The online racing simulator
Tristan I swear to god, anything Hamilton does you critisize, even if he was doing everything to suit YOU, you'd still hate him.

You make such shitty explainations as to why you don't like him... Arrogance, agressiveness etc etc etc.

Do the words Mansell and Senna ring a bell?

You're an ass. Drifting off topic just to dig at a sports personality you don't like for reasons you aren't eluding to. The reasons you've given in the past, aren't good enough. You basically don't want him to be a race driver at all. Then you'd be happy.
Im sure tristan could out drive Hamilton in the same equipment.
I think that's what it stems to, jelousy...

He's an F1 world champ, yet you criticize his driving? lol

Why don't you go and show him how it's done.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I think that's what it stems to, jelousy...

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I think that's what it stems to, jelousy...

What you're saying means that because Schumacher is the most successful F1 driver he hasn't done anything wrong? Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8ETv2aXc4

No one (as far as I've seen) has said here that he could drive better than Hamilton. Hamilton causes collisions and doesn't respect anyone else than himself. (not even the stewards) You really think that he shouldn't grow up and at least try to learn from his mistakes rather than accusing every one else from them? No one hasn't said that he's a lousy driver or anything like that. It's his mental capabilities most of us are worried about and criticize.
Quote from Juzaa :What you're saying means that because Schumacher is the most successful F1 driver he hasn't done anything wrong? Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8ETv2aXc4

No one (as far as I've seen) has said here that he could drive better than Hamilton. Hamilton causes collisions and doesn't respect anyone else than himself. (not even the stewards) You really think that he shouldn't grow up and at least try to learn from his mistakes rather than accusing every one else from them? No one hasn't said that he's a lousy driver or anything like that. It's his mental capabilities most of us are worried about and criticize.

Some jealousy from you too then. Hamilton does respect people. He respects Alonso and Alonso hates him.

Oh and, WAS HE BETTER THAN THE FIN WE ALL THOUGHT WOULD BE AN INSTANT WINNER???? Yes. He owned Heikki, ALL the time. So stfu will ya.
Quote from Juzaa :What you're saying means that because Schumacher is the most successful F1 driver he hasn't done anything wrong? Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8ETv2aXc4

But you call him an idiot and say he's dangerous, if he's so stupid and reckless how did he manage to beat alonso who many describe as the best driver on the grid in his rookie season? And loose out by only 1 point to kimi in the season, who obviously you rate as a driver. I really don't see how he's dangerous, there was one incident in the canada pitlane which was just a momentary lapse in concentration, probably messing with the 20 buttons on his steering wheel, just like button did when he drove into the wrong pitbox. i can't see what else you'd consider dangerous, everything else has been racing incidents which every driver has, who i think you'll find will blame the other driver unless they're 100% in the wrong. Just because he doesn't over analyze situations like Jenson does doesn't make him stupid, he must have something up there because i can't see him getting all the way to F1 otherwise.

Whatever you think of his driving or mental decisions in the car, it obviously wins races and championships which is what ever driver wants.

I think it's probably best to just say we both have different preferences in drivers and end it at that because we're just going round in circles and it's getting boring.
Quote from BlueFlame :Some jealousy from you too then. Hamilton does respect people. He respects Alonso and Alonso hates him.

Oh and, WAS HE BETTER THAN THE FIN WE ALL THOUGHT WOULD BE AN INSTANT WINNER???? Yes. He owned Heikki, ALL the time. So stfu will ya.

How about his comments about Massa and Maldonado after the race? The comments how he's the best car developer in the entire sport and that Vettel is only at the top because of his car? Also his comments about Toro Rosso helping Red Bull are quite strange. Hamilton might have some respect for Alonso and former F1 stars but in general he respects no one but himself.

And what on earth has Kovalainen got to do with Hamilton or Schumi driving against the rules? I think you're just trying to change the subject since you know you've already been beaten in other conversations.
Now look who's not a Hamilton fan?

Your comments about Kovalainen are also quite strange. Who thought he was going to be an instant winner? I've never heard those comments. Also Kovalainen suffered from the tactics Mclaren gave him and he would've won a few more races had he been able to get the strategies Hamilton was given even few times. Also you seem to forget that Kovalainen had way more fuel than Hamilton in all qualifies and that's the main reason everyone sees Hamilton much better than Kovalainen. In fact Kovalainen was faster in qualifies than Hamilton many times but for some reason he always was given so much fuel in q3 that Hamilton would be ahead of him in the grid. Kovalainen is also young and has many years left in him. Truth to be told, he's not good enough to win championships but he's talented and might surprise you in some distant future.

I also remember Button being considered as a future champion from the beginning of his career and just when everyone had given up hope on him he won the championship with Brawn.

Oh and Pearcy. I'm saying he's stupid because of his comments not his driving. Pulling the black card might've cost him few races for ''ruining F1's reputation''. How's that intelligent? And his mental decisions in the car also lost him the championship Kimi won. Was it 3 or 2 races when he managed to drive out without anyone pushing him when he needed just a few points and didn't need to drive fast. He's probably the fastest racer or in top 3 for sure but his mental capabilities make his goals so much harder to achieve.
Quote from Juzaa :How about his comments about Massa and Maldonado after the race? The comments how he's the best car developer in the entire sport and that Vettel is only at the top because of his car? Also his comments about Toro Rosso helping Red Bull are quite strange. Hamilton might have some respect for Alonso and former F1 stars but in general he respects no one but himself.

And what on earth has Kovalainen got to do with Hamilton or Schumi driving against the rules? I think you're just trying to change the subject since you know you've already been beaten in other conversations.
Now look who's not a Hamilton fan?

Your comments about Kovalainen are also quite strange. Who thought he was going to be an instant winner? I've never heard those comments. Also Kovalainen suffered from the tactics Mclaren gave him and he would've won a few more races had he been able to get the strategies Hamilton was given even few times. Also you seem to forget that Kovalainen had way more fuel than Hamilton in all qualifies and that's the main reason everyone sees Hamilton much better than Kovalainen. In fact Kovalainen was faster in qualifies than Hamilton many times but for some reason he always was given so much fuel in q3 that Hamilton would be ahead of him in the grid. Kovalainen is also young and has many years left in him. Truth to be told, he's not good enough to win championships but he's talented and might surprise you in some distant future.

I also remember Button being considered as a future champion from the beginning of his career and just when everyone had given up hope on him he won the championship with Brawn.

Oh and Pearcy. I'm saying he's stupid because of his comments not his driving. Pulling the black card might've cost him few races for ''ruining F1's reputation''. How's that intelligent?

From memory up until now his interviews have been pretty corporate, it's not like his been coming out with comments like this every weekend for 3 years, the race thing was meant as a joke, i just don't think he pulled it off very well and i bet he regretted it a few seconds after, your forgetting they're very much in the heat of the moment, it's very easy for you to criticize his comments when the things that are happening aren't effecting you. Well he was still a rookie driver so obviously mistakes are going to happen, if anything that tells you more about kimi and alonso than hamilton, they should have ran away with it, but they didn't they're excellent mental capabilities didn't get them very far did it.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :From memory up until now his interviews have been pretty corporate, it's not like his been coming out with comments like this every weekend for 3 years, the race thing was meant as a joke, i just don't think he pulled it off very well and i bet he regretted it a few seconds after, your forgetting they're very much in the heat of the moment, it's very easy for you to criticize his comments when the things that are happening aren't effecting you.

Since I don't live in UK I don't have access to all his interviews and mostly when we see news about Hamilton it's because he's said something that's not ordinary. Usually that means he's said something about someone's talents or his talents. On rare occasions he might have something valuable to say but usually the ones we get are bad for his reputation. For some reason I don't see other drivers making such comments as often as Hamilton. I form my opinion about drivers intelligence from the comments they make and Hamilton has given stupid comments more than anyone else. After Hamilton commented Vettel's driving skills all Vettel answered was laughing and saying that ''Hamilton can think whatever he wants''. I don't care less about his comments on the track. Those are said in the heat of the moment. But once he's out of the car he can avoid interviews until he has cooled down if he can't comment anything than how someone else sucks.

Also you might consider that Mclaren's car was the best in that season and played a big role in Hamilton's success as a rookie. Alonso had problems with Hamilton all along and he didn't fit in the team as Hamilton did. That's one of the reason's he had so hard time in that season.
Quote from JPeace :No, just decent people do.

Decent people don't need to be told to apologise.
Maybe if he felt he had something to apologise for he would have done it himself.
Senna on prost in suzuka 1990 was far worse then Schumacher at Jerez 1997.
Quote from tristancliffe :Decent people don't need to be told to apologise.

The world of Formula 1 doesn't allow freedom of speech unless you expect dire consequences.
Quote from Juzaa :
Also you might consider that Mclaren's car was the best in that season and played a big role in Hamilton's success as a rookie. Alonso had problems with Hamilton all along and he didn't fit in the team as Hamilton did. That's one of the reason's he had so hard time in that season.

Oh it was? I thought a Ferrari won the championship.

Talking out your arse.

The McLaren of 07 AND 08 was in no way as dominant as the 92 Williams or 94 Benetton (in early season) so what is your point?

What about Jacques Villeneuve, he was quick in 96, and won the championship much like Hamilton a year on.

Getting into racing is about luck, so the fact he got into a McLaren that happened to be good annoyed you? Grow up ffs.

What about Schumacher for his WHOLE career when he won championships? He had the best car.

What about Senna in 88,90,91?

Or Prost?

Or Scheckter?

Or Alonso?

Almost EVERY WDC champion was in the best car on the grid averaged over all of the races.

So basically, you're saying others are fine to be in the best car on the grid and win, but Hamilton is not.
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh it was? I thought a Ferrari won the championship.

Talking out your arse.

The McLaren of 07 AND 08 was in no way as dominant as the 92 Williams or 94 Benetton (in early season) so what is your point?

What about Jacques Villeneuve, he was quick in 96, and won the championship much like Hamilton a year on.

Getting into racing is about luck, so the fact he got into a McLaren that happened to be good annoyed you? Grow up ffs.

What about Schumacher for his WHOLE career when he won championships? He had the best car.

What about Senna in 88,90,91?

Or Prost?

Or Scheckter?

Or Alonso?

Almost EVERY WDC champion was in the best car on the grid averaged over all of the races.

So basically, you're saying others are fine to be in the best car on the grid and win, but Hamilton is not.

If you look at the scoreboards Mclaren has 0 point in constructor's championship. That's why Ferrari won. Mclaren was penalized for spying. (wonder why their car was so fast) Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton were second and third and had they not fought with each other's and chose number one driver instead that one would've won the championship. You are the one talking out of your arse.

My point was that pearcy said this;
''But you call him an idiot and say he's dangerous, if he's so stupid and reckless how did he manage to beat alonso who many describe as the best driver on the grid in his rookie season? And loose out by only 1 point to kimi in the season, who obviously you rate as a driver.''

To clarify this Alonso never got the treatment he deserved and that Hamilton got. Kimi had worse car almost the entire season and yet he managed to win. The world remembers winners, not the losers. Finishing second is absolutely nothing in the eyes of the world. Every racer would rather win just once than be second for ten times. Hamilton proved making those errors that he wasn't ready. He had speed but his mental capabilities were not good enough. The next year Hamilton got his victory but I'd say that his luck was more important than his driving in the last race. Hamilton has driven few fantastic races but he can't keep up the same work throughout the season. That's his problem. He makes mistakes too much. In Monaco he made 3. I don't remember the last time some driver screwed up his race and qualifying as badly as Hamilton did in Monaco.

Hamilton has amazing potential in him but to be remembered as a great champion he needs to be fast all the time and quit making foolish errors every now and then. He needs to grow up use media for him not against him. I rate him and Räikkönen both as drivers but Kimi would've - this is my opinion - won more championships had he had the same gear as Hamilton because of his nerves. They don't call him iceman for nothing.

The driver I have seen race and thus honor the most isn't Kimi by the way. It's Mika Häkkinen. Even Schumacher has said that there has only been one driver he's been afraid of and that was Häkkinen. Häkkinen was quite smart. (his English wasn't the best so don't know what picture you've got of him) He also was a huge car developer, maybe even better than Schumacher, had nerves of steel, was fast and wasn't afraid to show his feelings. Unfortunately he got bored of F1 and the risks after his championship victories and left.

About Schumacher you clearly don't know anything. When he moved to Ferrari Ferrari was not the best team not even close. Schumacher and Brawn were the ones building it to be the team we know. When Schumacher and Brawn left Ferrari it has only has the champion in one year and that was only due to Mclarens fighting each other's and Hamilton's mistakes in the last races.

Lastly I do not believe that the champions are always the best drivers. You have given comments such as ''he's a champion he's always right''. And others that boast on his success. Don't forget that Alonso raced in Minardi and was fast with it. The car was just so slow that no one knew just how fast Alonso was. Now you're saying that many champions has won because of the cars. My point exactly. The ones that should be remembered most are the ones who built the dynasties. Schumacher, Häkkinen and Vettel are the ones I can think of from the time I've watched F1. There are more if you go back in the past but can't think of the names right now.
lol, no wonder you hate Hamilton you only like Finnish drivers(granted your nationality in the first place), and considering Hamilton wiped the floor with one we get your current stance.

Its okay, your bias is almost at tristan's level and its showing.

Besides, the Ferrari in 07 was pretty much equal with the Mclaren, the lack of driver quality(Massa) on Ferrari's side is why overall they didn't score as much points.

Also in '08, Hamiltons car was arguably slower then the Ferrari that year as well.

Besides Schumacher rated Mika the highest because he was the only one who really challenged him at the time, because lets face it, it was a two team two driver era back then where as today the competition is soo much more tighter and the driver quality has improved(heck, just look at the gaps between the team mates back then 1second plus in qualifying! today thats unheard of).
Quote from Mustafur :lol, no wonder you hate Hamilton you only like Finnish drivers(granted your nationality in the first place), and considering Hamilton wiped the floor with one we get your current stance.

Its okay, your bias is almost at tristan's level and its showing.

Besides, the Ferrari in 07 was pretty much equal with the Mclaren, the lack of driver quality(Massa) on Ferrari's side is why overall they didn't score as much points.

Also in '08, Hamiltons car was arguably slower then the Ferrari that year as well.

Besides Schumacher rated Mika the highest because he was the only one who really challenged him at the time, because lets face it, it was a two team two driver era back then where as today the competition is soo much more tighter and the driver quality has improved(heck, just look at the gaps between the team mates back then 1second plus in qualifying! today thats unheard of).

Do you know why the differences were so big before? It's mostly because that nowdays the car's quality is coming more and more important and with technical devices driver's importance is diminishing. Wit launch control, slipstream, improved gears driving F1 car is easier than it was before. Comparing generations is useless. You can't be certain that now there are better drivers or that before there were better drivers.

And where have I said or proved that I hate Hamilton? I could say that you've been sleeping with Hamilton for the last decade and that is why you've been defending him for everything he's done but that doesn't make it true does it?

And if Massa's quality is so bad how is it that he was the one fighting for championship the next year with Hamilton? See you're arguments works this way too.
lol Since when was slipstream never used before now?

Back then it worked better as there was less turbulence and the engines between the cars had more varity in performance, besides most of those things you listed were available in that era as well.

There hasn't been much times i defend hamilton but in this case i think they got it wrong.

Also on Massa i do think hes driver quality diminished after hungary in '09 however there is little doubt in my mind the Ferrari was faster in '08, hes driver ability was never at an Hamilton or Alonso standard is what im saying.
''Following the San Marino Grand Prix, the Benetton, Ferrari and McLaren teams were investigated on suspicion of breaking the FIA-imposed ban on electronic aids.''
This is taken from wikipedia so it's possible it has flaws but I doubt that. This incident happened in 95. Are you saying there is no electronic aids currently being used?

And about slipstream, my mistake. I'm not a native speaker so tend to make errors now and then. I thought it meant the system that prevents tires from skidding in starts. Meant to write traction control but somehow ended up writing slipstream.
What era are you talking about??
You talk about the era where mika and Schumi where battling which was the late 90s early 2000s(1998-2000).

just got this from wikipedia(im sure if someone looks in the rules they will find this as well): Onboard electrical and computer systems, once inspected at the start of the season, may not be changed without prior approval. Electronic starters and launch control are forbidden. The computers must contain a telemetric accident data reporting system.

Considering all the aids your talking about do not apply to current formula what are you trying to say?

In fact the early 90s(1992 especially) had more driver aids then today(T/C, ABS, launch control the lot).

Of course your one of those people that think old is better while contradicting your self big time in the process.
Quote from Mustafur :What era are you talking about??
You talk about the era where mika and Schumi where battling which was the late 90s early 2000s(1998-2000).

just got this from wikipedia(im sure if someone looks in the rules they will find this as well): Onboard electrical and computer systems, once inspected at the start of the season, may not be changed without prior approval. Electronic starters and launch control are forbidden. The computers must contain a telemetric accident data reporting system.

Considering all the aids your talking about do not apply to current formula what are you trying to say?

In fact the early 90s(1992 especially) had more driver aids then today(T/C, ABS, launch control the lot).

Of course your one of those people that think old is better while contradicting your self big time in the process.

I was talking about the gap between the car's technology now and before. Looking back and reminded that still in the mid 90's all electronic aids were forbidden. Yes there were quite a few cheating attempts and we don't know how many pulled those off succesfully but the fact is that the cars were harder to drive before with less grip and less electronic devices. It has been said on many occasions that modern day technology in F1 softens the gap between good and bad drivers when compared to old days.

And here you are again making some lousy accusation and trying to mock me even I've said nothing that would prove so. You were talking about how modern day drivers are all better than before and I disagreed. Now you're insulting me and why? Does insulting someone else who disagrees make you more right? Does it give you some satisfaction that no matter who wins the conversation you've managed to throw some wild accusations trying to mock me? Well if that's how little kids argue nowdays and it gives you satisfaction go ahead I couldn't care less. As Vettel said, ''I don't care what he thinks of me''
Im sure nothing softens the gap more then ABS, T/C and launch control in the one package.

also on what occasions?

Sure the Cars may have been harder to control at some point but it still shouldn't make the gaps soo big, this is F1 and its supposed to have the highest quality drivers and the most talented.

The fact remains drivers of this era have a much more experienced racing background before entering F1 which refines their talent much better before they enter, so the driver quality is much higher overall, most f1 drivers today given a weaker team mate(how it was in those days) and a leading car from that era could easily win titles.
I highly doubt that. Also how do you think the modern day F1 drivers have more experience? The trend is to go to F1 as soon as possible. How's that experience?
It is also a tactical solution to have one stronger and one weaker driver and right now both Ferrari and Red Bull do have one driver who's clearly better than the other. Schumacher ruled in from mid 90's almost a decade so now that he's gotten old people are getting to forget how good he actually was. I dare say no driver currently could have beaten Schumacher at his best.

Overall quality may be better now when F1 is more popular but if you look at the best drivers you can't compare most of them since you've never seen them drive with the same gear. Schumacher has driven with the same gear and did quite fantastic job before his ''retirement'' that turned out only to last for few years. Don't forget that Barrichello was a clear second driver in Ferrari and was very close with Button in Brawn. That tells something of modern day drivers. You my friend are seriously undermining the former champions. And I can't figure why. Even Intrepid respects Senna. You seem to be so excited about modern day driving (mainly Hamilton though it seems) that you forget that the greatest battles or most exciting overtakes were not done by modern day drivers. This is the result of changes in both equipment and drivers and we will never know which affects the most. You can guess but remember that it's only guesses that one can make of driver's true skills. It's exactly the same as comparing Nascar's champion to F1 champion without ever seeing them drive a ''neutral'' race with car that neither of them is familiar with.
I wasn't exactly undermining former champions I was under mining pretty much every else.

You might think they try to get young drivers into f1 as soon as possible but they start racing much younger as well.

I hope you do realize since f1 is much more restricted then it was in the 80s or 90s the cars are much closer in performace meaning it's significantly harder to overtake opponents the pirellis and drs help change that.

Redbulls 1 second gap to Ferrari in hungary last year was called dominace where as back in the 80s and 90s that was the gap between team mates in the same car!!

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG