The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Posts that are no longer needed
(75 posts, closed, started )
New
Hey can you make a patch with like another track. I want one that has it but i am not able to get z34 so can you make one? Please
I was playing a bit with the AXM packets, but I get unexpected results. I put 8 objects on blackwood in 1 line:

X Y
A 251.48 45.44
B 254.93 32.52
C 258.38 19.59
D 261.83 6.67
E 265.29 6.26-
F 268.74 19.18-
G 272.19 32.11-
H 275.64 45.03-

I thought this should be a straight line, but the result is as in the attached image. Can somebody reproduce this or could there be an error in my insim library? It's on different spots on track where numbers go from + to - and opposite. I don't have time now to examine the problem, but if it's a lfs bug it would be nice if fixed. Thanks
Attached images
axm.png
Quote from Mischa NED :I was playing a bit with the AXM packets, but I get unexpected results. I put 8 objects on blackwood in 1 line:

X Y
A 251.48 45.44
B 254.93 32.52
C 258.38 19.59
D 261.83 6.67
E 265.29 6.26-
F 268.74 19.18-
G 272.19 32.11-
H 275.64 45.03-

I thought this should be a straight line, but the result is as in the attached image. Can somebody reproduce this or could there be an error in my insim library? It's on different spots on track where numbers go from + to - and opposite. I don't have time now to examine the problem, but if it's a lfs bug it would be nice if fixed. Thanks

You should re-do your code thoroughly. I've placed a cone at your 'A' position and its coordinate was about x:3993 y:770, so miles away from the position you posted.
Furthermore, where did you get comma values from ? These coordinates are short integers, so always whole numbers without fractional digits.
Quote from chucknorris :You should re-do your code thoroughly. I've placed a cone at your 'A' position and its coordinate was about x:3993 y:770, so miles away from the position you posted.
Furthermore, where did you get comma values from ? These coordinates are short integers, so always whole numbers without fractional digits.

Hi The coordinates are real x and y values, not the ones used in the AXM packet. I multiply them by 16 in the AXM packet and that comes close to your values.

I got the comma values from the CompCar out of a MCI packet.
I've tested your coords - they come out in a straight line for me. See attached

EDIT - yes i tested with the AXM packet. As for the short value, I just do round(X * 16) and the same for Y. I've then used the pack('s', value) function in php for the short conversion.
Attached images
AXM_straight_test.jpg
Quote from Victor :I've tested your coords - they come out in a straight line for me. See attached

Ok thanks and you did it with the AXM packet? Then something must be wrong in my "short" conversion... weird though... lets check it Thx again.

UPDATE: I don't know what was wrong, but I implemented that conversion again and it worked straight away. You can forget my question Sorry for wasting some of ur time.
#33 - e.M
server is full of CPWs
Quote from Krammeh :server is full of CPWs

Confirmed. Players get CPW banned upon entering server.
#36 - SJB
My 0.6A4 dedicated is up running

Edit: 3 Users joined since update, no cpw till now

Update: 15 People and no CPW
Scawen in the list of servers they seem to be on A3 not showing A4
Quote from Krammeh :server is full of CPWs

Quote from wolfsbane3083 :Confirmed. Players get CPW banned upon entering server.

I think that is my fault, because I didn't do a reset on the version after uploading a new A4 (having already uploaded one previously).

It might have been all the people joining with A4 that got banned, if your host has not been restarted.

If that is the case, it should work now.

I'm sorry about that, I realise you will need to unban people now.
Quote from racing.dude :Scawen in the list of servers they seem to be on A3 not showing A4

Because they have not updated yet? There are some now.
Quote from Scawen :I think that is my fault, because I didn't do a reset on the version after uploading a new A4 (having already uploaded one previously).

It might have been all the people joining with A4 that got banned, if your host has not been restarted.

If that is the case, it should work now.

I'm sorry about that, I realise you will need to unban people now.

not a problem! I just updated to the latest dedi exe :P. I was unbanning as they were coming in :P
-
([Audi TT]) DELETED by [Audi TT]
scawen, z25 to 0.6a4??? what about z28 to 0.6a4??? May fix CPW????
Quote from Bmxtwins :scawen, z25 to 0.6a4??? what about z28 to 0.6a4??? May fix CPW????

There should be no more problem with CPW, since I made the master server reset the checking data.
ok, thanks.
What?
So I use the autoinstall thing, It now puts a LFS.exe in my Data folder, I try to run it "Can not open file HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

It ran perfect before I installed the new patch?
Quote from Dreadster :So I use the autoinstall thing, It now puts a LFS.exe in my Data folder, I try to run it "Can not open file HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

It ran perfect before I installed the new patch?

Where did you place the installer file? If you put it into your LFS folder, it should install without any problems I think.
I put it in Data
Can someone make a really fast youtube vid on how to do it?

It said Extract to, Desktop/Data

I did that?

Still wont work
You need to direct the autoinstall to your actual /LFS/ folder, not /LFS/data.

see the following:

For a typical LFS installation (installing full LFS from scratch), it'll place a LFS folder on your 'C:/' drive ('C:/LFS'). In my case I have different LFS versions, so I would point my autoinstaller to 'C:/LFS/LFS 0.6B7'
Thats the thing, I dont have my LFS/data in :C drive,

I'm going to try and make a LFS folder on my desktop and autoinstall to there as it was only data
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts that are no longer needed
(75 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG