The online racing simulator
Quote from wien :I think it's important not to run the "christian fundamentalist" angle too hard...

That phrase was more like a sarcastic view on things... I'm not sure if there was "christian fundamentalist" phrase at all...
I went for that because he proclaimed himself as some kind of a crusader, that he does that in the name of the Christ and Norwegian culture, opposed to Muslims and "non-believing" Marxists. It is a kind of extremism, based on his religion.

I don't see it as "us v.s. them", but I see them more like both groups joining forces in bringing more devastation to just simple, ordinary civilians, first of all... that's why I asked "why everybody has to take a piss on civilians". I can understand Muslim extremists targeting Pentagon, I can understand him targeting that government building, but I can't understand targeting places crowded with only civilians. Why were they to blame?

I just can't say enough how much I feel for you Norwegian people.
It's not very hard to understand, the AUF are the youth of DNA. Historically, they are really supporters of Marxism. I think a key point to the attack was the fact that it was so isolated - the bomb was merely a distraction, giving him forever to kill people on the island.

Post 1111 ftw.
Quote from sermilan :That phrase was more like a sarcastic view on things...

Ah, okay, that's fair enough. The reason I reacted to it is that I've seen that phrase used by a lot of media reporting on this, and I feel it kind of ignores his real motivation. It kind of brushes if off as "just another religious nutjob" when that's not at all what his motivation was.

Quote from sermilan :but I can't understand targeting places crowded with only civilians. Why were they to blame?

To him they weren't civilians. They were members of the ruling party's youth movement so he viewed them as the enemy's next generation. He referred to these kids as "Stoltenberg-jungend" (in reference to Hitler-jungend, Stoltenberg is our prime minister), which tells you all you need to know about how he viewed his victims.

Quote from sermilan :I just can't say enough how much I feel for you Norwegian people.

Thank you. It's very much appreciated (that goes for everyone expressing their condolences here).
Quote from TehPaws3D :Well, The US has been saying that for ten years and counting, I think it's safe to say we all hate the ****s in the middle east, Not the innocent people that happened to be born there.

Sad that stuff like this happens. :/

Was my mistake blaming them first, for that I am sorry, I let a moment of rage controll me there
I find very odd how he believed Multiculturalism was an invention made by a person and or persons and not just a result of people of different origins being in one place.
Multiculturalism is a way of dealing with cultural differences on special asssumptions taken by person or persons.
Assumptions are - all cultures can coexist mutually honoring their values and problems resolve peacefully.
Problem is that some values are contradictory.
>wien
keep up the good work you are doing in this thread!!!

In my local comunity(2000 people) has one missing person and one criticaly injured!! it's just horrible!!!
Do you have this detail - was he taken by the police or was he waiting for them?
Newspages tells that he gave himself up to the police. If this is true or not we don't know yet, but I belive it's the truth.

He now wants as much as publicity as possible, to share his veiws with the world, therfor he want the court meeting on monday to be done with open doors / with the press.

I don't think that is going to happend.
Quote from The Very End :Newspages tells that he gave himself up to the police. If this is true or not we don't know yet, but I belive it's the truth.

He now wants as much as publicity as possible, to share his veiws with the world, therfor he want the court meeting on monday to be done with open doors / with the press.

I don't think that is going to happend.

I really hope everybody can see through it. If he is allowed to speak publicly about his beliefs and reasons, it means he won. The more publicity he gets, the more followers he's likely to find - just the fact that since yesterday the whole world will remember his name and face forever is bad enough.
Quote from MadCatX :I really hope everybody can see through it. If he is allowed to speak publicly about his beliefs and reasons, it means he won. The more publicity he gets, the more followers he's likely to find - just the fact that since yesterday the whole world will remember his name and face forever is bad enough.

Completely agree!
I asked of how he had been detained because he had lots of ammo left - if he waited for police looks like he made his deathcount.
Quote from AndRand :I asked of how he had been detained because he had lots of ammo left - if he waited for police looks like he made his deathcount.

According to his "manifesto", it's all part of his plan. He sees the trial as a way of getting his message out, so being captured alive was important to him. That's why he surrendered immediately. Hopefully the judge will order a closed hearing to keep the worst of the media attention away, but I don't think his "message" will have the effect he desires either way.
Quote from wien :...but I don't think his "message" will have the effect he desires either way.

I'm kinda afraid it might. It's impossible to tell how many people calling for elimination of the "cultural Marxists" (whatever that means) are there. Committing an inhuman massacre is one thing, but explaining it in a "logical" way like he's about to could inspire other people of the same beliefs to turn their ideas into actions - which I guess was Breivik's plans all along.
Quote from MadCatX :I'm kinda afraid it might. It's impossible to tell how many people calling for elimination of the "cultural Marxists" (whatever that means) are there. Committing an inhuman massacre is one thing, but explaining it in a "logical" way like he's about to could inspire other people of the same beliefs to turn their ideas into actions - which I guess was Breivik's plans all along.

Yeah, people are wicket and who knows - he might even have som followers Hopefully it gets a closed trial, then he gets maximum punishment. In Norway that's 21 years, and then after that they can still keep him in police custody / beeing watched 24/7 for the rest of the life.
Quote from The Very End :Yeah, people are wicket and who knows - he might even have som followers Hopefully it gets a closed trial, then he gets maximum punishment. In Norway that's 21 years, and then after that they can still keep him in police custody / beeing watched 24/7 for the rest of the life.

Still that is SO small amount, 21 years compared to 94 (I am sorry if I am wrong) dead and hundreds of other people involved... I don't get why you'd get a chance to even get out from a dark corner of prison where you should stay for rest of your life. I will never understand this.
I think the main aspect with Norway prison is to try rehabilitating the prisoners, making them fit for the society. Instead of getting the jail birds that does crimes the second after they are relased, Norway strives to somewhat educate them. They can take school classes and more, with the purpose of making them a good citicens. Alltho I think it has it's flaws, I support the system, tho I miss a life-time punishment. But, most of the people getting 21 year sentences, will for the most of their life be carefully watched by the government so they canot do anything bad again.

I belive in the system, but I see it's shortcommings, still I think it's one of the better systems (alltho I want a life time sentence in the future).
Quote from Mysho :Still that is SO small amount, 21 years compared to 94 (I am sorry if I am wrong) dead and hundreds of other people involved... I don't get why you'd get a chance to even get out from a dark corner of prison where you should stay for rest of your life. I will never understand this.

Again, the system has provisions for keeping him indefinitely if he cannot be rehabilitated, which seems likely at this point. He'll probably never be released, no matter what the sentence is.
Quote from wien :Again, the system has provisions for keeping him indefinitely if he cannot be rehabilitated, which seems likely at this point. He'll probably never be released, no matter what the sentence is.

Could you elaborate how this works and what conditions have to be met in order to have someone imprisoned indefinitely? I'm asking 'cause I have to rely on (as usual) confused and unreliable Czech media which keep repeating that 21 years is all he can get.
Quote from MadCatX :Could you elaborate how this works and what conditions have to be met in order to have someone imprisoned indefinitely? I'm asking 'cause I have to rely on (as usual) confused and unreliable Czech media which keep repeating that 21 years is all he can get.

It's simple. If the "system" finds the man not suitable for the society, in ways of acting or beliving, they can keep the person inprissoned as long as they want.
Quote from MadCatX :Could you elaborate how this works and what conditions have to be met in order to have someone imprisoned indefinitely? I'm asking 'cause I have to rely on (as usual) confused and unreliable Czech media which keep repeating that 21 years is all he can get.

From my understanding his release will be evaluated by a judge and some experts close to the release date and they will evaluate whether he still poses a threat to society. Whether he is likely to commit more crimes basically. For a person as clearly psychopathic as him they're very likely to conclude he still poses a threat.

At that point the judge may sentence him to 5 more years of confinement after which a new evaluation will be taken. There is no limit on the amount of times this can happen, so effectively, he can be kept for the rest of his life.
He used dum-dum bullets too... Sick fu*k.
Not a single word by him shall go public!! Of course journalists will try to do the opposite...
Just can't believe how terrible this is I don't have words for it.

I'm not meaning this with any disrespect whatsoever but I kind of wonder why some people didn't just mob the guy and beat him to a pulp? Guns or not, not much he could do against a mob; I know people would've still gotten shot but maybe not 90+ dead
Probably cause they're too used to that easy and comfortable life, and no disrespect aswell, but that whole event is so naive. It's a political event ffs, not toddlers and tiaras finale, Norway has their forces in Iraq and Afghanistan etc, there should've been police there, not to mention it was on an island to make it worse.. And if that happened in Serbia i think some guys would definately tried to have a go at him..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG