The online racing simulator
London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
The cops will end up charging that lot too.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Are they the people who are going to clean up after?

I think so, I read earlier that people were arranging to do it via twitter/bookface etc.
Quote from DeKo :Do you live your life in some kind of Only Fools and Horses fantasy life, Intrepid? Fancy cleaning a chandelier for me?

I'll do that I just do what I need to do.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that our habitual BBC public funding complainer doesn't actually contribute any tax to the economy at all.

I'm terribly shocked, for one.
Haha. Boris on BBC News. What a legend.
Quote from JPeace :Oh look another off-topic thread, fancy that! Can we not use this thread as another bash-Intrepid opportunity?

Any thread covering a political topic will descend into an Intrepid bash on account of him being the most far-right active poster in a community populated predominantly with lefties. This is further compounded by Intrepid insisting he is left wing, and that communism is representative of the far right...
Quote from Becky Rose :Any thread covering a political topic will descend into an Intrepid bash on account of him being the most far-right active poster in a community populated predominantly with lefties. This is further compounded by Intrepid insisting he is left wing, and that communism is representative of the far right...

Becky you know full well political spectrums are useless. I am not sure anyone actually uses these terms any more. Anyway I am not far-right, that's complete bile. A belief in social & economic freedom is not someone of the 'far-right'. And if you think that, then you're very much mistaken.
Quote from JPeace :In fact, any topic that contains religious, political, racial or cultural beliefs in it will end in argument, you simply cannot discuss these topics on a forum on the internet in my opinion. This is not one persons fault, its just the way things are.

What's so bad about having an argument?
Quote from Intrepid :Becky you know full well political spectrums are useless. I am not sure anyone actually uses these terms any more. Anyway I am not far-right, that's complete bile. A belief in social & economic freedom is not someone of the 'far-right'. And if you think that, then you're very much mistaken.

Of course you are not far right Intrepid, you are a leftie like the rest of us who just happens to hold far right views. Move along, nothing to see here

Anyone else here think the job description Intrepid gave was "professional burglar"?
If I think those kids are knobheads for trashing small businesses does that make me far right too?
Quote from Electrik Kar :If I think those kids are knobheads for trashing small businesses does that make me far right too?

Nope, I think we are all in agreement on that. The difference is whether you want to shoot them as a preventative measure or not.
Quote from Becky Rose :Of course you are not far right Intrepid, you are a leftie like the rest of us who just happens to hold far right views. Move along, nothing to see here

Anyone else here think the job description Intrepid gave was "professional burglar"?

I think you're confused as to what as far-right person actually is. Though I think the political spectrum is deeply flawed and often conflicted hence why it's extremely out-dated now. If you really think I am 'far-right' you're not as smart as I thought you were.
If the government officially declare it as riots than I think the state, and thus tax-payer, is liable to foot the bill. If not then it remains for business owners to rely on insurance.
Quote from Intrepid :I think you're confused as to what as far-right person actually is. Though I think the political spectrum is deeply flawed and often conflicted hence why it's extremely out-dated now. If you really think I am 'far-right' you're not as smart as I thought you were.

In other words, "the political spectrum is outdated because I don't like where other people think I fall on it."
Derry has sent an away team to compete in the 2011 UK rioting championships. Hide your busses folks, the Derry bohys are in town.
Quote from DeKo :Do you live your life in some kind of Only Fools and Horses fantasy life, Intrepid? Fancy cleaning a chandelier for me?

He would but he hurt his arm when he fell through the bar last night.
Quote from JPeace :Can we not use this thread as another bash-Intrepid opportunity?

That'd be like not looting during a riot. Commendable yet appallingly un-British at the same time. The repercussions of such an action might even create a situation in life that not even Intrepid himself has personally experienced himself personally - himself.
Chavs!
Scum.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that our habitual BBC public funding complainer doesn't actually contribute any tax to the economy at all.

Conservatives dodging tax? Impossible.

Interesting really, I think we've seen behind his internet facade and from here it looks like I can see a hypocrite.
Quote from Becky Rose :Nope, I think we are all in agreement on that. The difference is whether you want to shoot them as a preventative measure or not.

Well this reframes things. Tbh, I assumed that the few posts calling for a crackdown with rubber bullets and tear gas were a bit of a put on, so I didn't take them seriously. I guess my beef is more about the thing that Intrepid bought up in post #17- that people are gonna use this episode to as a means of reinforcement of thier own hard line political opinions, instead of seeing it as a bunch of kids being knobs (whatever the original justification was, it's gone past that). I'll bet money that there are serious people scribbling away right now about how this is the 'face of multiculturalism' or something, and we've already witnessed the counterarguments from the left. Just smells like (adult) demagoguery to me. Sorry.

London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG