The online racing simulator
Bigger and higher ramps
(50 posts, started )

Poll : Want bigger and higher ramps?

Yes.
No, why?
Bigger and higher ramps
Title says all...
AND IF YOU SELECT NO, PLEASE POST REASON! Please.
I bet LFS don't need but I have to say YES! (no idea why)

but only when physics are updated
It would be cool also, when you could staple objects onto another.
I vote yes, I think some "smoother" ramps would be nice too.
Live for Speed: Online Cruising and Drifting and Stunting and Flexing and Cocking-about Simulator
Quote from FPVaaron :Why wouldn't you?

Because he must tried once and he failed

EDIT: but what as Hyntty said... yeah, do we really need them? (I still say yes, but that's an original answer )
To simply put, "Do we really NEED ramps?" No... We don't NEED them.

However, I for one am not a big fan of the racing in this simulator, as I am using a keyboard. Instead, I do enjoy messing around.

Ramps can add to the "fun factor" for those that want them on servers that have them, and for the more "hardcore racers", guess what? Don't use them.

It's merely another feature into this game that could appeal to some.
Quote from Cynikal :To simply put, "Do we really NEED ramps?" No... We don't NEED them.

However, I for one am not a big fan of the racing in this simulator, as I am using a keyboard. Instead, I do enjoy messing around.

Ramps can add to the "fun factor" for those that want them on servers that have them, and for the more "hardcore racers", guess what? Don't use them.

It's merely another feature into this game that could appeal to some.

Read my signature quote :P
Well... I have seen racing where there are on use big jumps... Altough nowadays of LFS cars might not last enough about it's suspension, but it is morely like for Off-Road Trucks and buggies...

If track environment doesn't have them naturally in landscapes, then it would be good to have an additional ramps to place on in anywhere where people wants to use on them.

There is enough cruise servers and also drift servers. Many leagues run originally normal tracks + open configuration tracks so why not it would not be possible to have an unique ramps.

In Rallycross it would be possible to use "built" jumps made by dirt... I would get an orgasm to see a one.

But of course, important things 1st, then fun
Quote from Cynikal :It's merely another feature into this game that could appeal to some.

You're not living up to your name.
Quote from FPVaaron :Why wouldn't you?

Because is a racing simulator not a stunt simulator, or Netkar pro have ramps too?, or iRacing?
#16 - PoVo
Quote from Inouva :Because is a racing simulator not a stunt simulator, or Netkar pro have ramps too?, or iRacing?

Don't compare LFS with other games.
I wouldnt mind bigger ramps, but i think they will bring out the unrealistic parts of the game - im pointing at flying out of map into the infinite drop.
Quote from PoVo :Don't compare LFS with other games.

Give me a reason why i should't compare LFS with iRacing or NetkarPro, or just lfs is a racing simulator that tents to turn into a stunt simulator, iRacing and NKpro are "serius" racing sim, lfs should stick as the same...
It's too late to say a statment of the above. It's already far from a proper racing sim.

(Saying that as have tried Netkar, and constantly playing iRacing)
Quote from Kristi :It's too late to say a statment of the above. It's already far from a proper racing sim.

(Saying that as have tried Netkar, and constantly playing iRacing)

LFS is a racing simulator, The ppl who play on lfs makes the diff, cruise server's should be removed and drift too. that my pov now

You wanna cruise?, go to TDU/2, You wanna drift? go to Grid or nfs, LFS is a RACING sim.
Quote from Inouva :LFS is a racing simulator, The ppl who play on lfs makes the diff, cruise server's should be removed and drift too. that my pov now

You wanna cruise?, go to TDU/2, You wanna drift? go to Grid or nfs, LFS is a RACING sim.

Can't see where's the problem, cruisers and drifters usually keep clear from race servers. And even if they didn't, the LFS race community is so much full of immature kids these days that a few more numpties from drift/cruise wouldn't change much. If for some reason you have a real problem with them, turn the cruise filter on, avoid their servers, problem solved.

However, cruise/drift people do provide a lot of good money for development by buying S2, and this cannot be negligated. And surely they didn't affect the way LFS has been developped so far, I fail to recall of any improving feature benefiting to cruise/drift only.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Can't see where's the problem, cruisers and drifters usually keep clear from race servers. And even if they didn't, the LFS race community is so much full of immature kids these days that a few more numpties from drift/cruise wouldn't change much. If for some reason you have a real problem with them, turn the cruise filter on, avoid their servers, problem solved.

However, cruise/drift people do provide a lot of good money for development by buying S2, and this cannot be negligated. And surely they didn't affect the way LFS has been developped so far, I fail to recall of any improving feature benefiting to cruise/drift only.

+1

And there is people who wants also racing, they just mess around on cruise servers, meeting some mates or just want to have differential "game mode"

Cruise and Drift will be permamently on LFS... And no one should be remove them away

However, one thing is sure... There is enough or too much Cruise servers and I see 10 or more of them... emptiness
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :However, one thing is sure... There is enough or too much Cruise servers and I see 10 or more of them... emptiness

The funny thing is that you can say the same for race servers, except there isn't 10, or even dozens of them, but hundreds. Yet no one ever complains about it.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :The funny thing is that you can say the same for race servers, except there isn't 10, or even dozens of them, but hundreds. Yet no one ever complains about it.

No one complains about race servers because they bought a racing simulator.

Bigger and higher ramps
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG