The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011

(Times above are local times)
(UTC+2)

With a fantastic weekend last year, most exciting practise sessions I've ever seen, every lap Robert Kubica did in those practise sessions he was on the limit, there was barely any space between himself and the barrier.
Even though the Renault last year wasn't that good, Robert still managed to get it on the front row.
Mark Webber did a stunning lap but not as fun to watch than Robert's lap :P

(Onboard video from last year here)

Some crazy crashes from both of the Williams cars and Chandock-Trulli crash.
Mark Webber drove like a robot the whole race and did no mistakes, with the rest of the field with no answer.
2010 Results here

(Official race edit video here (you need to log in to view))

Renault say they can fight for the win this weekend. IMO they cant, Petrov might get a possible 4th place but nothing more than that.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91686

Kovalainen says he can do the best result so far for the Lotus team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91702

Pirelli thinks the drivers only need to do a 2- stopper this race.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91686

And remember guys, first practise session is TOMORROW at 10:00 UTC, not friday, some people forget that each year.
Monaco is always a special one. Looking forward to it!
It might get interesting if the surface they had to replace at T1 starts to break up.

Full story

It's off the race line from what I can see, but might come into play.

I'm quite looking forward to this weekend. Last weeks was the best Spanish GP I've seen, and the new rules/tyres certainly seem to have shaken things up this year. I just hope that teams don't refrain from doing proper qualies in favour of preserving tyres for the race.

I can't predict a winner, but somehow feel whomever wins, the result might involve Schumacher (directly or indirectly)
Pictures on Formula1.com showed it pretty in the way. It is just prior to the corner itself, but anyone who is on the inside line into t1 will probably be running over it. For the most part I think they will be going around it, however. For most of the race they'll probably just barely clip the end.
Quote from Rappa Z :Pictures on Formula1.com showed it pretty in the way. It is just prior to the corner itself, but anyone who is on the inside line into t1 will probably be running over it. For the most part I think they will be going around it, however. For most of the race they'll probably just barely clip the end.

That Tarmac will still be pretty green, and there are quite a few support races going on this weekend too. GP2 cars tend to swarm all over T1, so it's not just F1 to worry about. FP1 in the morning will reveal just how much it will affect them.
live stream for FP1?
I'm just watching how much TV time HRT is getting right now. Smart decision from them.
You can even see how Karthikeyan chickens out at the Chiron chicane, it should be flat out. And the way how he's braking out of the tunnel...is it that scary?
Webber out of this session with gearbox issues.

The patch in the track is right on the apex of St Devote (T1) so might be influential. There is now a water leak weeping up through the start finish straight about 75m before the corner which is a concern too.

They just red flagged the session possibly because of the water.

Track officials had a quick look at the spot which is more like 150m from St Devote (opposite Sauber garage) , and the session has now restarted. They made a tweak to a stopcock perhaps, so maybe it'll be ok. If it is an underground leak, it will be difficult to fix, and is right on the grid, so might make things interesting.
and Schumacher binned it at Ste. Devote...pretty funny way to crash imo, but I guess that was all about reducing damage. The way how he lost grip under braking was a bit weird though, after warming up on his outlap. Cool brakes or cool tyres?
He slowed right down before and through Rascass and the tyres were probably cold. Fronts locked, too late to take to the run off area and hit the tyre wall sideways quite hard. There might be more damage than it appears.

Alonso looks fiery.
There's still another couple of seconds of improvement yet. Come Saturday, you'll see the likes of Sauber and Williams setting the sort of lap times that the top three were setting today.
Chandhok could have a future as a commentator.
Something I noticed in FP1 when it looked like the old German at MGP was spying on Fezza, since when was tobacco advertising allowed back in F1? As Fezza have Marlboro on the side of their garage. To be exact "Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro".
It's never been banned.
I know advertising tobacco was made illegal in the EU and various other countries around the world followed suit. I assume then that Monaco doesn't belong to the EU?
well, they're a microstate...
Who, according to Wiki use the Euro, which means they are in the EU so can't use tobacco advertising. So how are Ferrari allowed to get away with it?
It states in the Wikipedia article that it isn't part of the EU, but shares the same currency due to its close link with France.
Because they're not advertising Marlboro tobacco products. They're advertising their little-known shark lasers.
Quote from count.bazley :It states in the Wikipedia article that it isn't part of the EU, but shares the same currency due to its close link with France.

Ah, so one of the few countries in Europe where you can still advertise smokes then. Suppose it makes sense for a tax haven.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Because they're not advertising Marlboro tobacco products. They're advertising their little-known shark lasers.

Marlboro make shark lasers? Hot damn, got to get me one of those! Tell me more of this fantastic product.

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG