The online racing simulator
Quote from TRM.13 :
Could be possible to have an option to order the list of online servers by clicking on number of players, or server name, or whatever you want instead of like now ordered by ping?

And maybe show the Legends of Server Info letters? Would still fit in a compatible patch
:bananalla
Quote from Jakg :Realistic speedometer based on drive shaft speed

YAY 2000km/h with BF1 on the roof and freely spinning tyres
Quote from ORION :YAY 2000km/h with BF1 on the roof and freely spinning tyres

Attached images
LFS 2006-06-30 22-55-48-25.jpg
Maximum value reached marker added to virtual pedals
So-many-fixes-and-new-features-can't-take-much-more-must-go-play- - - :faint:
I downloaded it..... but WinAce cannot open the file
Just be careful when using new speedo, now the number it shows is greater than it used to be (about 2 km/h more in FZR when youre just going straight), but in fact car travels at same speed than it was before. I guess this is normal as driven wheels always rotate a bit faster than car really travels. Will be interesting to see this number when tyres wear out and wheels actually become smaller.

Great improvements (and all the others), thanks.
#33 - Jakg
Quote from Spudster :I downloaded it..... but WinAce cannot open the file

try a re-download then, also, i realised that the digital speedo only goes up to 1000 mph, but i can get a LOT faster, as i brake it goes round the dial alot, im geussing the wheels were going ~3600 Mph
Dammit, will have to get up extra early to play with this now, or I will be a patch out of date when talking about LFS in pub tomorrow... DAMMIT!
Quote from Scawen :Maximum value reached marker added to virtual pedals

Thanks!!

Only a year or so after i first suggested it :haha::bowdown:
This is what keeps me playing lfs - The devs, That work tirelessly to improve things to the point that I think (and hope) in a few months we will have a 100% S2, and if possible, in a year, a very early S3

R
E
S
P
E
C
T

Go DEVS!!!
when testin i noticed my fps when from about 65 on a loaded au track to a meer 31 any1 know why?
YAY REAL SPEEDOSZZZZ!!!!1111111one

:woohoo:
Edit: i thought i had a bug but it was something else =)
this patch is AWESOME. Can't wait to see what's coming next

Keep up the good work Scawen
one option I'd like to see related to the views, is the ability to turn off the virtual wheel display thing, in custom views. fairly pointless having it when I've got a wheel in front of me
That option is there, since patch U7.
must be stupid, still can't find it... :|
Hhehh, Yeah the speedometer (digital hud) can only go up to 999 mph .

Funny how the BF1's rear wheels can reach upwards of 3,000 MPH+ (use incar speedo to see) and nothing happens . Fuel ticks at about 0.1 liters a second tho
Thanks for your hard work Scawen. I have two features I would like to see.

I have an old TSW(gameport) and when I shift I get that microsecond double click that makes it change more than one gear at a time. In rFactor they were able to fix it by adding some sort of delay. Would it be possible to add a slider that makes the game ignore two quick shifts. Something in miliseconds.

Second. Maybe it's just me but I haven't figured out how to rewind replays. If this still isn't in game would love to see this feature. If it's already in can someone tell me which button it is.

Cheers, love the game.
Quote from Blowtus :must be stupid, still can't find it... :|

Here.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from Scawen :
NOTE 4 : You cannot use a shifter on a single seater car. If you have a shifter, LFS automatically sets to sequential when you select a single seater. There are two separate versions of these three settings (one for sequential and one for shifter) : AutoClutch, GCCut, GCBlip. That's because a lot of people may wish to use auto clutch with their paddle shift and manual clutch with their shifter.

What does all this part mean? I'm very lost...

And can we still use the stick-shifter to shift gears with autocluth or I have no idea how to explain?
Quote from dontsimon :Here.

heh, I see now. my original post lacked clarity. I'm talking the 'virtual wheel display' thing - visible with virtual clocks on. little slider in the centre lower screen that shows how much wheel movement is happening. Can't turn it off while using a virtual tacho.
Ah, okay. Crossed wires.
Quote from Knight_Atack :
Quote from Scawen :
NOTE 4 : You cannot use a shifter on a single seater car. If you have a shifter, LFS automatically sets to sequential when you select a single seater. There are two separate versions of these three settings (one for sequential and one for shifter) : AutoClutch, GCCut, GCBlip. That's because a lot of people may wish to use auto clutch with their paddle shift and manual clutch with their shifter.

What does all this part mean? I'm very lost...

And can we still use the stick-shifter to shift gears with autocluth or I have no idea how to explain?

OK... this for people who use an H shifter (and maybe a clutch pedal) when they drive a road car in LFS. It's quite inappropriate for a racing car, and in previous versions of LFS, when changing from a road car to a single seater, they would have to go into their settings and select "sequential" instead of "shifter". Then they would probably switch on Auto Clutch (if they use a clutch pedal with a shifter and no clutch pedal with their paddle shifter). And possibly they would want to change their Gear Change Cut and Gear Change Blip setting as well...

But now, users who have "shifter" selected in their settings, will use a shifter when they are driving a road car, but when they select a single seater, LFS automatically brings their "sequential" settings into action. They don't need to go into any settings screens to change anything (because there is a separate collection of "shifting help" settings for shifter mode and sequential mode).

By "shifting help" settings I mean Auto Clutch, Upshift Cut, Downshift Blip. I've only made them appear when it's relevant, so the interface for this has not become confusing.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG