The online racing simulator
FLP/m presents: FLP Soccer!
(68 posts, started )
#26 - troy
i was banned yesterday, i think that was my first ever

was stupid tried the same like smurfen, there was no ball anymore
i hope its just a normal ban that lasts 24hours so i can play again tonight
the server seems to be down now?
Quote from troy :i hope its just a normal ban that lasts 24hours so i can play again tonight

It's a normal 24h ban, would be alot shorter if it could.
Quote from Atixt :the server seems to be down now?

It's restarted now.
I have been there, and tried it out. It`s very very funny, unpredictable and different.

Who get an idea like this - Only a mad swede can think of something like this.

Well done Filur and Fel !!

Quote from alland44 :I have been there, and tried it out. It`s very very funny, unpredictable and different.

Who get an idea like this - Only a mad swede can think of something like this.

Well done Filur and Fel !!

Or a British TV show called Top Gear
I saw that show !
Didn`t think of that, even when i played "soccer" at the swedes !?

Did they play with a car ?? NO !
As i remember, they played with a big ball.

The geniality with the swedes, is that they use a uf1 as the ball - And it is playable !! I still think that is very creative
Quote from alland44 :Did they play with a car ?? NO !

:eclipseeh :soccer: :eclipseeh :static:
Ping problems
i am fine in every other server but when i join this server my CPU readings go crazy and i have major lag plz help
:bump:

the server can be found online again. Be sure to read the instructions in the first post of this thread.

edit: and it still seems like people are not able to follow the simple instructions. If a group of people would like to "lend" the server for a private session drop me a pm. This mod may seem very buggy if you join it when there are people online who can't play properly, but once you get into it, and play with people who actually tries to play "soccer" instead of ramming you, it can be very fun. So, team up!
#35 - troy
great news im happy to see it back again
Quote from felplacerad :This mod may seem very buggy if you join it when there are people online who can't play properly, but once you get into it, and play with people who actually tries to play "soccer" instead of ramming you, it can be very fun.

I'm actually surprised by how well it works, long time no see.

The game can really be quite fun, but just as normal racing requires people to make an effort, so does this thing. For example, you probably don't need to change car during the countdown since it's very likely you'll delay the spawning of the ball, wait until the ball is being fought for in a corner somewhere. Likewise you don't need to pit each time your car is slightly damaged, you will get damaged again before you know it.

Trying to hit the ball at very high speed is probably the worst available strategy, ie. driving back to your side and returning at 120 km/h. An ordered list of probable achievement follows:

1) You miss the ball and hit another player instead.
2) You miss the ball and end up in a wall.
3) You hit the ball with such force it goes out of bounds.
4) You hit the ball sending it flying thru the goal at too high speed.
62) You score a goal.

*Edit: short explanation of the most intrusive restrictions:

No manual pitting - pitting manually will let players leave the garage at the same time, ending up inside each others car in the mid circle, having a huge crash as soon as anyone moves.

No moving at start - if not forbidden, players will be heading for the mid circle at about a million miles per hour during the countdown, this results in everyone crashing, getting badly damaged and trying to pit, chaos.
Can I suggest a name for this "mod" then?

How about "Soccar"?
Quote from Dajmin :Can I suggest a name for this "mod" then?

How about "Soccar"?

Lol, about 6 months late, but hey ...

good one
I'm slow, but I get there in the end.

Hmmm, in both life and LFS. Interesting...
#40 - Jakg
Quote from jimmyae_ae :i am fine in every other server but when i join this server my CPU readings go crazy and i have major lag plz help

Why would your CPU go crazy?

And for what its worth - the server is quite laggy (0.2 on each player rather than the .0.5's im used to!)
I was on the server last night at this thing is very fun indeed!
Cheers for the idea!
Thea idea belongs to someone else, we just automated it a tad
how do you spawn the ball? (besides !ball)
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :how do you spawn the ball? (besides !ball)

I am not certain if I fully understand your question. We're obviously using a 3rd party application which is not public yet (but will be eventually). The ball is not a "ball" created by us, it's simply an inactive player.

But to answer your question ..
The command to (re)spawn the ball is /pitlane <playername>
will this server be able to come online again? i think alot of people wants to play this game
i would like to try the actual concept of it. I enjoy playing sometimes with my team mates.
Would be nice if the InSim changes since then haven't broken the compatability.
It's not soccer its football, but nice idea.
I highly doubt the server will come online again. We'll let you know if it does.
aaaaw but i want to play

FLP/m presents: FLP Soccer!
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG