The online racing simulator
FLP/m presents: FLP Soccer!
(68 posts, started )
FLP, or Fred Loves Pie, would like to announce a new LFS modification!
FLP Soccer ([url="lfs://%7CFLP+Soccer+%28Beta%29%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]FLP Soccer (Beta)[/url]

Need a break from racing? Want to try something different? Here's an alternative! On our server you can participate in a primitive form of three-a-side soccer. And I guess all of you already are familiar with the gameplay of the game. We've spent a few nights developing this, and although it isn't perfect (and never will be) we think it's time to officially announce what it is all about and how it works!

What exactly makes this any different from any other lfs soccer, is that this thing tries to achieve an unadmined game, the ball should in theory be able to be completely afk, with game after game being played without any problems.
  • Gameplay[url="lfs://%7CFLP+Racing%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]
    [/url]
One player selects the UF1 and takes on the role as 'The Ball'. This client will obviously not take part in the game per say, but plays an important role in this game. The other clients decide which team they'd like to be in (either A or B by default) simply by lining up of either side of the pitch. Usually, Team A is Red and Team B, Blue. The maximum number of players per team are 3, but games of 2on2, and even 1on1 are possible.

The game is on when the ball is spawned mid-field. The game ends when either team scores 3 goals. There are no throw-ins nor corner kicks, if the ball gets out of bounds it will respawn mid-field.
  • Rules
When the ball is about to spawn, you are not allowed to be in the mid-circle, and you are not allowed to move. The most important rule is not to pit MANUALLY. Pitting manually will eventually end in total chaos. Please, use these commands:
  • Commands
!pit - Use this to repair your car, this command will check if the mid-circle is blocked, preventing players to spawn inside of each other.
!ball - Respawns the ball mid-field. Used when the ball is hit out of bounds.
!score - Displays the current score.
!teams - Displays the current team names.
!team [a|b] [name] - Use this command to rename your team.

If you'd like to switch teams/car/setup, first spectate, then enter the garage. Leave the garage and re-join the game when the mid-circle is not blocked by another client.
  • The Ball
As mentioned earlier, the game needs a ball. Anyone can take on the role as ball, but the player HAS to be named The Ball. We suggest that The Ball selects keyboard steer, this will keep the front wheels straight and it wont damage your steering wheel. We've created a skin and a setup for the ball to use, which are attached in this post.
  • Known bugs
The biggest problems with this mod are results of LFS built-in prediction of player movement and packet rates. Thus, the system might register misses as goals, and miss goals which were actually valid. Especially when the ball moves too fast. Another issue is blocking of the mid-circle (spawn-point). If the client acting as The Ball is the only one online, and he or she is spawned mid-field no other players will be able to join the game because of the spawn-point being blocked. Clients can sort this out by issuing the !ball command and leave the pits/join the game the second the ball respawns. We are aware of these flaws but there is nothing we can do.

• [url="http://flp.c0m.se"]http://flp.c0m.se[/url]
[url="http://flp.c0m.se"][/url]
Attached images
UF1_FLP-The_Ball.jpg
Attached files
UF 1000_The_Ball.set - 132 B - 472 views
AU4_FLP-Soccer.lyt - 1.8 KB - 440 views
And oh, I almost forgot. The teaser-video (xvid, 2mb). (Offline ... Maxtor drives? Never again ... )
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I suppose you've thought of this already, but: Why can't you use an AI as a ball?

beacuse the ai cant be /pitlaned

and why au4 instead of au1, etc?

beacuse au4 is the only au which reports the clients x,y,z position.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I wanted to have a look how it all goes, but I always lose connection in the first 10 seconds...
Cant join. Wrong Password.illepall

Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Cant join. Wrong Password.illepall

Ah, i see you're in now, but i'll explain. When the countdown commences, the server gets locked beacuse joining players interrupt the spawning of the ball. Just try again in a few seconds!
Had a little look and it all looks great fun

So when we starting the world cup ?
Ahh ok right. I doubt i'll play that much because all i felt it was was a ball dissapearing and re-appearing all over the place, then two twats just going around hitting you, and if im not mistaken, thats a foul and you gotta go for the ball.

Good idea tho, if the tits and the ball was a bit better it would be ace.
#9 - S0ul
woah,felplacerad i love you for your great ideas! the community certainly needs more people like you,ill check it out later this day. Thank you man!
LoL, very funni.
now all we need is a giant ballony tyre/very little weight mod for the uf1 by kegetys
unfortunately for me, this server even when empty is the one with the highest ping, if i ever succeed to connect it disconnects me after few seconds...i'm so sad...
#13 - S0ul
damn,seems that i cant connect...cant receive guest data or something....it has a ping of 141,maybe thats too much,too bad

Edit:well,ive been on the server after about 10 tries(sorry for annoying you with connect messages) but i disconnected....is there someway to reduce the lag?guess the only solution might be getting dsl-6000 -.-
Quote from felplacerad :beacuse the ai cant be /pitlaned

Now I know why you asked for that.
Sorry that the protocol doesn't allow it.
But I have added it to my notes for the next incompatible version.
Quote from felplacerad :And oh, I almost forgot. The teaser-video (xvid, 2mb).

Awesome vid.

(Although your taste in music is diabolical)
The server is very laggy. I cant stay connected for more than 20 seconds. I thought it might have been my connection but every other server is fine

Could you release the mod so perhaps a server closer to home could run it?
#17 - troy
yep i would love to see this on some more servers
otherwise just 3+3 people can play it

was a really nice match we had there
i will be on again tomorrow i guess
Yes, I was there yesterday, too, and when there wasnt people playing, who hit everything, that moves, even when the ball is nowhere near, it was very funny.

And there was no lag at all for me.
To steal a line from Top Gear, you guys are "at the very fore front of cocking about." Nice work guys, I'm a very big fan of FLP.

Quote from keiran :Had a little look and it all looks great fun

So when we starting the world cup ?

I can get some Eagles (The community that I'm a member of) to do some soccer with you guys. It would be good pratice for "Hitting a moveing mark".
-
(Dygear) DELETED by Dygear
i got banned i think :S i entered the pit to change car to be the ball. how do i get unbanned?

on the flp soccer beta server

fix it! i wanna play some carball!:bump:
Quote from Smurfen :i got banned i think :S i entered the pit to change car to be the ball. how do i get unbanned?

on the flp soccer beta server

fix it! i wanna play some carball!:bump:

I dont think you were banned. But still, please spectate->garage to change setup/skin/car
now i now that, but i pretty sure i was banned. i had already done it a couple of times and it said that i was gonna be banned. and when i tryed to join the server it said that the server was password protected
not banned enymore
played it earlier in the week, great fun, definatly glad someone took iniciative and started something.

(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG