The online racing simulator
Quick Question LFS forza players...
okay so i heard about LFS a while back. but wasnt really interested because forza 3 was just comming out and i had been drifting in forza since #1.
now LFS has gotten more of my interest cuz of all the good stuff i been hearing.

im considering buy LFS and if i do so, im going to but a set of logitech steering wheel and pedals too.
so my question is.....
Is LFS better than forza in the driving sim aspect?.
and/or
Is it worth it to pay for it and but the steering wheel or should i just used a joystick?.

lmk guys. im anxious to meet new fellow drifters.
Interesting question I guess the answer can be provided with another.

Is sex better than pong?
In My Opinion,
Lfs physics wise is better than forza.
But Graphics wise Forza is better.

However myself would choose LFS because the physics are great and you have fun online.
So i suggest you should by LFS and for a bonus by a good wheel.

Thanks!
It is pretty difficult to answer as Forza is a console game and LFS is a computer game. Consoles (for what reason, I don't know) seem not to be able to deliver a good driving physic. However a wheel is always good, but you need to look out for a good XBox 360 wheel, as there are pretty crap ones out there.
Quote from TFalke55 : Consoles (for what reason, I don't know) seem not to be able to deliver a good driving physic..

As a lot of people can tell, it's because of sales rate.
#6 - Nick7
simulations -> hard to play -> kids crash everywhere -> kids don't want to play -> less sales -> make game 'arcade' -> all n00bs can drive -> sales go up -> make more arcade 'simulations'

... a bit simplified how it goes
LFS + kb/mouse/joystick = fun...
LFS + G25/27/similar = incredible!
#8 - Myffe
LFS is wayyyyy more realistic.
#9 - Sobis
Quote from iRiE_SLyDAH808 :steering wheel or should i just used a joystick?.

Hello, if you want to get most the fun out of the LFS, you need a wheel, because it is way better!
Quote from FPVaaron :Interesting question I guess the answer can be provided with another.

Is sex better than pong?

bahaha, okay.
ive got my answer. thanks guys. ill be on as soon as my wheel gets in.
gonna order it soon.
for now im jus driving with a logitech dual joystick.

thanks everyone for the input. i figured forza was pretty realistic.....guess not. lmao.
Quote from Ingolf :LFS + kb/mouse/joystick = fun...
LFS + G25/27/similar = incredible!

not really... its Very specific on the wheel you use, A gt and a g25 are worlds apart and a fanatec is miles above them.
Quote from theirishnoob :not really... its Very specific on the wheel you use, A gt and a g25 are worlds apart and a fanatec is miles above them.

When referring to G25/27 and similar I did not really picture such gears as the GT. I did however count Fanatec as a similar wheel since these brands are often compared in reviews. The pros & cons between these wheels are subject to personal preferences imo. According to you it is way better than G2X. Good.
In short, the point of my comment is: LFS + "a good wheel" = fantastic gameplay as compared to driving with kb/mouse/joystick/bad wheel. And that relates to the OP. Hope I made it more clear.
LFS is much more rewarding in terms of actual satisfaction just given from the pure driving element. Sure you can't upgrade your cars and add silly spoilers, but that's not what LFS is about - it's about the driving.

In terms of driving + specifically oversteer physics, nothing comes close to LFS with a good wheel.
Quote from Nick7 :simulations -> hard to play -> kids crash everywhere -> kids don't want to play -> less sales -> make game 'arcade' -> all n00bs can drive -> sales go up -> make more arcade 'simulations'

... a bit simplified how it goes

This
LFS is better than Forza as it lets u control the car 100% unlike in Forza where the always on steering aid makes u understeer off the road more than anything else...

U can also go from corner to corner in LFS using weight transfer to get the car round instead of Forzas having to handbrake at every other corner to get the front wheels to turn in..
I think forza is well done for a console game where most of the people playing (like me) will be using a game pad. It's realistic enough. LFS is a much better simulator but if you're having the kind of trouble that foilpact is having then you just havent learned how to drive in forza at all. I have no issues using weight transfer or have uncontrollable understeer. Hell, LFS can feel the same way to people who dont know what the feel of the game is.
Quote from mcintyrej :LFS is much more rewarding in terms of actual satisfaction just given from the pure driving element. Sure you can't upgrade your cars and add silly spoilers, but that's not what LFS is about - it's about the driving.

In terms of driving + specifically oversteer physics, nothing comes close to LFS with a good wheel.

Yes. I have G25, Xbox360, iracing id & a BMW with manual transmission & LSD, and I can drift at public touge. LFS has the most realistic oversteer simulation physics.
Thanks guys for all your input. I just got my wheel. Got the g27. I'm jusst starting to get the hang of it. Forza is no way close to the LFS physics. I love my wheel, what wheel would u guys have recomended?... anyways, Can't wait to do some drifting with everybody!.
-
(HarryGillman) DELETED by HarryGillman : nobody cares anymore :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG