The online racing simulator
Team Lotus linked to Caterham tie-up
That's good news, for me it reinforces the fact that cars manufactured by Lotus have great handling! A fitting union if you ask me
Lets hope Caterham aren't involved in the aerodynamic side of things then.
They are ultimately after Lola. Caterham have nothing to offer an F1 team. Maybe the 2012 Lotus will be the first F1 car in years to have a spaceframe, front mounted engine and wobbly lights.

What else could a company that primarily makes copies of a 1950s design offer Team Lotus?

It has to be to get access to, and ultimately ownership of, Lola.
If they do gain access to Lola, hopefully Lola wouldn't make them a car that was as bad as the one from 97, that thing was a disaster.
I doubt they get Lola to build them a car - more likely they want to acquire the facilities, IP etc of Lola.
It might enable them to aquire more manpower or industrial capabilities (god it sounds like Hearts of Iron). Either that or gain some extra knowledge and or personell to help via experience.
Quote from BlueFlame :It might enable them to aquire more manpower or industrial capabilities (god it sounds like Hearts of Iron). Either that or gain some extra knowledge and or personell to help via experience.

Team Lotus get monies, Caterham get advertising which = monies. All they want is the monies!
Should've been banned from Monaco a long time ago afaic...
Quote from (The Stig) :Boothy why you cussing me your generation is the generel amount of crap I get at school everyday! Gayness especially as im not GAY! so shut your big mouth!

you told me you were like 26 or something and you're still at school? do u still lick the windows on the special bus?
Changes to Abu Dhabi circuit revealed: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90938

IMO the real problem was the angle of that Turn 7, preventing anyone to be within reach of the slipstream on the longstraight. I'm a bit surprised they won't change it. But anyway things will be very different with DRS now.

Thumbs up for fixing turn 13-14, anyway. Though this probably won't improve overtaking, that slow section was rather uninterresting, so it's good to see some changes on it.
The only reason Red Bull wouldn't renew hes contract would be if someone like Hamilton where to come to the team as i don't see anyone else that would be good enough for Red Bull.
News corp and some italian investment company making a bid for F1
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :News corp and some italian investment company making a bid for F1

So we get to pay to watch Ferrari 1-2's?

Edit - Even better. (Autosport forum)

Quote :DON'T BE SILLY!!!

(It'll be 1-2-3's because Monty will finally get his way...)

Quote from DevilDare :So we get to pay to watch Ferrari 1-2's?

On Sky Sports, with commercials, and probably no Martin Brundle
Saying that, i think either Bernie will not sell or if he does the teams will create a breakaway series...
It depends what this bid can bring to the table. It appears that they do want to invest in areas that the current owners have failed to do so. Just turning up and racing (at the expense of tax payers) in a currently does not constitute 'breaking into a new market'. There also needs to be more investment into developing the fan base. Quite a few teams are in financial difficulties so it's not like the current situation is ideal.

I think naturally they'd like to appeal to as wider viewing audience as possible but there could be less team objection than you'd imagine. In the UK the BBC can't afford coverage anyway.
Adverts will come back and kill F1. With advertised replay systems like on V8 supercars and NASCAR with commentators forced to plug in product placement all the time.
Someone please keep Murdoch and his cronies away from F1.
Quote from BlueFlame :Adverts will come back and kill F1. With advertised replay systems like on V8 supercars and NASCAR with commentators forced to plug in product placement all the time.

Nascar is massive... as is V8 Supercars.... They rarely suffer from empty grandstand syndrome F1 enjoys on more than regular occasions.

Don't pretend some F1 teams aren't in financial trouble and that everything in F1 is hunky dory.

While I have my doubts about a takeover bid, F1 isn't some shining un-touched light of hope and honesty. it isn't... never has been... never will be.
Just do like IndyCar and have the "side by side" commercials. Best of both worlds. Thinking you can go on forever without having some form of commercials or other advertising ways to bring in money is just being a bit spoiled, don't you think?
Quote from Intrepid :Nascar is massive... as is V8 Supercars.... They rarely suffer from empty grandstand syndrome F1 enjoys on more than regular occasions.

Nascar and V8 Supercars don't go to silly places like India and Turkey. You'll notice the majority of F1 fans at any track are following fans from other countries anyway.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG