The online racing simulator
Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
Been buzzed and tipsy plenty of times, but never incapacitated. I think it's hilarious to watch people get absoltuely blitzed and then not remember a single thing.
Quote from Rappa Z :Been buzzed and tipsy plenty of times, but never incapacitated. I think it's hilarious to watch people get absoltuely blitzed and then not remember a single thing.

Messing with them is the best part. First one passed out is the worst one to be.
-
(Drift King CZ) DELETED by Drift King CZ : Young and stupid to post this:)
Quote from Jertje :The difference is... and this somehow never pops up in one of these "Alcohol is a million time worse for society than other drugs" arguments: I can enjoy 1 or 2 beers with a movie or friends and have a good time. On the other hand, you never see people take 1/12th of an xtc pill, or a sprinkle of cocaine, or any other amount of drugs that causes an insignificant effect.

I'm not going to jump into any camp because I believe that alcohol does cause a shitload of problems, but the difference is that you don't have to get shitfaced every time you have a drink, whereas drugs are more of an on/off switch in their effect.

Drugs are not an on/off switch in their affect, it works the same as alcohol. Its just that usually, a larger dose is required to get the full experience. But a full experience is not always necessary, or needed.

While i wouldn't take 1/12th of a pill, i do however take small doses of drugs, in some cases less is more.

Smaller doses of speed make me more alert, confident, energetic(subtle energy), focused, and a sense of general goodness, which is great for a social setting, or even just having to spend an all nighter studying or something.

Same as taking half a tab at a large event/party is generally a lot more fun than taking a massive dosage. You can still function and have an amazing time watching light trails and such, but you're not that messed up that you can't comprehend whats going on around you while you're in another universe. (Large doses are perfectly fine around good friends)

And i know plenty of pot smokers that smoke a tiny bit to get them some-what high to relax, but not full on stoned.
Quote from -NightFly- :Cry me a river.

Read my post, before spouting bullshit you uneducated moron.
Quote from Klutch :
Read my post, before spouting bullshit you uneducated moron.

I did that... and in the other threads also, where you were writing basically same, no need to get touchy and start insulting. And that's just your point of view, justifying your addiction by telling everyone how bad alcohol is compared to drugs, we all know (well, most of us at least) what alcohol does to us already.
Don't drink much hard liquor (scotch or bourbon when I do), but I'm a bit of a beer enthusiast. Since I'm mainly drinking for the taste, I rarely get anything beyond tipsy, and I'm usually drinking with food.

Sippin' on some Westmalle Tripel right now.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Don't drink much hard liquor (scotch or bourbon when I do), but I'm a bit of a beer enthusiast. Since I'm mainly drinking for the taste, I rarely get anything beyond tipsy, and I'm usually drinking with food.

Sippin' on some Westmalle Tripel right now.

Same here.... only that i tend to get hammered by beer occasionally and that takes a "few" bottles to be consumed by one night.

But as for fighting.... i've never been caught in fights when drunk (i don't change much), though i've been offered it several times i've politely refused, talked my friends out from a certain bloodfest few times and one time all it took me to calm down a guy that jumped on my friend was to hold him for a minute or two with his hands behind his back.

Edit* I think closest call has been for me (at least when i've been sober) so far with a guy who had swallowed/injected something else than alcohol, he's eyes were about to pop out and kill everyone in the pub and emotions kept changing after every second. Our table got thrown by icecubes and cigarette leftovers for a few seconds, and since we decided to ignore him, he throw a metal ashtray headed to my direction from across the pub wich smashed into mirror behind me.
Quote from -NightFly- :I did that... and in the other threads also, where you were writing basically same, no need to get touchy and start insulting. And that's just your point of view, justifying your addiction by telling everyone how bad alcohol is compared to drugs, we all know (well, most of us at least) what alcohol does to us already.

Addiction? LOL
i haven't done any drug apart from weed for over a month

Again, you're an uneducated moron.
I have no reason to smoke, and I am underage for drinking. To cool me down I watch fights on the internet unfold. It helps the pores. [etals:]
I once was so drunk, that i thought i'm dead. I remember walking around with two glasses of vodka and shouting at everybody - drink with me or i will kill you! My friends told me, that i got sick, opened a window to puke (4th floor)but another drunk guy thought i am going to commit a suicide, pulled me back in, i puked everywhere, tried to clean everything with a classmates sweater, fell down the stairs, tried to swim in a snowdrift, puked in taxi and a friend covered my vomit with a jacket, because the driver was furious at me.

I still drink, but not that much. I enjoy beer, but i quite agree with Klutch, alcohol isn't the best drug, but i am not going to try something more than weed.

Oh, from what i see in the streets of Lithuania, i can say - nobody is underage for drinking. Every kid is a drunkard.
I usually drink alcohol, specially in beer when i race in LFS. Usually im @ cargame.nl S2

But... Alcohol is for wise men, and wise men is who doesn't drink alcohol.
I almost never have trouble with alcohol.

Every day I drink a pint or two, and when I go out, I usually drink some Bailey's and Eristoff Vodka.

Alcohol doesn't seem to have an effect on me. I don't get drunk, no mather how much I drink.

Once whilst being on vacation, I've taken it to the test, and tried to see just how much alcohol I could drink before getting wasted.

That night I drank 2 bottles of fake Bailey's (Cream Whiskey), 15 small shots, and 2 pints. I can remember that I didn't feel anything apart from seeing a bit vague. I went back to my tent, slept well, and woke up without a headache.

Now I wonder if anyone has a logical reason why alcohol doesn't affect me. Could this be thanks to my medicines? I do know that I actually may have no drop of alcohol with them, so maybe they cause there to be no effect?
Quote from rockclan :I almost never have trouble with alcohol.

Every day I drink a pint or two, and when I go out, I usually drink some Bailey's and Eristoff Vodka.

Alcohol doesn't seem to have an effect on me. I don't get drunk, no mather how much I drink.

Once whilst being on vacation, I've taken it to the test, and tried to see just how much alcohol I could drink before getting wasted.

That night I drank 2 bottles of fake Bailey's (Cream Whiskey), 15 small shots, and 2 pints. I can remember that I didn't feel anything apart from seeing a bit vague. I went back to my tent, slept well, and woke up without a headache.

Now I wonder if anyone has a logical reason why alcohol doesn't affect me. Could this be thanks to my medicines? I do know that I actually may have no drop of alcohol with them, so maybe they cause there to be no effect?

Or maybe your talking out yer ass again.
I'm allergic to alcohol

But i do a lot of drugs... and by drugs i mean redbull
#40 - Osco
Seems most people here drink just to get drunk or because it's cool. I like to have a beer after a long day's work in the sun. I could drink 1, I could drink 10 (so to speak). Enjoying a special beer or a good 16 year-old single malt on a good night is awesome. Doesn't mean I don't like to get drunk every now and then Drunk enough to walk funny, not enough to take random bar-whales home
It's all fun and games until finally 3 hours before the wedding, you can't find Doug. That and the fact that Mike Tyson's tiger is in your bathroom, one of you has pulled his tooth out and he finds out he is now married to a stripper and a naked Japanese guy has launched himself out of the trunk to strike you with a lug wrench....
Quote from rockclan :I almost never have trouble with alcohol.

Parties are very expensive for you then. I need only half a liter of vodka to start walking funny and talk nonsense. A bit more and i am already threatening to kill someone. Cheap!
You rich bastard!
I love some red wine with a good meal Otherwise I'm not much of an alcohol guy..
I like to drink alcoholic stuff, but mostly for the taste. I've been really wasted maybe two-three times in my life, and never on purpose. I don't like being drunk, all it does is affecting my sense of balance, i.e when I close my eyes everything is tumbling around. I still am myself, don't do stupid stuff, yell around or feel an inevitable urge to fight with people. Maybe thats the reason people like to call me "party conscience", its mostly me who stops people doing stuff they would regret when sober again (fighting, destroying stuff, waking friends-who-is-not-allowed-any-drinking (Tamil) parents when we bring him home pissed in the middle of the night etc.).

So, I like good doses whiskey, beer, all kinds of longdrinks, I hate everything with energy in it
I just read a book on the affects of alcohol.

That's the last time I'm reading a book
#46 - 5haz
Like anything its about balance, there is the sweet spot where it's genuinely liberating and you can approach people you never would when sober, beyond which you end up just making an arse of yourself or crying into your drink, and the girls get upset because you've just vomited on their shoes/carpet/etc.

Being the merry one on a night out is the most fun, because you can laugh when all your friends who don't know when to stop seriously embarrass themselves.
Getting shitfaced is the only way to make life bearable. I imagine if they outlawed alcohol the suicide rate would go through the roof.

Or everyone would start drinking aftershave.
unlike you guys, i dont drink to get shitface... i drink because i enjoy it...

only Really drink heavy when im abroad when its normally cheaper or more socially acceptable ( you know, out on the town, friday night etc etc )

but in all seriousness ill drink my 8 pints, a few whiskeys then get a few bottles for the road and thats me walking home with a smile on my face.

Anyone who drinks less then 6 pints + half a bottle of vodka and is practically falling off their chair shouldn't drink, Ever.

* inb4 irish stereotypical alcoholism *
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Also, it occurs to me that unless Alcohol is in some way, either no-one asks anyone out, or no-one says yes when they're asked out. Agree/Disagree?

I'm too lazy to discuss the other stuff you've written but I'd just like to address this point; if that's the case, everyone you know is just a pansy. My girlfriend ( <3 )and I were together for a month before we saw each other drunk. We had the "us" discussion while laying in my bed one night after we had been seeing each other for a couple weeks. No alcohol involved.

[EDIT] Oh yes, I hardly drink anymore. I don't find being drunk fun anymore, so now I just have a beer or two when the mood strikes me. I still love a good pint.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Alcohol causes aggressiveness, stupid fights

Depends on the person. Booze just makes me silly and happy and giggly. I see booze as a mood amplifier - if you're depressed, it'll make things worse, if you're aggressive, it'll bring that out of you.

Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG