The online racing simulator
The Cruise Patch
(127 posts, started )
Quote from Bean0 :It's those bloody Europeans confusing things again, they write 100e etc.

Depends on the country, but supposedly the standard is €100.
Quote from BlueFlame :Iracing is a waste of money. FACT.

Fact my arse. That's an opinion, not a fact.

iRacing has been the best money I've spent on sim racing. Now that's a fact.
Quote from The Moose :Fact my arse. That's an opinion, not a fact.

No. That's your opinion, not a fact.
Quote from The Moose :Fact my arse. That's an opinion, not a fact.

It is a fact, spending money on anything you don't need to survive is a waste of money. Only difference is, I'm not a mug, so I don't pay monthly for any games I play. Would you pay monthly for a football? Or cricket gear? No. You buy it for life and use it when you need/want to.
Quote from BlueFlame :It is a fact, spending money on anything you don't need to survive is a waste of money.

Run that past me again

I could list a thousand reasons why that statement is completely flawed. I'd be wasting my time though.
A football in this iRacing analogy is a ball that you lease from your local park, while the iRacing subscription is the fees you have to pay your council to use your local park for the use of the changing rooms and everything else needed for your amateur league game
Quote from boothy :A football in this iRacing analogy is a ball that you lease from your local park, while the iRacing subscription is the fees you have to pay your council to use your local park for the use of the changing rooms and everything else needed for your amateur league game

True, it was probably the worst analogy I could of used to exaggerate my point.
Quote from BOSCHO :No. That's your opinion, not a fact.

No, that's a fact.

"iRacing is a waste of money." That's an opinion.

"iRacing has been the best money I've spent on sim racing." That's a fact. No-one can dispute it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :So what sim should I get if I want to do racing these days, is there only iRacing?

Quote from March Hare :Is there a sim(ish) game that has the retro muscle cars Mustang, Camaro and Challenger.

Physics engine should be a bit above arcade, so you have to use the brakes. Graphics don't need to be too outrageous. Either net racing or goodish AI. And the important part: You can have mixed races and the cars have some differences.

http://www.gtlw.co.uk/
Quote from thisnameistaken :I never got GTL because GTR was so wank. Is it any good?

It was OK, just like GTR but with oldskool cars.

What Xaotik linked to, is a mod for GTR2 that uses a lot of the GTL content...you need to own both games to install it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I never got GTL because GTR was so wank. Is it any good?

I think this mod is as good as that physics engine can get. It basically transforms GTR2 into a different game all together, from menus all the way to the FFB. Unlike GTL it doesn't try to be "GT cars of old in newer times" but just sticks to historic data found from various sources (homologation scans, blueprints, you name it) to get the cars back into what they used to be, both appearance-wise and performance-wise.

You can get GTR2 serials for free any more here:
http://www.computerbild.de/gut ... seriennummer-4349161.html

And the GTL CD for £0.99 here:
http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PCbjq616n1x5uqgeqr/
i gotta say i got really excited when i saw that xaotik was posting in a slightly funny kev thread... only to be sorely disappointed by the seriousness of his posts
We are working on some new material but it's taking longer than we anticipated.
Will your jokes have a new character model or are you just going to release open ended jokes?
Quote from thisnameistaken :We are working on some new material but it's taking longer than we anticipated.

where have i heard that one before? oh yeah right
Will you release it on friday?
Quote from J@tko :No, that's a fact.

"iRacing is a waste of money." That's an opinion.

"iRacing has been the best money I've spent on sim racing." That's a fact. No-one can dispute it.

A fact needs proof before it becomes a fact; Without, It is merely speculation.

"I really love this game, It's the best game you can buy" = Opinion

"This game is receiving the most money from sales and revenue = Fact, With Data.

I'm just going to go back home if English speaking are really.. that.. dumb. Opinion
Quote from TehPaws3D :
I'm just going to go back home if English speaking are really.. that.. dumb. Opinion

You realize that this sentence insults just about everyone on this forum?
Quote from TehPaws3D :A fact needs proof before it becomes a fact; Without, It is merely speculation.

"This game is receiving the most money from sales and revenue = Fact, With Data.

You've missed the point. Opinion is opinion, but it can be a fact that someone has an opinion. "I like trains more than cars". Trains might not be better than cars, but it's a fact that I like trains more than I like cars. (i don't). No proof needed.
Quote from sinbad :You've missed the point. Opinion is opinion, but it can be a fact that someone has an opinion. "I like trains more than cars". Trains might not be better than cars, but it's a fact that I like trains more than I like cars. (i don't). No proof needed.

Yea, but it's like saying who's better, The Rolling Stones or Queen? Nobody can ever be 'right' just as nobody can ever be 'wrong'.

That's the beauty, or rather, annoyance with opinions, trouble is many people believe things to be a fact when they are only an opinion, climate change, 911 theories etc.

But me saying iRacing is a waste of money is a fact is true. As I said before, spending money on anything that's not a necessity is a waste of sort. Unless you use the said item every day or more there will always be a time when iRacing is burning a hole in your wallet when you are not using it.
Quote from TehPaws3D :A fact needs proof before it becomes a fact; Without, It is merely speculation.

If J@kto thinks that iRacing is the best money he's spent on racing than that's a fact which is personal to him. I won't insult you in the hope that one day you and I may fornicate.
Jamie.. I think your gut will get in the way of that one!

I KID! I KID!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Jamie.. I think your gut will get in the way of that one!

I KID! I KID!

I AM NOT THAT FAT. :sadbanana
Quote from Shotglass :i gotta say i got really excited when i saw that xaotik was posting in a slightly funny kev thread... only to be sorely disappointed by the seriousness of his posts

I know, it's like dropping a "all you can eat" pamphlet at a weight watcher's meeting only for some poor sucker to realize the full phrase continued in smaller type is "british cuisine".

The Cruise Patch
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG