The online racing simulator
Quote from E.Reiljans :what a waste of a great TI PCM1794 DAC. Seriously, there's no difference between onboard card and a $200 PCIe card if you're using optical output. :|
+ Z5500 is crappiest speaker set I've ever heard in my whole life.

I'm using 3.5mm for a headset as well, I just didn't think it was all that necessary. The headset I have is a Sennheiser PC350.

That's your opinion of them
Quote from c00kie :That's your opinion of them

No that's the figure of THD being 10%.
Quote from HWX_eXcluded :I would if the pedal arms were longer and slightly curved so that the pedal moves away from me in a relatively straight line and not curve as much as they do if you reverse-mount them. I am however thinking of getting rid of the plastic case and hardmount the rails to the metal plate for added stiffness, plus getting the spacing between the brake and throttle right

With the G25 (not with the G27) you can easily extend the pedals and get rid of some of the curvyness.

Here is a quick guide I made:

Quote from Feffe85 :Old stuff:
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz
Cooling: Stock
Videocard: Gigabyte GTX460 768MB
Cooling: STOCK
Memory: CORSAIR Dominator GT DHX 2000MHz
HDD: 1x 40GB, 1x 500GB, 1x 320GB & 1x 1TB
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Gene mATX
PSU: COOLER MASTER REAL POWER MODULAR 520W
Soundcard: Inboard crap
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 2494HS
Wheel: Logitech G25
Keyboard/mouse: Logitech G15 / Razer Diamondback 3G Blue

New stuff:
Chassi: Corsair Obsidian 800D
CPU Cooling: Corsair H70
Videocard: Gigabyte GTX460 768MB x2
Motherboard: eVGA X58 Classified 4-way SLI
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 850W
Soundcard: The one in my Logitech G35's..
Keyboard: Logitech G19

Updated
Quote :Chassi: Corsair Obsidian 800D

Looks very nice & professional, unlike those 1000 LEDs + 1000 neons + 9001 'stylish' (sarcasm) design elements.

But.. why 768 and not 1GB GTX 460's? Price diff is like $10
Quote from E.Reiljans :No that's the figure of THD being 10%.

And so are a number of HTIB's, what's your point?

I don't really notice any distortion anyway, so they're fine for what I want them for.
Quote from c00kie :And so are a number of HTIB's, what's your point?

lolwat

I have never seen a (proper) HTIB with over 1% THD figure.
Quote :I don't really notice any distortion anyway, so they're fine for what I want them for.

Well yeah some people are deaf.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Even a GTX 580 needs only 250 watts.Eww, what a waste of a great TI PCM1794 DAC. Seriously, there's no difference between onboard card and a $200 PCIe card if you're using optical output. :|

Who said he was using optical? I've got the same setup (X-Fi / Z5500) and use 3.5mm to let the DAC on the card do the work for this exact reason...
Quote from E.Reiljans :Z5500 is crappiest speaker set I've ever heard in my whole life.

It's not brilliant, but it's one of the best 5.1 consumer grade PC speakers.

Plus that dubious honor goes to the Logitech X540's.
Quote from E.Reiljans :People who own professional hardware don't play around with customer-grade videocards etc.

But you just said they did. And that it needed 250w.

Which is it?
Quote from E.Reiljans :Well yeah some people are deaf.

I have good ears. The Z5500's aren't brilliant, but they certainly don't distort at any sensible levels.

Why so much troll?
Quote from Jakg :Who said he was using optical? I've got the same setup (X-Fi / Z5500) and use 3.5mm to let the DAC on the card do the work for this exact reason...

Titanium HD has only stereo analogue output, and using Z-5500 as 2.0 set would make no sense at all.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Looks very nice & professional, unlike those 1000 LEDs + 1000 neons + 9001 'stylish' (sarcasm) design elements.

But.. why 768 and not 1GB GTX 460's? Price diff is like $10

Yeah i know, but when I got the first one, it was thanks to an RMA. And they didnt think that the 1gb-version was equal to my RMA'd GTX260 -.-

Tho im thinking of saving money for 1 or 2 580's instead

EDIT: Also added a picture of the beauty.. Sry to say that i didnt have my tripod nearby, so it had to be taken with a flash..

I hope its good anyhow
Attached images
e762.jpg
Quote from Feffe85 :EDIT: Also added a picture of the beauty.. Sry to say that i didnt have my tripod nearby, so it had to be taken with a flash..

That mobo is fuсking sex.
Quote from E.Reiljans :That mobo is fuсking sex.

Thanks mate. Yeah, for $350 it really is a beast

Tho i really would love if they changed the 800D to be able to hold XL-ATX
i love those all-in-one cooling solutions. they give the pc a bit of a borg feel. and that can't be a bad thing.
Quote from dadge :i love those all-in-one cooling solutions. they give the pc a bit of a borg feel. and that can't be a bad thing.

I love 'em too. It's just to bad that the cooling I have (H70), performs worse than my old CM V8. So I'm thinking of getting me one of those fancy 1366-brackets for the V8 so i can try it on the I7
Treated myself after 7 yrs of my old rig =)
Sweet beast doesn't even fit in the cupboard because the case is too big.

Asus ATI Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366)
Intel 320 Series 120GB 2.5" SATA-II 25nm Solid State Hard Drive
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
GeIL 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850W Power Supply
Antec 1200 Twelve Hundred (V3 with USB3.0) Ultimate Gaming Case - Black
Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse (910-001759)
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard (920-000978)

New Logitech Driving Force GT wheel to go with.

A little overspecced for lfs but should keep me going for a few years.
Another day, another new laptop.

My old Acer broke twice, and I decided I wanted something a little faster than the SU9400, so I bought an Acer 4820T. Build quality isn't brilliant, but at £280 for a refurb I really can't complain.

It's got an i3 with an 8 hour battery life, should fit the bill nicely...

Also junked the 3GB of RAM for 8GB, the 250GB HDD for a 500GB one and the Broadcom WiFi card for an Intel 5300 I had spare.
Worryingly this is my 4th laptop/netbook in my 2 years at Uni...

EDIT - Weirdly, despite being a refurb & looking brand new, it was built in March last year...
Nice job an getting another Acer.
Quote from Jakg :Find me better for £280...

You can have my MSi for that. What's your point?

no wait, you can't.
Quote from Jakg :Find me better for £280...

i think you're going about it the right way. a uni laptop should be cheap and cheerful. if it breaks, then it's not much of a loss. as long as it can get you onto youtube to poke sticks at post op trannys then all is good.
right u cant complain for 280,but u will later on.. many times
Quote from e2mustang :right u cant complain for 280,but u will later on.. many times

I keep my laptops for ~9 months before I get bored and get something else. The extra speed is nice, but i'm fairly sure i'll end up getting something smaller, lighter and less nasty soon anyway.

EDIT - Luckily my old install of Windows still worked so I didnt have to go through days of reinstalling software... WIN.
well now u can only hope it makes that 9 months
my setup

intel core 2 quad core @2.4ghz(x4)
asustek p5q pro turbo motherboard with own os which can browse internet without loading windows
8.0gb ram
x2 ati radeon 5770 gpu's (crossfire) 1gb each gpu
22 inch medion hd touch screen monitor
hyper htc aluminium gaming case
x2 1tb sata hdd
x2 4096kb L2 cache
windows 64 bit
pics not very good as not got a cam and using my sons one
Attached images
2011 May 19 - 07.05.11.369.jpg
2011 May 19 - 07.07.56.683.jpg
247930_1787239281843_1265384698_31602288_7441956_n.jpg