The online racing simulator
I stayed up longer than I told my wife I would and made this.
Kudos to anyone who can guess what it is (exactly!).

mini plane engine thingy ?
Quote from BlueFlame :No, it's from a car, hence the subframe.

never really payed too much attention and frankly the camera angel does no favors whatsoever
#5 - DeKo
Old F1 V12 airfix? Possibly 60's era, judging from the ridiculous exhausts and the Transverse layout, possibly the Honda?

Edit: Had a look at a few pictures and the exhausts almost exactly match the Honda RA272. What do I win?
It's a Transverse V12 so not exactly going to power a Rover 200....so I'd say some old racing car.

Or you were wanking and that popped out of your pee-pee and caught it with the tissue you had waiting...in which case that means you've made a baby by asexual reproduction.

I hope your wife leaves you. I would if you left me horny in bed to play with plastic and glue.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOOK WHAT I'VE MADE, I'LL HAVE TO INVITE YOU ROUND TO MY HOUSE AND TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnCMSWtoVc
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
Looks like a Honda RA272 to me.

Amusing that irishnoob thought it was a plane engine or that the camera angle does it no favours - it's quite clear what it is.
My eyes! You need to get some black wash on that to pick out the crevices.
So what exactly is it Jake?
is it a Flat-12 engine? I'd be inclined to think that is a sports-car's engine (road or racing, I don't know) because of the way it's mounted. Could belong to an Italian car, perhaps a Ferrari.
It's definately the 1.5 V12 from RA272 of 1965 as Tristan and Deko suggested, but it's not airfix, it's Tamiya, airfix kits are generally extremely poor and you have to do more work assembling it/getting it to fit properly.

But talking of airfix, I also did this.

Default nose cone skin is supposed to be yellow, but in that particular KG the commanding officer had blue nose cones and I had a blue from Tamiya that I wanted to test, and I think it looks better in blue than yellow.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

I hope your wife leaves you. I would if you left me horny in bed to play with plastic and glue.

Ironically that's not far from the truth.

What can I say, I love plastic kits. Another reason I dislike Airfix is because they seem to be all "Spitfires 'n Hurricanes" rather than the DECENT planes WW2 enthusiasts actually WANT to build, such as 109 variations and others, there's only 3 variations of the 109 airfix ever made, yet there's something like 10 they made of the Spitfire, and the differences are slight on appearance.
#13 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :What can I say, I love plastic kits.

Is that what they call them these days? :mischievo
Quote from 5haz :Is that what they call them these days? :mischievo

At least it's more subtle than rubber!
Looking at that He-111, a tip for cleaning up the canopies where it's really difficult to paint within the lines: You can use a knife to scrape off the paint where it's touched the glazed areas, and then go over those parts with gloss varnish and it'll 're-transparentise' the plastic where you've scraped it.
Is it the 70s Lotus F1 car with that JPS livery?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Looking at that He-111, a tip for cleaning up the canopies where it's really difficult to paint within the lines: You can use a knife to scrape off the paint where it's touched the glazed areas, and then go over those parts with gloss varnish and it'll 're-transparentise' the plastic where you've scraped it.

Yea, instead of using a knife, I use my wifes cuticle scraper, it's really smooth edge and not sharp at all but enough, literally, to just strip the paint of the crystals. The 111 is a bitch to do for the canopy anyway, and typically on Airfix, the crystals aren't defined very well on the lines that define the frame for each pane of glass and the canopy was in two halfs that didn't line up at all.

The 111 was kind of a rushed affair though, it had been sitting there for that long I got really pushy to just get it done, so there are some imperfections on there.

Anyone else done any models recently? I find it's a great way to learn more about cars (if the kit is good, Tamiya etc) because the parts are so detailed.
I haven't built a kit in years, but I did a lot when I was younger. Still have them at my folks' place. My favorite was a Hotwheels sponsored Trans-Am Camaro. Also have Ron Fellows' Sunoco one, but it's not built. Two other left in limbo were a 98 Nissan R390 GT-1 and a Dome NSX from the JGTC.

Most of my finished kits are less exciting cars, though...
Not got any photos of my aircraft kits, but I used to paint Warhammer 40K miniatures pretty well:

I'm not at the moment, and I will never be that good at intricately painting small parts but, saying that, painting to me is theraputic, also when I build up a model of a car, it's not because I wanna make it better than anyone elses it's because I want to pay hommage to that car in my own way, and building a car is more fun than just buying a diecast model right? :P
You should try building up the colours in layers. For example on that engine, paint the metal parts silver/gold as you have done. Then go over all the metal parts with thinned down black paint. This will run off the raised areas and sit in the hollows, picking out all the shadows for you.

Then, any parts that have had too much wash, you can go over again with the gold/silver.

Once that's dry, mix some white with the silver (for the silver parts), or some white/yellow with the gold (for the gold parts), and use these to highlight any raised edges.

It'll add some depth and make it look a million times better.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You should try building up the colours in layers. For example on that engine, paint the metal parts silver/gold as you have done. Then go over all the metal parts with thinned down black paint. This will run off the raised areas and sit in the hollows, picking out all the shadows for you.

Then, any parts that have had too much wash, you can go over again with the gold/silver.

Once that's dry, mix some white with the silver (for the silver parts), or some white/yellow with the gold (for the gold parts), and use these to highlight any raised edges.

Noted and quoted for good tips.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You should try building up the colours in layers. For example on that engine, paint the metal parts silver/gold as you have done. Then go over all the metal parts with thinned down black paint. This will run off the raised areas and sit in the hollows, picking out all the shadows for you.

... I don't know why, but I've never thought about painting a model car with miniatures painting techniques. Sounds obvious now that you bring it up, though. ha
Quote from tristancliffe :Looks like a Honda RA272 to me.

Amusing that irishnoob thought it was a plane engine or that the camera angle does it no favours - it's quite clear what it is.

posted at nearly 3 a.m, only in from work when i can barely see past my hands...

atleast i knew it was an engine !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG