Detection of such programs as: Autopilot
Jeah just disable the cruise filter *troll*
if you disable the filter, they would show. *non-English troll*
Can't think of a fool-proof way either, but I'd imagine this stuff produces fairly consistent laptimes and it won't send chat messages, which is a start.
Awesome, hope he releases it to general public
If I understand you 'program' it by driving around and recording your inputs. A solution then would be to use the new add/remove objects packet in the next LFS version to randomly change the track layout in subtle ways. You could have a bunch of pre-designed layouts and randomly switch them every so often. That would mess them up quite a bit, and you could detect cars that frequently hit layout objects and make them, I dunno, do a captcha to prove they're human or something.
Quote from morpha :Can't think of a fool-proof way either, but I'd imagine this stuff produces fairly consistent laptimes and it won't send chat messages, which is a start.

So do I, and I'm not very talkative when I'm in game (Via text chat, as I use Vent or TeamSpeak).
Quote from Dygear :So do I, and I'm not very talkative when I'm in game (Via text chat, as I use Vent or TeamSpeak).

When cruising?
#10 - CSU1
I found this - through insims we stop autotrololol

Attached images
df.jpg
get wHandle of LFS.exe, get window position, width, height.
using mouse control,
Quote :
BOOL WINAPI SetCursorPos(
__in int X,
__in int Y
);

INPUT click;
click->type = INPUT_MOUSE;
click->mi.dwFlags = MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN;
SendInput(1,click,sizeof(INPUT));
Quote from CSU1 :I found this - through insims we stop autotrololol

That's quite an old LFS isn't it
maybe LFS should report what InSim applications are connected to the client to the server, and if a new one connects - by the looks of it, it uses InSim, outSim and outGauge
Maybe cruise server admins shouldn't take their cruising so seriously.

Although if I had a beard I'd probably be very serious as well.
fair play. I will write one that uses axis inputs, so I can make a nice racing bot, and i'll rip up the race servers. no problems!
-
(denis-takumi) DELETED by denis-takumi
take a very long time to write a bot that will perfectly controlled and win
Quote from Krammeh :fair play. I will write one that uses axis inputs, so I can make a nice racing bot, and i'll rip up the race servers. no problems!

go for it. You race with talent, you cruise for fun.

But expected little else really from your dictatorship of a server.
LiveForSlow

what can i say.

I dont see the big deal tbh, they will get bored eventually.
If there are speed limits on the cruise server, perhaps changing them at few zones from time to time might discover such a bot. This would have to be used along with some other mechanisms like checking the consistency of laptimes and driving lines though...
Quote from Bmxtwins :
I dont see the big deal tbh

If a bot like this is left running constantly on an online server then its going to mess up the lfs world most driven distance and laps charts? May not be a major problem but another reason why it should be stopped
Oh because obviously total distance is so important and from looking at this application it's not for outright speed.
#23 - PoVo
Quote from S14 DRIFT :from looking at this application it's not for outright speed.

That doesn't mean it can't be tweaked and improved...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh because obviously total distance is so important and from looking at this application it's not for outright speed.

statistics is part of LFSWorld, which is part of the S2 purchase - if the statistics are now void, that kinda displeases some of us stats whores
Quote from MadCatX :If there are speed limits on the cruise server, perhaps changing them at few zones from time to time might discover such a bot. This would have to be used along with some other mechanisms like checking the consistency of laptimes and driving lines though...

Or maybe a traffic light system, so if you go thru one you get fined, but go thru two and you get pitted. And if you're pitted twice, you get kicked.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG