The online racing simulator
S13 Silvia vs. R32 GTS-T (for enthusiasts..)
My friend is deciding to buy between the two of these. We are both leaning on the s13 side for it's lightweightness, uniqueness and stronger(?) engine, even it's a 4cyl...
But just for the interest I'd like to have your, lfsforumers opinion.

Car will be imported from japan and the costs will be around 10k € after the taxes, licensing etc.

Opinions, please!
He'd better get ANY other car
Mx-5 with a v8 swap or a fitted turbocharger.
Porsche 944/928
Lancer Evo.
Lancia Delta.
any random RWD BMW.

10K will get you so much better cars than a japanese car.
Also, think about maintenance, how will you get a part if you break one?

There is this Toyota commercial in Holland where there is a guy driving a startlet for thirty years, however, if a part breaks down, you won't be able to get a replacement; it's a Toyota.
Mercedes/Citroën etc. are made near Holland, so you will be able to get those parts easily.
^ Now that wasn't the kind of reply I looked for. None of those cars are fitting. Btw, There are tons of S13 parts here. It's not like he is looking for just any RWD car,
he already has owned all kinds of cars. Now he wants something different and what he likes. And none of those cars are any of it.

still waiting for enthusiast...
#4 - Joe93
I'd personally say S13! Alot nicer looking car and a far larger tuning base id say so many tuners and enthusiasts out there that you arent going to struggle to seek help or spare parts! Ideally he should go out and test drive a few examples of both and make a decision based on what he feels most comfortable driving!
Definitely leaning for the S13 too, as long as it's not the oh-so-common around here 180 SX but a proper silvia.

Would definitely love to see them here more, and once I get my paycheck I could maybe afford one also
Quote from nikopdr :Definitely leaning for the S13 too, as long as it's not the oh-so-common around here 180 SX but a proper silvia.

Would definitely love to see them here more, and once I get my paycheck I could maybe afford one also

Yes, will be a proper silvia.
I have two S13s and I just love them. Great car. What's wrong with the S13s you have in Finland? 1.8L turbo?

Expect an imported car to have a few dings when it gets there. I'm not a big fan of importing just for the "uniqueness" if you have the same chassis available(10k !? damn. not worth it even if clean as hell). Just get a japanese engine in a clean 180SX it should cost less.

A Silvia is not a lot lighter than a GTS-T as far as I know. Maybe 100-150 lbs.
About 100kgs lighter. We don't have much good silvias here in finland, they are very rare. I'd even say like under 10 of them. The ones that are being sold are as expensive as importing one, and they are finnish raped with all kinds of sillyness. My friend is looking for an original one with sr20det engine. My friend is more into silvias than 180sx's
#10 - aoun
Quote from jibber :Huge fail.

+1

..Anyway, i know you want a constructive reply, but neither. GTR's are more than amazing (and i love them..take a look at my racername for goodness sake), but GTS-T's are just a waste, unless they are on the drag strip.

The S13 would perhaps be the car tbh actually...
Quote from aoun :+1

..Anyway, i know you want a constructive reply, but neither. GTR's are more than amazing (and i love them..take a look at my racername for goodness sake), but GTS-T's are just a waste, unless they are on the drag strip.

The S13 would perhaps be the car tbh actually...

He was looking for a GTR too and absolutely loves them, but heard about them needing more of fixing and the parts really costs a lot.
Silvia is cheaper to maintain.

Do you have a GTR?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :He'd better get ANY other car
Mx-5 with a v8 swap or a fitted turbocharger.
Porsche 944/928
Lancer Evo.
Lancia Delta.
any random RWD BMW.

Also, think about maintenance, how will you get a part if you break one?

MX-5 ruined with stupid v8. No thanks and its illegal in Finland.
944 and 928 sucks ass. 928 engine is shitty, 944 engine not so much crap than 928 V8, but it is still. 944 is good and fast to drive. Looks ok too.
Evo... In here every 7th car is EVO and 6 others are Imprezas. No thanks. Im not 4wd guy.
Lancia Delta... Are you seriously kidding me... Are you stupid troll? Or you really dont know about these cars.
BMW's are good. But not cheap, and pretty slows... And these are pretty much rusty in here... I like BMW's, but it "needs to be" M series if you compare with S13 and GTS-t.
And i dont like e36 M3... e46 M3 is nice and good. And e30 M3 is epic (damn expensive).

I dont know any good car that has been made or assembled in Holland...

And S13 engine (2nd hand JDM less than 100 000km driven) cost about 500-1000€ and gearbox 300-800€.
SR20DET is very very strong engine, in here are S14 and these can be 400-500hp. Someones are unopened stock engines. (driven many years) So not so bad engine...

In here is many many many S13 200sx, so only what cannot buy from here is body parts.

I have stupid golf as daily drive car, so its not problem if another is broken sometimes.

GTS-t is ok car. My old work friend got one.. He hates that RB20, he put SR on it, dunno it is really bad or good engine. It can handle power, and got same gearbox than SR S13. I think both R32 and S13 can be very good looking...

(R32) GTR is my big fantasy. And GTR is always GTR = cost more, many problems, Skyline parts are expensive. Skyline is more "track car" than "having fun (like sideways)" and so one. GTR are just damn fast, beatiful, and it is fun to drive i know, but... I cant explane. RB26DETT (r32) got problems. Crankshaft problems, oil pump etc, so if you gonna buy GTR you "have to" build engine for it. (for the sake of myself) Because these really got some problems... Building isnt problem. Pretty offtopic now...

Anyway, not mean to be rude or anything, i just got very bad english (Tommi Mäkinen is my english teacher)

So im like S13, but GTS-t is so much cheaper... (about 2000-3000€?)

Oh and my criters are about:

-RWD
-Turbo
-Good steerlock (or easy to mod more) Not like MK3 Supra...
-Needs to be pretty strong

And needs to be FUN

Discuss more, thanks
Quote from puliukk0 :I dont know any good car that has been made or assembled in Holland...

DAF you nub. My brother has two of them, amazing cars (can even drift them).
Quote from puliukk0 :MX-5 ruined with stupid v8. No thanks and its illegal in Finland.

installing a different engine is illegal? D:
Finland is the economic and bureaucratic hell for anyone who wants to build or mod a car.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :installing a different engine is illegal? D:

Getting a car registered that has had an engine that is more powerful than any engine in the model range installed is extremely difficult in Finland.

A simple swap like for like is easy. Putting in a different engine that has same power as the original, easy. The Finish legislature is a real pain in the arse if you want to legally modify your car.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :installing a different engine is illegal? D:

as if it were easy here in Germanland ... a simple 8V to 16V swap in a mates Swift needed like ~40 pages of partslists and certificates

I say, take that S13. Even if you decide against it some time, you should have no prob selling it.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Mx-5
Lancer Evo.

LOLOLOL!

Quote from BlakjeKaas :There is this Toyota commercial in Holland where there is a guy driving a startlet for thirty years, however, if a part breaks down, you won't be able to get a replacement; it's a Toyota.

The same way anyone gets parts, most parts are made in the EU, it cuts down on Toyota's costs to manufacture parts in the EU, the only thing they ship over is the computers. But recently Toyota has taken to exporting cars made in the UK to Japan because the Japanese have a boner for EU made cars.

The vast majority of Toyota Europe engine parts are made in the UK. Then there are the options of cheap copy parts made in China and sold cheap as shit all across the EU, just hit up a parts supplier. The only part I've had to ship over for my Toyota Hilux Surf is a cylinder head because the 2.4TD head is still made in Japan (technically it is just the 2.8TD head, but it is only made new in Japan anyway), over here we're tooled up for a different TD engine. But then it was only 699GBP for the whole head ready to go on, plus cam bet kit and all gaskets, delivered to my door.
#19 - senn
R32 GTS-T with an RB25DET swap would be awesome, the RB20DET lacks a bit of lowdown torque.

GTR, higher maintenance costs and heavier off the bat due to AWD - will cost more than a GTS-T.

Silvia - MASSIVE amount of parts interchangability from skyline onto silvia (brakes/suspension etc)

All these cars have massive aftermarket support, it all depends what your friend wants to do with it.
~10k rwd :hmm

ap1 s2000
e36 m3
Quote from Bose321 :DAF you nub. My brother has two of them, amazing cars (can even drift them).

Eh... Not really, they sucked.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG