The online racing simulator
Domestic Violence.
(47 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :I never feel threatened by a women as a men.......

I think this is the core of the issue. The view just seems to be that how could a woman hurt a man? Or how could a man be afraid of a woman? Well of course it is possible.

There was some time ago a perfect incident that happened in Finland. Basically a man (and their children) was threatened with violence and beaten by a woman and he called the emergency number. The response from the emergency number was "are you really getting your ass whipped by a woman?". Also he asked his weight and height. To top it off when the person at the emergency center found out they both had the same weight he said "well that's fair fight then". The message that I get was that the man just should have made the bitch not forget her place...?

Then later the issue was discussed in a discussion show and it was just pretty astonishing how some people just couldn't believe a woman could hurt a man. It was like they were trying to tell them world is flat.

We are not talking about just mental and physical abuse here. Who gets the children when they divorce and who gets a criminal record are also important aspects of it.

The social situation seems be that women are always seen as victims. In cases of domestic violence the women are just fighting back. What becky said about the world being a bit different for women and men is of course important to acknowledge though. Being a man I've never felt any fear of any kind despite being shit drunk in middle of nowhere walking home from bar through dark lonely road in the middle of the night. Apart from polar bears and trees falling on me there's nothing I need to worry about. And I am (was) pretty sure i could handle a polar bear.
I'm far more worried about a girl lying to the police about domestic violence against her than actually being involved in domestic violence.

Becky that constant vigilance is something that men go through as well. Except in our case an example is no man in his right mind puts himself in a situation where he is alone with someone else's children for any reason. It's not women or children men are afraid of, its the fact that they will go to prison if either of them makes false allegations.
FWIW I used to live with a girl who would get drunk and violent sometimes, she had a go at me with scissors once, a ballpoint pen once, bit of a nutter. I ended up breaking her nose one night when she bit my hand and wouldn't let go.

Whereas the girl I live with now has a 'funny joke' she does in public places, where she reacts as if she thought I was going to hit her - cowering and covering her face. It's funny around people we know, but not in the supermarket...
In think you need to exercise some quality control regarding the people you go out with....
Quote from thisnameistaken :FWIW I used to live with a girl who would get drunk and violent sometimes, she had a go at me with scissors once, a ballpoint pen once, bit of a nutter. I ended up breaking her nose one night when she bit my hand and wouldn't let go.

So how did the story end? Or was that it? She didnt call the cops on you?
Quote from DevilDare :So how did the story end? Or was that it? She didnt call the cops on you?

He never said she let go so it's safe to assume that she's still biting his hand. Which explains a lot.
Quote from DevilDare :So how did the story end? Or was that it? She didnt call the cops on you?

No she apologised and I drove her to the hospital covered in blood. Not one of the high points of my life to be honest. A month or so later I moved out (took a while because it involved transcontinental travel).
what happened to your live in pig (not the girl!) then? did you just leave it with the nutter?
It was her pig. She ended up getting married to a tenor sax player I used to be in a band with, the pig died three years ago apparently.
Quote from flymike91 :I'm far more worried about a girl lying to the police about domestic violence against her than actually being involved in domestic violence.

Becky that constant vigilance is something that men go through as well. Except in our case an example is no man in his right mind puts himself in a situation where he is alone with someone else's children for any reason. It's not women or children men are afraid of, its the fact that they will go to prison if either of them makes false allegations.

Such a paranoid world you live in...
Quote from thisnameistaken :It was her pig.

you should have at least sued her for shared custody
its inhumane to leave a defenseless pig with a person like that
flymike: "women and babies are the REAL terrorists!"
lets throw some women and children into the boston harbour
Quote from Shotglass :you should have at least sued her for shared custody

He did, that's how it died.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :flymike: "women and babies are the REAL terrorists!"

Leave me alone already I don't talk shit about you, ever.
Come now, that was but a gentle ribbing.
whatever. If you try to get me to stoop to your level again just know that It's never going to happen.
there we go with the persecution complex again...
Flymike relax. You are like one of the women in the stories . Flying off your hook for no reason.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Such a paranoid world you live in...

I do the same stuff...mum used to run a family daycare for a little bit, and i never let myself be alone with the kids when i used to live at home. The scheme that sets it all up REALLY drilled it into your head that no one should be alone with the kids except the day carer, as it is a lot more common than you think for parents to acuse people of things.

That, and i've seen first hand when a friend of mine almost got charges laid against him for assault after he cheated on his gf. While he had it coming to him, that could have ****ed up his entire life as he works a government job (Any charges = instantly fired)
Quote from flymike91 :I'm far more worried about a girl lying to the police about domestic violence against her than actually being involved in domestic violence.

That's f'd up. This concludes my contribution to this thread.
having had sluts do everything from pour drinks on me to smash them attempt to shank me with the bottle So i can tell you.

I know some bad men, really bad men; their wifes are x10 times more dangerous.

Domestic Violence.
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG