Cleanup : Posts that are no longer needed
(75 posts, closed, started )
First
:d
Spam from test patch thread
Quote from Scawen :
No.

No, what you really need is a track editor.

For uploading : use Z28. For testing, use A1 so we know it works well, but please don't expect to be able to upload them, ever. Most probably you'll have to use 0.6B. If you can wait a week, I expect you will have no more problem.

No. No requests please, just bug reports.

You can be so negative at times
Quote from Qurpiz :You can be so negative at times

Or people are too.. abusive of the fact that Scawen does actively listen to our input and attempt to implement the reasonable requests when he's in his Test Patch cycle.
ignition cut on fzr back please
Let me explain why i want ignition cut back on the fzr,

A fiat 500, a little cheap ass car if equipped with the auto/semi-auto gearbox, the car has a ignition/throttle cut system on gear change.

It feels not very good/natural/realistic that a $150.000+ does not have a sophisticated throttle-cut/ignition cut system for gear changes but just a simple old-school h-pattern gearbox. It just feels wrong for a major patch to still stick to old-school gear boxes from the past.

I think for the next patch, LFS should not have such old fashioned features on cars which are supposed to be modern day racing cars. Even better, many road cars have very fasts semi-auto gearboxes. So maybe the H-pattern gearbox should only be for cars which resembles history like uf 1000 and lx4? All other cars at should have least a sequential gearbox with ignition-cut? The slower cars, having a slower sequential gearbox and the racing cars having a faster/better sequential/semi-auto gearbox box?

Fox example gearchange in a XRT should take 0.40 seconds while the GTR class cars should change gear in 0.15 seconds, FOX and FO8 in 0.12 seconds and the bf1 in 0.05 sec?

What do you think????
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Bluebird B B :Let me explain why i want ignition cut back on the fzr,

A fiat 500, a little cheap ass car if equipped with the auto/semi-auto gearbox, the car has a ignition/throttle cut system on gear change.

It feels not very good/natural/realistic that a $150.000+ does not have a sophisticated throttle-cut/ignition cut system for gear changes but just a simple old-school h-pattern gearbox. It just feels wrong for a major patch to still stick to old-school gear boxes from the past.

I think for the next patch, LFS should not have such old fashioned features on cars which are supposed to be modern day racing cars. Even better, many road cars have very fasts semi-auto gearboxes. So maybe the H-pattern gearbox should only be for cars which resembles history like uf 1000 and lx4? All other cars at should have least a sequential gearbox with ignition-cut? The slower cars, having a slower sequential gearbox and the racing cars having a faster/better sequential/semi-auto gearbox box?

Fox example gearchange in a XRT should take 0.40 seconds while the GTR class cars should change gear in 0.15 seconds, FOX and FO8 in 0.12 seconds and the bf1 in 0.05 sec?

What do you think????

It's for "balancing" reasons.
Quote from Bluebird B B :What do you think????

I think two things.

1) You are posting in totally the wrong forum section. This is a test patch thread. What you are posting has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this test patch.

2) Some modern day Porsche racing cars have an H-pattern gearbox.

I wish you would go and discuss this somewhere else, find out the facts and stop wasting my time.
Quote from [Audi TT] :To you in other topics not get through, I'll write here (sorry). Button spec would be enough.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74504

Don't do this Audi. Please try to understand what I am saying. I do not want off topic requests posted here. I am not doing them. There is a limit to this patch, and we have reached that limit. I am only fixing the bugs.
Quote from Scawen :Don't do this Audi. Please try to understand what I am saying. I do not want off topic requests posted here. I am not doing them. There is a limit to this patch, and we have reached that limit. I am only fixing the bugs.

+1, i totally agree, but make sure that everybody will read this post! to stop the semi-request bugs
Nothing interesting released as usual...
#12 - M0rV
Scaven one big question for you. I know this is off topic so I dont ask for more in the future cos I know you must work :P

The question torments me practically since 2003, when I first played in the LFS. Is there any hope that in future we will see Shader Model 2.0 or above in the future?
Probably a mistake, but we need to check. I recorded 5 cells, the camera when shooting program "fraps" camera is not passed from one cell by 2 cell when you Ctrl +2.

Edit: Provided that there was a pause
Please Scawen add option in next patch release the steering lock 56 degrees for road cars PLEASE PLEASE. ( I REALY NEED IT)
Quote from Udris1992 :Please Scawen add option in next patch release the steering lock 56 degrees for road cars PLEASE PLEASE. ( I REALY NEED IT)

Read this by any chance:?
Quote from Scawen :RULE : NO OFF-TOPIC FEATURE REQUESTS

RULE : NO UNRELATED COMMENTS

If you're wondering, that means no posts such as yours.
You really don't need it either, you can get all the steering lock you want on /modified hosts with readily available tweaking applications.
And basically, whats the use of it in a race? I just could catch every single moment with the current 36 degrees of lock.
Why can't I go to other tracks or places when I select the "X" or open track configuration in autocross? Is it just meant to be that way?
0.6A3 = The other SO Streets open?

I need this other Streets
Read the first post and you will find out how we feel about yours... Stölzel
Quote from Squelch :Me neither. Drove all over like a maniac. I can't reproduce.

Confirmed. Instant loss of multiple selected objects when rotated.

Edit:
I see it's already confirmed by Scawen now, so no matter.

Edit2:

I'm not sure what you mean. I can go to any track after selecting Autocross [X]. Perhaps you could be more specific?

I meant as in going to places like the skid pad and the drag racing track (AU2 and AU3).
Quote from Tonttula :I meant as in going to places like the skid pad and the drag racing track (AU2 and AU3).

the paths between the different areas are still closed yes. I think Scawen left that there because the paths between the sections are mostly filled with gaps.

You can get there with some ramps though
See attached replay (that felt like tractor pulling near the end).
Attached files
Victor_AU1X_XRG_2.spr - 24.2 KB - 429 views
Nice, thanks for the update!
Have you already tested it? You can't have missed the massive red text...

If so, how did you get on? Did you verify all the fixes?

I don't really want thanks without a description of your test results.

P.S. Please can you change your avatar? It is annoying and distracting (as you intended it to be).
Yup, tested them all quickly and didn't see anything wrong at the fixes.

Ok, I'll change the avatar.
This thread is closed

(75 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG