The online racing simulator
XRT Drift Interior Adta
(23 posts, started )
#1 - adta
XRT Drift Interior Adta
Their consequences are two very good drift mod interior. Konbináltam and two. Who want to use your time.

Pictures.

Download.

Above all rights reserved.
How is this an improvement?
It's not even a suggestion.
What's this? Vob mods?
#4 - adta
This is an internal mod. I really liked it.
Yea, I don't think the devs are gonna be happy when they find you advertising an illegal mod in there forum that is dedicated for suggestions to improve LFS.
Just used .dds files? or where I see it is modded?

or is editing .dds files also modding? Like if I want to change steering wheel from original to something else, is it illegal? Just wanna ask
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Just used .dds files? or where I see it is modded?

or is editing .dds files also modding? Like if I want to change steering wheel from original to something else, is it illegal? Just wanna ask

no, editing DDS files is okay, people have done it to their headlights and other places (replacement back seats, steering wheels, etc)... they're just texture files.

edit: but i never downloaded the file. from the pictures i couldn't tell there was indeed a vob mod attached.
Thats indeed a vob mod. Which is illegal
In before lock
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Just used .dds files? or where I see it is modded?

DDS mod of any kind should be legal.

This one however, is done with a VOB mod, which is not allowed.

Actually I like the design. But forbidden is forbidden.
That dds is usefull in a stock xrt(I use it), but the vob pictures is a fail
VOB 's
VOB should should be legal on ask for modification of original VOB's
but the VOB Model replacement of another real model could be another discusion because of copyright of trademarks and license

if we ask if we can change some things on original LFS cars it will be ok
example:
XRT ask for change the exhaust + ask to LFSdev's = OK
XRT ask for change the model with another real car + ask LFSDev's = No
cuz of copyrights of the real model car
Copyright / trademark ? No...

Non-commercial mods from 3rd-parties don't face copyright problems. The problem is, vob modification affects physics.

Some vob mods give you a big advantage in close combats. When the connection lags, you opponent flies away, but you don't because your car is smaller.
oh ok i understand now but erm yeah if it was vob they just should be added in-game not replaced vob why not like they will add the sirocco in S3
Quote from Keling :Some vob mods give you a big advantage in close combats. When the connection lags, you opponent flies away, but you don't because your car is smaller.

Say that this smaller car is a modded XRT, wouldn't that mean that all XRTs would be "smaller" on your side?
#16 - War
I'm quite sure people don't use VOB mods for advantages in close combats. But yeah i kinda agree on letting people to tune the original lfs cars to they're likings. For instance some splitters etc...
Quote from War :I'm quite sure people don't use VOB mods for advantages in close combats. But yeah i kinda agree on letting people to tune the original lfs cars to they're likings. For instance some splitters etc...

Tuning the car is already possible. You can adjust many aspects of the suspension. You can put just about any gear ratios you want into your car. There are a number off different differentials. However, I'm guessing you're talking about the visual "tuning" or modifying. As long as LFS isn't turned into some kind of a ricers derby I'm ok with some minor visual modifications. In fact, there is a car with a cosmetic option already: The UF1 with it's optional hardtop.
#18 - War
Quote from pärtan :Tuning the car is already possible. You can adjust many aspects of the suspension. You can put just about any gear ratios you want into your car. There are a number off different differentials. However, I'm guessing you're talking about the visual "tuning" or modifying. As long as LFS isn't turned into some kind of a ricers derby I'm ok with some minor visual modifications. In fact, there is a car with a cosmetic option already: The UF1 with it's optional hardtop.

I'm not talking about making LFS NFS. I just think it should be allowed to add rollcages and so.
Quote from War :I'm not talking about making LFS NFS. I just think it should be allowed to add rollcages and so.

Mhh, and I'd like to get rims with wider offset
I just have a few questions WRT VOBs.

- So do VOBs change the physics? As someone said, which was briefly answered, but somewhat ambiguously, if I made a "chibi" XRT, would I be able to "hit" them without actually getting hit?

And if they do, how do people use them online. Don't they get kicked? How do you change suspension settings with VOBs? If I put wings, like airplane wings, on a Formula car, would I be able to make the car fly?

- If VOBs do not change the physics, why are they illegal? As long as no one sees them except the user... isn't that fine?

Thanks.
Quote from GenesisX :I just have a few questions WRT VOBs.

- So do VOBs change the physics? As someone said, which was briefly answered, but somewhat ambiguously, if I made a "chibi" XRT, would I be able to "hit" them without actually getting hit?

And if they do, how do people use them online. Don't they get kicked? How do you change suspension settings with VOBs? If I put wings, like airplane wings, on a Formula car, would I be able to make the car fly?

- If VOBs do not change the physics, why are they illegal? As long as no one sees them except the user... isn't that fine?

Thanks.

Afaik Vob's just change the physical appearance of the car and have no affect on the actual handling/physics of the car. The problem with .vob mods is that while the .vob does change the appearance of the car, LFS still uses the original unedited car model for collision detection which causes problems when racing against others due to the differences in the original car shape and the new modified one.

They used to work online (z28 and before) but in the recent test patches they are now detected and will give people using them a JOOS: CAR error when they connect to a server.
If I'm not too wrong there are two types of VOB mods.
One kind only affects visuals, the other also affects the collision mesh.
New version of LFS detects those changes on collision mesh and reject your connection.

I think the wheel base, weight, etc can't be modified by a VOB mod, only it's collision mesh.
Quote from xfirestorm :Say that this smaller car is a modded XRT, wouldn't that mean that all XRTs would be "smaller" on your side?

Please keep in mind that in multi-player each car's movement is calculated locally. On player A's (who uses mod) side, every car is smaller, so there's no collision. On player B's (no mod) side, every car is bigger, so there is overlapping and both cars will go airborne.

The problem is, each car's movement is calculated on that player's side of the connection. The server only uses each player's data to update position/speed of the specific car as this is considered to be the most accurate way. Because on A's side no car flies, the data from A's computer will "tell" the server that A's car is running normally, and everyone else on the server will receive the same data. On the other side, B's car becomes a rocket on B's computer, and the server will receive some data from B which describes a flying car, so everyone on the server will see B flying.

In the early days of vob modification, some people did a test to show the potential ability of this kind of modding to gain advantage in collisions. (I can't find the video now.) They modded FZ5 into a "ghost car" which had no body at all, just like what we see in force view. Several players using this mod placed their FZ5s in a row, as close to the next one as possible. The cars stayed there quietly. Then a guy using no mod joined the server, and something interesting happened. For those mod users, no car moved. But on the new comer's side, the FZ5s all flew up into the sky, and got respawned again and again. The video looked like a short GIF showing an explosion.

XRT Drift Interior Adta
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG