The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :Vettel has such an advantage now that he could finnish every race in order Alonso, Webber, Vettel and still win the champs and even if he didn't have that amount of points lead.

That's the point I was making. However if it finished like that each race, then Alonso would surpass Webber in the points. Vettel might be long gone in the points, but Webber certainly isn't. They should have tried to secure his 2nd place in the championship more by letting them fight or letting Webber by IMO. That's if they want the best for the team, which is what they stated.

They are 2 of the best drivers in the world, let them be allowed to show it.

EDIT: Actually Niki, Alonso would win the championship if those were the results. Their are subject to be 10 races left in the season. The gap in points per race from 1st to 3rd is 10 points. Vettel currently has a 92 point gap over Alonso. 100-92 = 8 point lead for Alonso at the end of the season.

Alonso winning 10 races in a row though... good luck.
Quote from PMD9409 :That's the point I was making. However if it finished like that each race, then Alonso would surpass Webber in the points. Vettel might be long gone in the points, but Webber certainly isn't. They should have tried to secure his 2nd place in the championship more by letting them fight or letting Webber by IMO. That's if they want the best for the team, which is what they stated.

And that is the point I was making. :P Except I don't think letting them fight would've been smart, letting Webber by would've been the best option imo.
Quote from evilpimp :And that is the point I was making. :P Except I don't think letting them fight would've been smart, letting Webber by would've been the best option imo.

I didn't want to agree with a Canadian.

Edited my post above too, just for kicks.
Webber will have plenty of opportunities to claim 2nd in the championship for himself. Rbr care about the wdc and the constructors' first, second in the wdc is relatively insignificant to them. Swapping them over would make very little sense, considering that mathematically it's far from won. Letting them race for the place have made less sense, though. Them's the rules, though.
Quote from tristancliffe :If you don't like team orders, even when sensibly applied, don't watch team sports...

If it was that much of a team sport they wouldn't have the drivers championship, just constructors. It is an every man for himself sport, with the constructors championship thrown in just to give the teams something to fight for, naturally to them WCC is most important as that brings in the cash, but to the drivers they aren't in a team as they all want the WDC.

The only other sport I can think of that comes close is the Olympics. But you don't see team orders then, everyone is out to win their own event.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If it was that much of a team sport they wouldn't have the drivers championship, just constructors. It is an every man for himself sport, with the constructors championship thrown in just to give the teams something to fight for, naturally to them WCC is most important as that brings in the cash, but to the drivers they aren't in a team as they all want the WDC.

The only other sport I can think of that comes close is the Olympics. But you don't see team orders then, everyone is out to win their own event.

F1 is not every man for himself. The drivers championship IS the constructors championship. The driver's championship is merely a marketing tool to give the illusion that it's every man for himself, because that's what most fans tune in for. The reality of F1 is very different to what is portrayed in the media. it's about the car/team, always has been, always will be.

Tristan is right, it's a team sport. I don't particularly like team orders between drivers but it's wholly understandable & legal.
Quote from PMD9409 :That's the point I was making. However if it finished like that each race, then Alonso would surpass Webber in the points. Vettel might be long gone in the points, but Webber certainly isn't. They should have tried to secure his 2nd place in the championship more by letting them fight or letting Webber by IMO. That's if they want the best for the team, which is what they stated.

EDIT: Actually Niki, Alonso would win the championship if those were the results. Their are subject to be 10 races left in the season. The gap in points per race from 1st to 3rd is 10 points. Vettel currently has a 92 point gap over Alonso. 100-92 = 8 point lead for Alonso at the end of the season.

Alonso winning 10 races in a row though... good luck.

Fact is, there are no money for securing a second in the driver's championship. The money is at the Constructor's Championship, that's why it was normal and correct from the team's point of view to order them to hold station.

And as I said before, a team ordering their driver's to hold station towards the end of a race, is nothing special in all form of motorsport (when teams are involved). Get over that, or if you really dislike it, then I think there are many many forms of motorsport you shouldn't watch.
Quote from JCTK :Fact is, there are no money for securing a second in the driver's championship. The money is at the Constructor's Championship, that's why it was normal and correct from the team's point of view to order them to hold station.

And as I said before, a team ordering their driver's to hold station towards the end of a race, is nothing special in all form of motorsport (when teams are involved). Get over that, or if you really dislike it, then I think there are many many forms of motorsport you shouldn't watch.

The team gets the same amount of points if Vettel finishes ahead or if Webber did. It wouldn't change anything in the constructors points...
Quote from evilpimp :The team gets the same amount of points if Vettel finishes ahead or if Webber did. It wouldn't change anything in the constructors points...

I think he meant it makes no sense to risk both cars having an accident and potentially not scoring any points for the sake of a 2nd place in the drivers championship.
Ahhhh, well I still think team orders would've helped more if they let Webber by. A 1-2 in the WDC and a win in the WCC looks better than a 1-3 imo.
look better yeah. Give them more money? nop, they might even loose some if they want to sign Webber again because if he finished second in the WDC he'd probably want a bigger contract.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG