The online racing simulator
#77 - Jakg
Quote from rich uk :well bored tonight so found this ride on a road I take often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqtpCRuoZA

that was surprisingly enjoyable. nice tunes too.
Quote from Jakg :That overtake at the start was questionable...

any pass you can drive away from is a good one. lol. but yeah, any sooner and it he would of had been the first to the scene of the accident.
You can see about half a mile up the road from that corner with no turnings on either side. It looks bad but infact was probably one of the safer overtakes
Quote from rich uk :You can see about half a mile up the road from that corner with no turnings on either side. It looks bad but infact was probably one of the safer overtakes

it also helps to know the roads. like when you took a strange line to avoid the two manholes that were slightly hidden.
Hmm, first Jakg posted his video and I went out to quickly fab up a camera mount for in the car. I didn't get it finished with the mounting, but did test it out with temporary mounting (bungie cords, LOL.) I tossed it in the trunk and hadn't thought of it again, but now more videos are popping up, so I may have to pull it back out to finish the mounting.

I'm not going to show my test because it mostly flipped up to show the roof (mounted behind my head to the headrest) and I flipped it back when I stopped only to have it flip up again. I'll fix the mounting and take a video sometime this week.

Quote from rich uk :...found this ride on a road I take often

So, not your video then? That's a nice road.
Sadly it's not my video no . The other side of my town has better riding roads imo i'll linky to a vid. but best to mute it and have your own music on. Or be a little boy and make your very own motorbike noises

I reccomend Joy Division - Disorder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfThHO2D6xY

and get it sorted mrodgers
Quote from rich uk :well bored tonight so found this ride on a road I take often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqtpCRuoZA

I love that road. The A272 especially, always used to be over there when I went out.

Jack, the overtake at the start was fine, you can see for about half a mile around that corner and up the hill.

Some of the best parts of that road were "backwards" from the start of the video. I remember when I got my Pilot Power 2cts fitted to my beleved (and sadly missed) Triumph, I scrubbed them in along that road, it was about 20 degrees C, an early september Saturday afternoon. Many opportunies for sweeping bends and awesome knee-downs and pure riding pleasure.

Unfortunately when you come out of the very wooded section (the big hill), that corner is a bitch and I had the misfortune of seeing someone write off their 954 Blade on that corner (going the opposite direction, so turning right). It starts off quite nicely but then sharpens up alot, and there aren't really any road signs which indicate that, other than the "> > >" sign. There's also a devilish bump on the first 1/3rd of the lane so again, gots to be careful!

That guy rides quite similar to how I do, makes me miss my bikes all the more now. Need to get another..ugh.
I gave this a go with my iPhone mounted in the tomtom cradle and it worked beautifully. Video is pretty good quality and in 720p.

Won't bother uploading though because it only takes me 10 minutes to get to work, and thats just going one junction down the motorway so there's nothing to see really
I'm tempted to try strapping my phone to the handlebars of my bike, or even the front of my helmet, to record some of my journey.
#87 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :And another of my drive to work...

Staying on your own side of the road to difficult for you?

Me and my dad were in an accident where someone tried to be smart and cut the corner. Unfortunately we met him half way through the corner.

It's not big and clever even if you think you know the road.
aren't you meant to come to a complete stop at a roundabout?
Quote from Franky.S :Staying on your own side of the road to difficult for you?

It's not big and clever even if you think you know the road.

Agreed. Ass move.. going 1/3 over the other side of the road is negotiable, but fully onto the other-side? I've never seen anybody do that. If you wanna take apex's like Gianlewis Fisibutton then maybe you should book a track day and get it out of your system.
Wat.
The only place you're always supposed to completely stop at is a STOP sign.

There was an awful lot of wrong side driving in that video though.
#92 - DeKo
Quote from dadge :aren't you meant to come to a complete stop at a roundabout?

Not if it's clear, why would you want to do that?
Quote from RasmusL :Wat.
The only place you're always supposed to completely stop at is a STOP sign.

There was an awful lot of wrong side driving in that video though.

Also the fact he overtook TWO cars in one swoop (the road was clear but that's a definate driving test-fail manouvre).

wtf
Quote from BlueFlame :Agreed. Ass move.. going 1/3 over the other side of the road is negotiable, but fully onto the other-side? I've never seen anybody do that. If you wanna take apex's like Gianlewis Fisibutton then maybe you should book a track day and get it out of your system.

Nothing wrong with takin the cheeky racing line when the roads are open and clear
Quote from Seb66 :Nothing wrong with takin the cheeky racing line when the roads are open and clear

If you're on an airfield yes. There could of been a cyclist or something, or even someone walking along the road. Clear of cars yes, and it was evident also because the camera position was high, but clear completely? Wasn't evident, especially from drivers seat. Could of been anything down there, motorcyclist could of been lying on the road after a wreck. You'll never know, that's why on the public road, you just have to be as safe as you can be, without being dangerously cautious.
#97 - Jakg

What? Why would you if the road is completely clear?

Although the video doesn't show it so well, you can see straight across those bends and any cars coming for the next half a mile. There is *no* way you'd not see a car coming. I would only do it if I could see there was nothing coming, and the surface of the road itself (which I can). It's not about driving fast (because I really wasn't), it's just about being smooth
You still overtook 2 cars in one manouvre and there were two side roads on the right hand side.
#99 - Jakg
Quote from BlueFlame :You still overtook 2 cars in one manouvre and there were two side roads on the right hand side.

Whats wrong overtaking 2 cars in one manoeuvre? I've overtaken 8 cars in one before without it being dangerous.

There was only one side road while I was actually overtaking, and that road is a dirt track going to a few houses that runs parallel the road I was on - i.e. you can easily see if any cars are on the road, and see if theres going to be anyone pulling out from the side road well before I commited to the overtake.

I love how you guys are determined to find fault with my driving.
Your parking sucked. ..............................................................................trololololol

What does your drive to work look like?
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG