The online racing simulator
Oslo (Norway) struck by terror bomb and several killed in shooting attack
Edit: This is an ongoing update, and I'll continue to update the latest news given. Please scroll down to "updates".
Also be aware that there are graphic strong pictures in this topic.

And then it happend, even the spoilet brat in the north got bombed to hell and back, ref: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011 ... apital-injuries-reported/

So far there are 3 deaths and several wounded (norwegian news). What we know at the current state is that it's a car bomb that whent off close to some important government buildings in the heart of Oslo. The bomb itself were very powerfull, and it's reported that windows within the closest km is blown out, 100+M from the bomb itself the buildings have recived great damage.

UPDATES:

Several shots have been heard close to the city, on a place called Utøya. There were an meeting going on at the time, and a man dressed up as a police officer started to fire around. There is 700 people at the meeting, and how many who might be injured or killed here is unknown, all that is know is that police forces are securing the area as we speak.

- 18:20 News about this is that there are several people that is confirmed shot, but still unclear
- 18:41 5 people are shot at Utøya, 4 is belived to be dead. Situation still unclear, and the same goes for the bomb
- 18:48 There is reports that there is dead people inside the buildings sorounding the bomb area, how many are at this point unclear
- 19:23 The shoter at Utøya is caught. The man has nordic aperance, and it's belived he has no connection to the bomb
- 19:30 All military bases in Norway are put in alert state, which means every military flight aviable in the norwegian airforce is ready to defend / attack if nessesary
- 19:35 Rumors on Twitters tells that the organization "Helpers of Global Jihad" claims responsibility for Oslo bombing (now proven wrong)
- 19:45 7 is confirmed dead in the bombing, while rumors tells of 10 shot (unclear of wounded or dead) on Utøya
- 20:24 Interveiw with one from Utøya tells there roughly was around 30 people beeing hit. There is scheduled a press conference 20:30 about this
- 20:30 The high-speed trains in Oslo are stoped and evacuated after an bomb warning (now proven wrong / false alarm)
- 21:35 10 people confirmed dead on Utøya, 10+ seriously enjured. 7 deaths in the Oslo bombing
- 07:37 87 people are now confirmed dead. 80 in Utøya, 7 in the bombing. The police are affraight the death count will increase
- There are now confirmed 91 deaths releated to this incident
25.07.11 - The death count will likely be decreased some, due to incorrect counting.
25.07.11 - 68 people are dead at Utøya, 8 from the bombing, new numbers given from police. Still too many lost lifes

More info, video and pictures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfyP9dwX48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8j9ovEdtDA
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl ... picion-islamist-militants

US media is a little behind the times with one death reported. It seems to me that some of those thousands of 'refugees' Norway has been allowing in the country unvetted and unabated were actually terrorists. Who knew?

Why Norway? You give refugees freedom, safety, democracy, and social security, so they bomb you. No good deed goes unpunished.
#3 - Jakg
Not in good taste, but the grammar in that article is terrible.
I know, we are naive
Maybe I should boil my viking blood and take some actions myself...
Well no, canot do that.

ARGH! What anoys me the most of these cases is that I just end up beeing a racist. I don't want to be that, but it's so easy to just want to say "**** you middle east" when things like that happend.
I know there is a lot wrong we do, both in the country and towards the world, but really, we have not deserved this. We even keeping this man, Mullar Krekar (or how it's spelled) in our contry, because if we send him out - he'll be excecuted, something that is against our veiws and therfor we keep him here.

I guess, as you say, good deeds are not worth anything towards the wicket mind. I guess we just have to remember that it's only a few radical ****tard religious fanatics who does this, it's not a whole people.

But meh, the politicial show that will go on for the next months are going to be interesting.

Edit: Also sorry my language, I am not great at grammar =(
#5 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :

Edit: Also sorry my language, I am not great at grammar =(

I meant the CNN article - you have an excuse (namely you know more English than I know Norweigan...)
damn it, I didn't expect skandinavia being a target (excpt maybe danmark after those caricatures

we in Germany have been lucky, like 3 independent terror cells that had plans for bombings could be stopped in the last years

edit: but only two dead, from the pics I'd expect dozens
#7 - Myffe
Just a matter of time when that will happen here
World is not what it used to be
I am updating the main post as soon as the news are coming.
Quote from flymike91 :US media is a little behind the times with one death reported. It seems to me that some of those thousands of 'refugees' Norway has been allowing in the country unvetted and unabated were actually terrorists. Who knew?

Why Norway? You give refugees freedom, safety, democracy, and social security, so they bomb you. No good deed goes unpunished.

Zero proof yet of who's responsible.
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans : durr
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Zero proof yet of who's responsible.

There are some lose rumors that there is some support organization of Al Qaida who has done this, but nothing confirmed.
Of course there are rumors.

There's also the bomb plot that was broken up last July, which is a pretty good hint, but there's no sense jumping to conclusions that haven't been established.
Jeez that's terrible. Somehow seems to be managing a surprisingly low death count though (sofar)

You ok TVE?
Yeah :/
Also there is all these idiot conspiration theories going on.

As further information regarding the shoting the subject has been caught, a male of nordic apperance. My guess is that he used the situation / copycat, and has nothing to do with the bombing.

Edit: So far so good, home at vecation, but I were hoping for a better holiday than this :s
Thanks for the understing!
Pure speculation on who is behind this at the moment. Could be Al Queda, but easliy could be local, but why let the little facts we have get in the way of blame then...

For me, I'm not sure who could be behind this. The fact that the bombing was at a governement building on a public holiday (I would imagine that if Al Queda where wanting maximuim damage they would choose a normal working day surely) also the attack on the poltical summer camp where 4 people shot and a man arrested, this does not seem the normal hallmarks of an Al Queda. This could be like a Timothy McVeigh issue just as much as an Al Queda plot.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Pure speculation on who is behind this at the moment. Could be Al Queda, but easliy could be local, but why let the little facts we have get in the way of blame then...

For me, I'm not sure who could be behind this. The fact that the bombing was at a governement building on a public holiday (I would imagine that if Al Queda where wanting maximuim damage they would choose a normal working day surely) also the attack on the poltical summer camp where 4 people shot and a man arrested, this does not seem the normal hallmarks of an Al Queda. This could be like a Timothy McVeigh issue just as much as an Al Queda plot.

Spot on, most of the peopel in Norway (who has followed this situation) is wondering the same.

Of course there is a chance the terrorist seriously ****ed up, and forgot about vecation, but history has shown that sadly - they are not completely idiots either.

There might be some ...I don't know what it is called in english, I mean right-hand politics, often assosiated with racism and nazism, either way - there is a chance that some wacked minds seriously have something against our politicans and their immigrations veiws, and therfor have done this.

I am not going to use my energy to specualate or point fingers, since it's all unclear, but I do hope there will be answers.
#16 - wien
Quote from flymike91 :US media is a little behind the times with one death reported. It seems to me that some of those thousands of 'refugees' Norway has been allowing in the country unvetted and unabated were actually terrorists. Who knew?

**** off you little shit. You don't get to use this incident to confirm your own ****ed up views when you have no evidence what so ever.
You're right wolf (edit: and wien) I jumped to conclusions. I'm just looking at groups who are in the bombing business nowadays, especially after the almost identical bombing in Sweden last year.

The separate MO's make me wonder if the bombing and shooting are separate incidents?

(edit: Breaking news is suggesting the events are separate and that the death toll is up to 7.)
Quote from flymike91 :you're right wolf I jumped to conclusions. I'm just looking groups who is are the car bombing business nowadays. I wonder if the bombing and shooting are separate incidents?

mmm the IRA where heavy into car bombing. Maybe it's the Irish?

Don't look at the methods, look at the targets.
Quote from flymike91 :you're right wolf I jumped to conclusions. I'm just looking groups who is are the car bombing business nowadays. I wonder if the bombing and shooting are separate incidents?

The police belives this, but I am unsure.
There are rumors that the last word from the subject was:
"There are two more cells in Norway which has not yet been activated"

If this is true or BS I do not know, but I hope it's BS.
Just got home 40 mins ago. Im working on Oslo and couldnt get home, so had to get picked up. Luckily, not close to the explosion. Was gonna go early today, but decided to work on a project instead. If I had left when planned, I would been extremely close to the explosion

I just cant believe how people can do this stuff. Just sick and disgusting.
**** those ****ing terrorists and ****ing people who kill each other, you can't be sure if your parents or yourself get at home safely nowadays, this is so much ****ed up. Just **** them, I hate them. Why we should live in peace, no, just put there a bomb under some random building and watch the fireworks. God, that is disgusting. I would not allow to have a privilege of living a life to anyone of these pricks.
Quote from Tomhah :Just got home 40 mins ago. Im working on Oslo and couldnt get home, so had to get picked up. Luckily, not close to the explosion. Was gonna go early today, but decided to work on a project instead. If I had left when planned, I would been extremely close to the explosion

I just cant believe how people can do this stuff. Just sick and disgusting.

Good to hear you are ok! I read on Facebook that F.Enersen also is ok, so I think the norwegian LFS community has no known lost ones.
I seriously think the government needs to step up and kill any known terrorist. catch then and kill them. Nuff said.
Quote from mutt107 :I seriously think the government needs to step up and kill any known terrorist. catch then and kill them. Nuff said.

You kill one and 5 others are born that day. That's the sad thing...
I think it's important to not lower ourself down to the terrorists level. We must be better than them, to prove them they are wrong. I agree there must be harder punishment, but death is IMO never an sollution.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG