The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :I wasn't exactly undermining former champions I was under mining pretty much every else.

You might think they try to get young drivers into f1 as soon as possible but they start racing much younger as well.

I hope you do realize since f1 is much more restricted then it was in the 80s or 90s the cars are much closer in performace meaning it's significantly harder to overtake opponents the pirellis and drs help change that.

Redbulls 1 second gap to Ferrari in hungary last year was called dominace where as back in the 80s and 90s that was the gap between team mates in the same car!!

Well in Monaco's qualifying the differences between drivers of the same team were 0,5s in Red Bull, 0,4s in Ferrari, 1,1 in Mercedes 0.4 Renault. I don't think that is as huge difference as you make it sound like it but yes, the differences between drivers have gotten smaller. If in 80's or 90's someone was faster than everyone else by a second I believe that was called dominance back then too.

Also it's been proved in sports on many occasions that you don't need to start 4 years old to be good at something. As a kid you just need to do all kinds of sports. Yes, motorsports is started younger and younger but that doesn't for certain make the drivers better when they're adults. The skill level that it takes to get far in motorsports has gotten higher due to increased amount of people interested in motorsports but the skill level of the best drivers hasn't gotten much better.

Drs has failed in my opinion since it's used in other things as passing too. And when you have many people driving behind each other's only the second one gets the advantage over the one in front of him. Also the passing is too easy and no more is it exciting to see someone pass since as long as you have long straight you don't need skill since you can just push the drs button if you're close enough and go past the other driver. Where is the skill? You only need to be fast on clear track and you can get past anyone in 90% of the races as long as you get about 0.5 seconds close to them.

Pirelli's tyres have been a great success and affect in the quality of racing much more and make the races fun to watch. Since everyone has worn tires in the end you never know what's going to happen if they are close enough.
Quote from Juzaa :If you look at the scoreboards Mclaren has 0 point in constructor's championship. That's why Ferrari won. Mclaren was penalized for spying.

Wasn't talking about that you fool.

Don't you remember who won the championship? It wasn't Alonso OR Hamilton. Hamilton still thrashed Alonso in his rookie season, IN THE SAME CAR.

You really don't give Hamilton credit at all so you arguing with me and others is pointless as you're too blind to see that Hamilton is one of the best drivers on the grid, and will be for some time.
Quote from BlueFlame :Wasn't talking about that you fool.

Don't you remember who won the championship? It wasn't Alonso OR Hamilton. Hamilton still thrashed Alonso in his rookie season, IN THE SAME CAR.

You really don't give Hamilton credit at all so you arguing with me and others is pointless as you're too blind to see that Hamilton is one of the best drivers on the grid, and will be for some time.

Thrashed? Nonsense - they finished on exactly the same number of points and Hamilton was ahead on countback.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Thrashed? Nonsense - they finished on exactly the same number of points and Hamilton was ahead on countback.

I missed out (and meant) 'on occasions'.
Quote from BlueFlame :Wasn't talking about that you fool.

I've said that Hamilton is in top three fastest drivers currently. That's not credit? Apparently you only read what you want to read and miss everything else. Driving fast is one thing and having intelligence is another. One Hamilton has and the other he doesn't have. (bet you can only see half of my previous sentence)

Kimi's championship came only because Hamilton and Alonso were too busy competing with each others and didn't co operate. Mclaren's car was the fastest clearly and part of Alonso's problem was that he wasn't treated as a world champion but instead Hamilton was the one who was treated better. Alonso couldn't cope with that drove poorly (compared to his potential) and left. That also tells something about Alonso but I'll leave that for you to figure out.
Quote from Juzaa :
Mclaren's car was the fastest clearly and part of Alonso's problem was that he wasn't treated as a world champion but instead Hamilton was the one who was treated better.

Bullshit, they were treated as equals and that wasn't enough for Alonso, he wanted to be gifted wins. (That mentality is proved by the joy on his face at Hockenheim last year).
I think he was treated poorly due to alonsos reluctency to get equal treatment, as shown at the US GP that year.
Alonso didn't like Mclaren, just like Kimi he couldn't fit into the strict corporate style they have. Hamilton and Alonso have always seemed quite friendly to each other, it's just the media and the Spanish fans that think they hate each other.
Alonso at McLaren received the same treatment as Webber in Red Bull against Vettel: technical equality, emotional partiality. Hamilton was in a team that pretty much groomed him for many many years, and was British to boot. Alonso was neither of those.
Quote from samjh :Alonso at McLaren received the same treatment as Webber in Red Bull against Vettel: technical equality, emotional partiality. Hamilton was in a team that pretty much groomed him for many many years, and was British to boot. Alonso was neither of those.

I agree with this. Hamilton is one of their favorite sons.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :it's just the media and the Spanish fans that think they hate each other.

There you go, another illuminati being positive about the thoughts of an entire country.

You're wrong, btw.
Hamilton might have been made for that Mclaren seat, but I've struggled to comprehend that Mclaren would sign and pay vast sums of money to a proven champion, only to handicap him and therefore the car and therefore the team you've spent millions on in any way. It's just bad business if nothing else. Just can't see it happening, but I guess something got Alonso's goat.
As I said, technical equality, emotional partiality. The former is easy to quantify, the latter is hard... maybe impossible, but makes a difference.
Quote from sinbad :Hamilton might have been made for that Mclaren seat, but I've struggled to comprehend that Mclaren would sign and pay vast sums of money to a proven champion, only to handicap him and therefore the car and therefore the team you've spent millions on in any way. It's just bad business if nothing else. Just can't see it happening, but I guess something got Alonso's goat.

It wasn't done on purpose I think it was focred on by alonsos reluctency to recieve eqaul treatment.

There hasn't been a single ride Alonso had that he wasn't favoured in apart from maybe minardi.

A few seem to forget trulli being sacked by Renault after he claimed Alonso was being favoured. Renault sacked him despite trulli out qualifiyng and scoring more points then Alonso at the time.

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG