New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
New test patch! Hopefully more good things will be coming this year.
Haha.. Wow.. I get a new game.. And this.

Brilliant work LFS team, I'd give you a standing ovation
#28 - FRED
thx have to test it )
thanks Scavier
Just dragged my wheel out for old times sake, wish i hadn't...
I already faced with a problem: steep fps drops appear to happen after instaling this patch :/ There was usually 90-100+fps at 1080i, not is 50-55 fps...
Quote from seniecka :I already faced with a problem: steep fps drops appear to happen after instaling this patch :/ There was usually 90-100+fps at 1080i, not is 50-55 fps...

Were you at an open configuration?

There is a frame rate drop at open configs, because *all* the world objects (track / buildings / fences / everything) are drawn, not only the ones you "should" be able to see.

However, I did a lot of graphics optimisation to deal with this. So you should find that on a normal (not open) configuration, your frame rate should be higher than before.
Quote from Scawen :Were you at an open configuration?

There is a frame rate drop at open configs, because *all* the world objects (track / buildings / fences / everything) are drawn, not only the ones you "should" be able to see.

Oh, I thought there was some kind of a new drawing system there. Luckily I got a new graphics card on the way
#35 - Zay
nice patch haha =D
Quote from Zay :But does he mean the rubber that gets laid on the track over time with cars running over it on the racing line, or just skid marks, like when woue skid or do a burnout?

Yeah, it turns out that the skid marks were an unknown bug. I put my foot in my mouth. :P
Thanks guys

The strange for me, is that im a demo racer but can see S2 servers (cant enter, but can see on list)...

Still going test it
Quote from Si Mclaren :Thanks guys

The strange for me, is that im a demo racer but can see S2 servers (cant enter, but can see on list)...

Still going test it

From the list of updates:

List of hosts can now show hosts you are not licensed to join
Quote from Si Mclaren :Thanks guys

Still going test it

That's a new feature in the test patch.
Wow are these secret roads on South City (you need to jump a over a few barriers, but they are working roads) new, never seen them before.
they were already there
Quote from Scawen :Were you at an open configuration?

However, I did a lot of graphics optimisation to deal with this. So you should find that on a normal (not open) configuration, your frame rate should be higher than before.

noticed frames on highest graphics settings for everything (even open lyt) still maintained a 59.9-60 no matter what. Mainly due to the fact that I capped my graphics card. So I think you making FPS better and adding new content shouldnt be much different then what we had in z28.

I salute you scawen for the new ramps, you will see some new stuff soon .
I was thinking about open configs and I think they could do quite a bit for leagues. Leagues can lean away from doing a track twice in a season and instead add variations to the track to make it feel new. I.E. FE Green can be run normally and with the new 'loop.'

Also, I was looking at the Fe Rally X (the longer one) and it looked like the Rally X Green's tarmac surface could be used as a sort of 'joker lap' if someone is really up to it.

Honestly, I've only looked at FE and the possibilities seem endless. I can't even imagine what things are like on Aston or South City. Westhill is a bit of a drag though!
i tried the aston open config and found it very laggy. not sure how FE would fare, but in all fairness i need a new gaming machine by today's high standards.
thanks for the birthday present was kinda hoping for it this year
I salut scavier expressing my feelings with this song.

PS. keep up the progress reports, im lovin' it.
Does collision with other vehicles now work or you still go nuts when bumping other players side?
Thanks Scavier
This thread is closed

New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG