The online racing simulator
An idea For revamp of WRC
(38 posts, started )
I personally love the live coverage of the power stage, and if the whole 3 days could be like that....wow, Coverage kinda like golf is covered, but better. But that would surely cost way to much.
#27 - Don
#28 - 5haz
I think the main issue is that top level rallying has become too efficient and clinical. Modern cars do their job so well that there is a general lack of drama in their performance, but then that opens up the debate as to whether you think motorspport should be about excitement and driving skill or pushing the technological envelope, as these two things have begun pulling the sport in opposite directions more than ever in the last 20 years.

Of course its also important to consider how rallies have been shortened and night stages essentially outlawed too, economic and commercial pressure is probrably to blame, which of course is another not entirely popular force pulling on top level motorsport/rallying.
that's one of the reasons they banned variable diffs some years ago and the center differential at all now, so that drivers need to use flamboyant handbrake sliding to get the car round tight corners.
Talking of WRC , my father is transporting M-sport rally cars from Heathrow to Cockermouth as we speak,

Solberg, Latvala and Frederico Villagra's cars.
Quote from BlueFlame :Talking of WRC , my father is transporting M-sport rally cars from Heathrow to Cockermouth as we speak,

Solberg, Latvala and Frederico Villagra's cars.

For the first time, I'm envious of you!!! (Well, your Dad, but that's effectively you on a forum community!)
Quote from tristancliffe :For the first time, I'm envious of you!!! (Well, your Dad, but that's effectively you on a forum community!)

I'm envious of him too, what do you reckon the total value of all load is? 3 cars must be at least a million pounds I guess but then he has aload of spares filling up the gaps that the cars don't take up.

He said they are like bolted inside a cage with a dust sheet over the top of all.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm envious of him too, what do you reckon the total value of all load is? 3 cars must be at least a million pounds I guess but then he has aload of spares filling up the gaps that the cars don't take up.

He said they are like bolted inside a cage with a dust sheet over the top of all.

The rally ready cars have to retail for no more than €168,000 (FIA S2000 rules), so 3 cars would be at most €504,000.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The rally ready cars have to retail for no more than €168,000 (FIA S2000 rules), so 3 cars would be at most €504,000.

Ah, still though, I reckon a race spec works Ford/Citroen would get 1mil at least for a collector.
Quote from BlueFlame :Ah, still though, I reckon a race spec works Ford/Citroen would get 1mil at least for a collector.

At an auction if Ford/Citroen decided to flog one for charity, then yes, it could easily crack 1million, but as a customer, you could approach Ford/Citroen/Mini and buy a car you could take to the next WRC event and race the wheels off it and still get change from 170k. That makes me think that current millionaires are dumb. To buy a rally ready, road legal rocket ship for less than a top spec Lambo or Fezza, I'd take the rally car every day.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :At an auction if Ford/Citroen decided to flog one for charity, then yes, it could easily crack 1million, but as a customer, you could approach Ford/Citroen/Mini and buy a car you could take to the next WRC event and race the wheels off it and still get change from 170k. That makes me think that current millionaires are dumb. To buy a rally ready, road legal rocket ship for less than a top spec Lambo or Fezza, I'd take the rally car every day.

Shhh!
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :At an auction if Ford/Citroen decided to flog one for charity, then yes, it could easily crack 1million, but as a customer, you could approach Ford/Citroen/Mini and buy a car you could take to the next WRC event and race the wheels off it and still get change from 170k. That makes me think that current millionaires are dumb. To buy a rally ready, road legal rocket ship for less than a top spec Lambo or Fezza, I'd take the rally car every day.

These millionaires probably do own these rally vehicles as well as their Ferraris etc...

but in all truthfulness... as good as they may be ... a Rally Ford Focus... is still a a Ford Focus.
Quote from Intrepid :These millionaires probably do own these rally vehicles as well as their Ferraris etc...

but in all truthfulness... as good as they may be ... a Rally Ford Focus... is still a a Ford Focus.

True, some of the garages these guys own are a wet dream come true.

It carries a Ford Fiesta badge, but there is very little original metal left when you compare an M-Sport Fiesta to a Ford Fiesta. If you're a badge snob, then for sure, stick to your exotica, but with my money, M-Sport every time. That or the VW Toerag Dakar special, a ludicrous vehicle that I'd love to drive through London.

An idea For revamp of WRC
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG