The online racing simulator
2011 Fia WTCC
(77 posts, started )
The 1998 pole in Macao was a 2.29.341
The 2010 pole in Macao was a 2:31.321

Well the 1998 time was on some German page I don't trust, but don't forget that 2001 there was a FIA European Cup with Supertouringcars (also organised by Mr. Lotti and Eurosport) and the results are on the old ETCC page, wich is still available under http://www.fiatouringcars.com/

Monza Pole in 2001 Gabriele Tarquini (JAS Engineering Italia IP / Honda Accord) 1:54.676
Monza Pole in 2005 Dirk Müller (Schnitzer / BMW 320si) 1:59.009 *alltime S2000 record*
Monza Pole in 2011 Robert Huff (Team Chevrolet / Chevrolet Cruze 1.6T) 1:59.034

Monza Fastest Lap in 2001 Gabriele Tarquini (JAS Engineering Italia IP / Honda Accord) 1:55.770
Monza Fastest Lap in 2005 Jörg Müller (Schnitzer / BMW 320si) 1:59.058 *alltime S2000 record*
Monza Fastest Lap in 2011 Yvan Muller (Team Chevrolet / Chevrolet Cruze 1.6T) 1:59.355

There was also Brno, but it rained in 2001. Hungaroring was modified meanwhile, so was Zolder, which means Monza is the only compareable track.
Quote from Mazdaratie :Isn't it 1600 cc turbocharged engines from this year on?

It is for WTCC. Meanwhile, most of the BTCC field is running is running on the "new" 2 liters turbo NGTC engine. The most notable exceptions are Chevrolet and BMW, which I belive are still running 2 liters, normally aspirated engines.
Chevrolet - the 2011 FIA WTCC Manufacter Champion.

Michelisz doing donuts in last turn of last lap dropping down from P2 to P7.

BMWs crashing each other out from top 3 ending in gravel.

Chevrolet being silent hunter getting top 3 in last turn of last lap.

Facepalm at some of the drivers mistakes from race 2 as well as racing immaturity.

Interesting Muller vs. Huff battle still ongoing.

Volvo looking so good before its first proper season with 3 cars in 2012.

Those were some moments from Race 2. Race 1 missed.
next year's provisional calendar is revealed...

11 March - Monza, Italy
1 April - Valencia, Spain
15 April - Donington Park, UK
29 April - TBA, Germany OR Salzburgring, Austria
6 May - Budapest, Hungary
20 May - Marrakech, Morocco
10 June - Porto, Portugal
22 July - Curitiba, Brazil
23 September - Infineon Raceway Sonoma, USA
21 October - Suzuka, Japan
4 November - Shanghai International Circuit, China, OR Tianma International Circuit
18 November - Guia Circuit, Macau

only the Suzuka race is a confirmed date. 6 events collide with F1 events, but they are always in a different timezone. Oschersleben confirmed they will not host a WTCC event in 2012. The track manager does not expect any other German track to jump in and host the German round. The Salzburgring will be the backup track. Should the ETCC return to the Salzburgring, they might feeder the WTCC round due to enviromental protection laws and the resulting limitation for motorsport events on Austrian tracks. Also, due to a cooperation between the WTCC and the Chinese Touring Car Championship (CTCC), the WTCC moved to Shanghai for the Chinese race. It still needs to be decided where the race will take place, on the F1 track, the Shanghai International Circuit, or the Tianma International Circuit which is a regular CTCC track. The Brazilian round will again take place at the Autodromo Internatcional de Curitiba, although it was reported earlier this year that it would be moved to Interlagos. The circuito da Boavista sees it's first world championship race in back to back years. Marrakesh gets another chance and Budapest now subsitutes Brno.
Infineon? One year from today? It must be a sign.
Sad about Brno, but I'm glad they're coming to Hungary again. I'll be there.
FIA now announced the Chinese race this and next year will be held at the Tianma Circuit, located in a western suburb of Shanghai.

Looks like a reversed version of the Red Bull Ring from the map
Does anyone else worry about the safety standards on Chinese tracks? I know it's an emerging market and all, but is this track really safe?

Though the WTCC cars seem to be pretty safe themselves...
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Does anyone else worry about the safety standards on Chinese tracks? I know it's an emerging market and all, but is this track really safe?

Though the WTCC cars seem to be pretty safe themselves...

Well it is deemed safe enough by the FIA. It has got an FIA Grade 3 License. (Grade 5 is Formula 1 Race, Grade 4+ is Formula 1 Test, Grade 4 Tracks for any World Championship Race, Grade 3 Tracks for WTCC and any international race, please correct me if I'm wrong!!!)
Anyone wants to go to Budapest next year? The promoters announced, that it will be entrance free No Hungarian forint to pay

EDIT: There is a chance, that there will be a Peugeot 308 in Shanghai and Macau. The car was entered in the STCC. If it fulfills the WTCC rules, they might be racing.
Quote from TFalke55 :EDIT: There is a chance, that there will be a Peugeot 308 in Shanghai and Macau. The car was entered in the STCC. If it fulfills the WTCC rules, they might be racing.

Where's the issue, actually? STCC has also been running S2000s over the last few years.

TouringCarTimes did not mention any regulation issues and presented this as a done deal more or less: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=6870
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Where's the issue, actually? STCC has also been running S2000s over the last few years.

TouringCarTimes did not mention any regulation issues and presented this as a done deal more or less: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=6870

There is a difference between national (STCC) and international (WTCC) homulogations. I doubt there will be a problem. As you mentioned STCC but they need to check the 308 into every detail.
#43 - JJ72
it might not be dangerous but it is a characterless little track.
Quote from TFalke55 :Anyone wants to go to Budapest next year? The promoters announced, that it will be entrance free No Hungarian forint to pay

After cancellation of Brno, at least this is some great news for me! I am really thinking about it, however it's kinda far away right now. Don't forget to remind me next year 2 weeks before Hungaroring, please.
That's weird, I read it won't be free. Well that was few months ago. Doesn't really matter, I'll be there anyway.
#47 - JJ72
Another client of mine Charles Ng will be driving a Engstler motorsports BMW for the three remaining rounds.
Quote from JJ72 :Another client of mine Charles Ng will be driving a Engstler motorsports BMW for the three remaining rounds.

Could you get me some free seats in his BMW, please? I am former LFS'er with 3 years of practice so "shock-o-meter-to-maximum" from my laptimes is guaranteed.
Wow, touring cars at Suzuka this weekend. Not full layout, but west circuit of the complex. Looking foward, hopefully there will be great battle
So... Menu showing that he still has what it takes, with a gutsy move on Muller for the race 1 win. Engstler breaking the Chevy domination with a flag to flag race 2 win. Volvo showing mighty pace, but running out of luck again. O'Young going from race 2 pole to T1 gravel trap thanks to Tarquini. Arai showing his rallying experience, and Muller reminding everyone he is a former ice racing champion.

Eventful event overall, although the track doesn't seem to be suiting the touring cars so well. Too few overtaking opportunities. Too bad they're not taking the GP track here; could be quite interresting to see everyone would cope with Degner, Spoon and 130R.

2011 Fia WTCC
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG