its not much to live on as my rent is 400€/month..

But yeah i see ur point mate, still i didnt mean it like you took it All i meant was that if you just save a little now and then, in not too long you'll have the money for at least a small upgrade..

Cheers!
For my laptop the problem is in this new version, the fps drops a lot after a while..

when I enter the game I reach the 100 fps limit with no problem (as always since I have this laptop). The problem is after a while when suddenly the fps drop to 8!!! that never happened before this version and many people assume it's because of the hardware. It's not because I can run other games with the same fps as always and after I ran several, and very long, system checks, everything looks fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG